HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum

Since 1999, the SkyscraperPage Forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web. The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics. Welcome!

You are currently browsing as a guest. Register with the SkyscraperPage Forum and join this growing community of skyscraper enthusiasts. Registering has benefits such as fewer ads, the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:00 PM

171 N. Wabash

Just walked past the empty lot on Wabash b/w Elephant & Castle and Gold Coast Dogs.. construction fencing is down and a brand new self-park meter has been installed. It looks like the 7 Eleven/DD mini retail strip listed as "coming soon" on said fence and pictured below isn't happening (..yet?)

upload image free

This lot was part of the 73 E. Lake tower construction plans. Originally planned to be an 8 story office building w/ 248 parking spaces? ..they later switched to the 1 story shit ass retail plan. This thing now being a parking lot gives me hope they're planning for something bigger or they'll sell the land to someone who will

CAB's article (http://www.chicagoarchitecture.org/2...fice-building/)

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:38 PM
Content provider

^that always seemed like a waste of time

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:17 PM

^^ Isn't the garage w shops just to the south up for development as well ?

Old Posted Today, 12:32 AM
Exhale solutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Sky21 View Post
I don't know, i think i would be more interested in paying a visit to O.G's Hoes...i bet its a good time in there!!
That would have been OG Shoes, a little gem who's modern facade was a product of the American Terra Cotta Company:

X

Old Posted Today, 12:58 AM

I think there was a storefront like that on State in the loop but it might have just gotten replaced. There was a shoe store and a men's clothier still rocking old fashioned storefronts.

Old Posted Today, 1:37 AM
dream fast

11/23

Rehab of the tired Self-Park at Randolph & Wells

Old Posted Today, 1:43 AM
vertical

I have mixed feelings about CHA but I do agree with the idea of a mixed income community at the Ickes site, regardless of the underwhelming design at Roosevelt Square, Stateway, etc.

Seems like planners are acknowledging the transit-oriented nature of the site, and I believe they are suggesting at least one high rise on the State/Cermak corner that is similar in scale to the Hilliard Homes. We've also seen them test the waters on midrise buildings at ParkSide. This could actually end up being a pretty urban neighborhood if they keep the townhouses to a minimum.

The bigger question is whether this is actually a desirable site. The last and only high rise on Cermak was the failed Lexington Park. Other loft developments south of Cermak have also had a mixed record. Ideally the new CTA stop will encourage homebuyers and renters to consider this area.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development