HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

River Point in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Feb 22, 2017, 3:33 AM
Making Chicago Memorable.

Does anyone know if the crown will have LEDs to light up the building at night? Would be great to see colors light up the curvature of the crown at night!

Old Posted Feb 24, 2017, 1:35 AM

I don't know for sure but I sure hope it is lit up at night in some dramatic fashion. To not do so would be a missed opportunity for a project that has done almost everything well.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2017, 3:03 PM

I have a nice view of River Point Tower from my apartment in Marina City. Here's a photo from my balcony from last week. They don't do anything dramatic to light up the tower. The lobby is always visible, which is quite nice from street level. When it gets darker than this, two red safety lights appear in the top corners of the tower. That's about it.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2017, 2:38 AM

That might be the best looking shot of 111 Wacker I've seen

Old Posted Feb 25, 2017, 6:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron38 View Post
That might be the best looking shot of 111 Wacker I've seen
I still wish that the rectangular setbacks on the north side of 111 was lit up with white light like in the original render. It would make it much more prominent along the river. Very cool shot.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2017, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpireGuy View Post
Does anyone know if the crown will have LEDs to light up the building at night? Would be great to see colors light up the curvature of the crown at night!
Is anybody involved with the groups who would know anything about this or 150's "crown" lighting? If so could you ask them, would seem like a lost opportunity if both this and 150 dont get some form of roof lighting. Especially how great both the plazas and 150's sidelighting turned out for night viewing. I dont think we need trump type of thing with multi-colors but something solid

Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 4:47 PM

I watched this building go up from my office near Humboldt park. Yesterday, for the first time (must be the time of the year and the angle of the sun) the top concave portion of the building created the most intense concentrated glare I have ever seen. It was so bright if you looked towards downtown it looked like the sun was setting in the east. I was seeing spots for an hour after looking directly at it. Everyone in my office had to pull their blinds down or risk doing damage to their eyes... no joke. Has anyone else seen this? I hope the stars aligned just right to produce this unbelievably bright phenomena, otherwise i'm going to be very disappointed I will no longer be able to look at the beautiful skyline during the sunset anymore.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 4:54 PM
All-American City Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arm&Kedzie View Post
I watched this building go up from my office near Humboldt park. Yesterday, for the first time (must be the time of the year and the angle of the sun) the top concave portion of the building created the most intense concentrated glare I have ever seen. It was so bright if you looked towards downtown it looked like the sun was setting in the east. I was seeing spots for an hour after looking directly at it. Everyone in my office had to pull their blinds down or risk doing damage to their eyes... no joke. Has anyone else seen this? I hope the stars aligned just right to produce this unbelievably bright phenomena, otherwise i'm going to be very disappointed I will no longer be able to look at the beautiful skyline during the sunset anymore.
It's the building's way of saying "Avert your eyes peasants!" Bust seriously if that portion of the building were solar panels, thing of the energy it would generate.
4. Chicago Board of Trade - Chicago - Holabird & Root - Photo
5. Cathedral of Learning - Pittsburgh - Charles Klauder - Photo

Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 6:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arm&Kedzie View Post
I live a few blocks east of this building. On a sunny morning, I'll receive an intense blast of light from the rising sun. It lasts about 10 minutes, and I think it's pretty cool, to be honest.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive