HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Feb 24, 2020, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaBass View Post

Durham Language and Literature Building Renovation
Nice improvement, that building is a stain on this earth.

As are most academic buildings from the 1970's

Old Posted Feb 27, 2020, 5:21 AM

Old Posted Feb 27, 2020, 5:23 AM

Old Posted Feb 27, 2020, 5:59 PM
Skyriser

What are we looking at in the second picture?

Old Posted Feb 27, 2020, 7:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
What are we looking at in the second picture?
That's 707 Forest, SEC of Forest and 7th St. 20ish story apartment building similar in form to Oliv in Tempe or the Stewart in Phoenix.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2020, 7:21 PM
Skyriser

Thanks, I mostly am familiar with Phoenix projects and these Tempe towers are sprouting up like weeds.

Old Posted Feb 29, 2020, 5:06 PM

I noticed they are demoing the Progressive building on NE corner of Curry and College. I wonder what the plans are for that spot.

Old Posted Feb 29, 2020, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciweiss View Post
I noticed they are demoing the Progressive building on NE corner of Curry and College. I wonder what the plans are for that spot.
Second phase of the neighboring Camden Hayden apartments.

https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=71568

Old Posted Mar 3, 2020, 11:20 PM

300' foot crane evaluation for 100 Mill.

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external...32450890&row=7

Old Posted Mar 4, 2020, 4:26 PM

Old Posted Mar 4, 2020, 5:29 PM

Great article and well written. Really summarizes all that is going on at Novus. I drove by that area yesterday and the office building looks amazing! I'm sure the other two planned there wont disappoint either.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2020, 6:15 PM

Tempe development tracker shows 'The Beam,' the office proposal for the parking lot to the south of the Yard on Farmer/5th St as having applied for a building permit.

https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=80485

If that turns out accurate, it's a big testament to the ongoing strength of the Tempe office market.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2020, 10:17 PM

I don’t see how one project is a big testament considering there’s about a dozen larger projects planned, phased or going on in Tempe currently, but ok.

In other news, I’m glad to report that The Pier is pouring concrete for the first floor columns! At this rate we’ll be to the third floor at the end of the year.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2020, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfiredude View Post
I don’t see how one project is a big testament considering there’s about a dozen larger projects planned, phased or going on in Tempe currently, but ok.

In other news, I’m glad to report that The Pier is pouring concrete for the first floor columns! At this rate we’ll be to the third floor at the end of the year.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2020, 10:53 PM
Skyriser

I get the feeling that the investor for the Pier is a shift lead at a McDonald's or something like that and finances the tower after paying his roommate the rent.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2020, 1:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Tempe development tracker shows 'The Beam,' the office proposal for the parking lot to the south of the Yard on Farmer/5th St as having applied for a building permit.

https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=80485

If that turns out accurate, it's a big testament to the ongoing strength of the Tempe office market.
Thanks for the update Muertecaza. Definitely a good sign, especially with some of the concerns going on in the economy.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2020, 4:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB1 View Post
Thanks for the update Muertecaza. Definitely a good sign, especially with some of the concerns going on in the economy.
Thanks for saying this! Muertecaza, I appreciate your posts! Keep up the good work!

Old Posted Mar 6, 2020, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edifice View Post
Thanks for saying this! Muertecaza, I appreciate your posts! Keep up the good work!
Yeah, I agree. You make great contributions to this forum. You, Mr. Re, and AZsunsurfer have posted great things as well as everyone else on the forum. I get a lot of insights from you guys.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2020, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edifice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB1 View Post
Yeah, I agree. You make great contributions to this forum. You, Mr. Re, and AZsunsurfer have posted great things as well as everyone else on the forum. I get a lot of insights from you guys.
Thanks for the kind words ya'll.

Canopy by Hilton opening this month:

https://www.statepress.com/article/2...on-hotel-tempe

Quote:
In late March, people will be able to visit the new Canopy by Hilton Tempe Downtown, located just steps from Mill Avenue.

Positioned just across from ASU at the corner of University Drive and Myrtle Avenue, the space will open March 26, 2020, said Alan Klein, general manager of the hotel...

Spanning 14 floors, the hotel will have 198 rooms and suites along with a fitness center and meeting and event space, according to the press release.

Guests will also be able to enjoy two new restaurants. On the first floor, Alter Ego, an all-day restaurant, will be open to attract locals and hotel residents, Klein said.

A rooftop pool and bar will also be available for guests to enjoy. Cabanas and a fire pit are among other additional amenities, according to the press release. Accompanying the rooftop pool, Klein said a restaurant called Alibi will offer guests a variety of cocktails and hors d'oeuvres.

The hotel will have a strong Arizona feel the minute you walk in, Klein said. It will have artwork representing Tempe as well as canyons and crevices on the ceiling in the lobby to represent the state's beautiful landscapes, Klein said.

Continuing with the local theme, Canopy by Hilton Tempe Downtown will have Arizona brands for visitors. Press Coffee and Pedal Haus Brewery will be offering their drinks for guests to try.

Lauren Kuby, vice mayor of Tempe, sees this hotel as an opportunity to create jobs and bring in revenue for the city and residents of Tempe.

Kuby said she does not think the hotel will cause additional traffic or overcrowding since there will be underground parking for guests.

“Cities need to be wary of creating too much parking; it encourages you to use your car,” Kuby said...
Refreshing to hear Cm. Kuby not pull any punches on parking.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2020, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
I get the feeling that the investor for the Pier is a shift lead at a McDonald's or something like that and finances the tower after paying his roommate the rent.
It is weird but given all the new residential in Tempe maybe they (smartly) are timing this project to stall (via a mezzanine loan through foundation) then further finance it once market absorption is seen etc.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest