HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 7, 2015, 2:17 AM

Wouldn't the property be more valuable with something other than a shitty strip mall near it? How crazy...

Old Posted Oct 7, 2015, 10:42 AM

Some Hollywood Development during the rain.

Columbia Square
IMG_6588 by Joe Sands, on Flickr

IMG_6583 by Joe Sands, on Flickr

IMG_6586 by Joe Sands, on Flickr

The Camden Hollywood
IMG_6595 by Joe Sands, on Flickr

IMG_6593 by Joe Sands, on Flickr

Last edited by saybanana; Oct 10, 2015 at 2:52 AM.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2015, 10:50 AM

The Dream Hotel Hollywood - hopefully you can see it through the black tarp
IMG_6601 by Joe Sands, on Flickr

IMG_6598 by Joe Sands, on Flickr

IMG_6599 by Joe Sands, on Flickr

This old hotel next to the Dream on Wilcox is gutted and going through a renovation
IMG_6600 by Joe Sands, on Flickr

Selma Community Housing Shelter on Selma and Cherokee
IMG_6602 by Joe Sands, on Flickr

IMG_6604 by Joe Sands, on Flickr

Last edited by saybanana; Oct 10, 2015 at 2:56 AM.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2015, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyv View Post
Interesting. This was the property previously slated for the Lexington (seen below). Same number of units, so it looks like all that's happening is a redesign with Avalon Bay's branding.

http://urbanize.la/post/hollywoods-l...-and-downsized

http://urbanize.la/post/hollywoods-l...-and-downsized

Old Posted Oct 7, 2015, 5:26 PM

6 storey hotel (once 19 stories) approved by County Supervisors for Marina del Rey (reported in LA Times)

Old Posted Oct 8, 2015, 4:20 PM

http://urbanize.la/post/domain-rising-west-hollywood

Progress on Domain in West Hollywood (Trammell Crow, Studio One Eleven). 166 apartments, 9,300 square feet of retail space.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2015, 6:48 PM

anyone in k-town mind taking a picture of the tower under construction at 3033 wilshire? Curious to see it progress

Old Posted Oct 8, 2015, 10:20 PM

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...007-story.html

This article talks of some pretty ambitious plans if voters pass it next year.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2015, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyv View Post
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...007-story.html

This article talks of some pretty ambitious plans if voters pass it next year.
They need a concerted campaign of all stakeholders STARTING EARLY. Before, it was a half-assed, last-second operation with the Facebook page going up two weeks before the election. If we are gonna do this, do this -- Metro, politicians, developers, communities, engineering firms, unions representing each region and representing their interests (Sepulveda Subway, Subway to Sea, Crenshaw Line) needs to start selling the idea NOW--the longer Metro delays in officially putting it on the ballot and building the campaign the worse chance we have of hitting the ridiculous supermajority target.

Last edited by bighomey3000; Oct 8, 2015 at 10:39 PM.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2015, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighomey3000 View Post
They need a concerted campaign of all stakeholders STARTING EARLY. Before, it was a half-assed, last-second operation with the Facebook page going up two weeks before the election. If we are gonna do this, do this -- Metro, politicians, developers, communities, engineering firms, unions representing each region and representing their interests (Sepulveda Subway, Subway to Sea, Crenshaw Line) needs to start selling the idea NOW--the longer Metro delays in officially putting it on the ballot and building the campaign the worse chance we have of hitting the ridiculous supermajority target.
the good news is that even with that half assed attempt, the vote nearly passed with 66.5% approving, so im hoping that this time, we will win easily. The supelveda pass HRT, the Subway to the Sea, Crenshaw north and an LAX direct alone would be monumental and there are so many more worthwhile projects included.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2015, 1:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesSportsFan View Post
the good news is that even with that half assed attempt, the vote nearly passed with 66.5% approving, so im hoping that this time, we will win easily. The supelveda pass HRT, the Subway to the Sea, Crenshaw north and an LAX direct alone would be monumental and there are so many more worthwhile projects included.
Tell everyone you know to vote for it!

Old Posted Oct 9, 2015, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun View Post
anyone in k-town mind taking a picture of the tower under construction at 3033 wilshire? Curious to see it progress
I live in Virgil Village to the north, and I noticed this morning that I can now see the actual tower. The crane has been visible for months, but the building must've come into view recently. I'd say they're maybe five floors up. I'll take a picture when I get home.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2015, 2:42 AM

I went to check out two Metro related projects this past weekend during the rain. Orange Line underground connection to Red Line North Hollywood station. I couldnt see much except a hole in the ground from a distance. I didnt get a picture of it. The other is the above street pedestrian bridge at Universal City station. I have a few pictures of this. I think it is a bit over the top. 3 elevators with foot bridge on 2 sides. I think a scramble walk or bringing the Universal studios tram across the street to the station would have been a better solution.

IMG_6492 by Joe Sands, on Flickr

IMG_6490 by Joe Sands, on Flickr

IMG_6487 by Joe Sands, on Flickr

Old Posted Oct 11, 2015, 7:06 PM

Cranes are up at the Westfield Century CIty

https://www.facebook.com/urbanizela

Old Posted Oct 12, 2015, 3:24 PM

http://urbanize.la/post/first-looked...l-rey-marriott

Renderings for the Courtyard Marriott - Residence Inn approved for Marina Del Rey last week.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2015, 2:56 PM

http://urbanize.la/post/mixed-use-de...led-west-adams

Mixed-use development planned in West Adams. Four stories, 72 apartments, 33,800 sq. ft. of ground-floor retail.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2015, 3:55 PM
Los Angeles Aficionado

Playa Vista "The Brickyard"

10/13/15

Old Posted Oct 13, 2015, 4:29 PM

[QUOTE=saybanana;7193082]I went to check out two Metro related projects this past weekend during the rain. Orange Line underground connection to Red Line North Hollywood station. I couldnt see much except a hole in the ground from a distance. I didnt get a picture of it. The other is the above street pedestrian bridge at Universal City station. I have a few pictures of this. I think it is a bit over the top. 3 elevators with foot bridge on 2 sides. I think a scramble walk or bringing the Universal studios tram across the street to the station would have been a better solution.

How would a scramble have improved traffic? They want to separate the pedestrians from the traffic to improve traffic flow. The tram idea might have worked.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2015, 5:09 PM
homemoaner

[QUOTE=upward 2000;7195618]
Quote:
Originally Posted by saybanana View Post
I went to check out two Metro related projects this past weekend during the rain. Orange Line underground connection to Red Line North Hollywood station. I couldnt see much except a hole in the ground from a distance. I didnt get a picture of it. The other is the above street pedestrian bridge at Universal City station. I have a few pictures of this. I think it is a bit over the top. 3 elevators with foot bridge on 2 sides. I think a scramble walk or bringing the Universal studios tram across the street to the station would have been a better solution.

I just came out of SSP retirement to say what a horrible idea this is. The MTA is spending $27 million dollars to build this bridge when they could have built a tunnel for 2 to 5 million dollars cheaper. The North Hollywood/Lankershim tunnel connecting the Red Line to the Orange Line plaza is costing the MTA ~$22 million dollars. What a shame.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2015, 9:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiejarvis View Post

I just came out of SSP retirement to say what a horrible idea this is. The MTA is spending $27 million dollars to build this bridge when they could have built a tunnel for 2 to 5 million dollars cheaper. The North Hollywood/Lankershim tunnel connecting the Red Line to the Orange Line plaza is costing the MTA ~$22 million dollars. What a shame.
Or a scramble crossing for $50,000 for that matter.

LA has a knack for overspending and over-engineering what should be simple projects, and the outcomes are usually the worse for it.

Please follow on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations