HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Apr 15, 2014, 10:50 PM

Yeah, I wasn't being completely serious. One Canadian team in the play-offs is kinda dull though.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2014, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
Yeah, I wasn't being completely serious. One Canadian team in the play-offs is kinda dull though.
I honestly wish every Canadian team made the playoffs as much as possible (and lose as much as possible). Its more fun that way.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2014, 11:22 PM

Good luck to the Habs!! Im mainly a Sens fan but Montreal's always been one of my favourites (except for last year's playoffs ). Bring the Cup home!! I'd like to see Habs vs Blues for the finals. I know many people think that's an unlikely match up but one can dream

Old Posted Apr 17, 2014, 12:05 AM

Was going to cheer on Montreal, but I ended up taking a couple TB players in my pool so go lightning! It still feels wrong to say that, even though it has been 10 years since we lost the cup now...

Old Posted Apr 17, 2014, 5:14 AM
Go Chiefs!

Carey... you owe the team big time. 4 goals allowed on 16 shots after 60 minutes cmon...

The game should have never went to OT, Montreal dominated with 33 shots vs 16 for Tampa after regulation.

Also can someone tell Briere EVERY game is a playoff game. Once again CLUTCH pass to Weise for the OT goal. Best game he's played as a Hab.

Guy is now at 110 pts in 109 playoffs games.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2014, 3:11 PM
arf

Stamkos is Stamkos though. Too bad Yzerman and St. Louis burned those bridges because with a healthy goalie and those two, they could have scared most teams in the East.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Apr 17, 2014, 4:00 PM
Go Chiefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Stamkos is Stamkos though. Too bad Yzerman and St. Louis burned those bridges because with a healthy goalie and those two, they could have scared most teams in the East.
True, but a shot from that angle should NEVER go in no matter who it is.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2014, 4:22 PM
arf

Lol. If I had remembered the goalie issue for Tampa Bay I probably would have picked Montreal, although last night was atrocious for Montreal like you said.

Nice to see Briere assist on the winner. I've always liked him as a player even if he didn't seem to bring it every night this year.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Apr 17, 2014, 5:11 PM
Editor

I thought Columbus might steal one last night but it wasn't to be.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2014, 6:46 PM

Quote:
The cameras caught Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin's reaction to fourth-liner Dale Weise's thrilling overtime goal Wednesday night, which gave the Habs a road win in the first game of their series against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

And it was a beauty - destined to be re-Tweeted and Facebooked and forwarded around the planet to the great delight of the members of Habs Nation.

The trick will be to come up with the appropriate name for it.
The Bell Centre Boogie?
The Habs Hippie Shake?
The Pointe St-Charles Pogo?

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/eh...034801425.html

Old Posted Apr 17, 2014, 9:54 PM
arf

The Marcarena!

Old Posted Apr 18, 2014, 7:11 PM
Go Chiefs!

Old Posted Apr 18, 2014, 7:33 PM
Go Chiefs!

BTW-There is nothing better than watching playoffs overtime hockey when your team is not involved in it.

Go Wings tonight!!! There are realistically 2 teams who can beat the Boston Bruins, Detroit and Montreal.

Against the 5 other eastern playoffs teams (Pittsburgh, Columbus, Rangers, Philadelphia and Tampa): Boston is 15-1... outscoring them 58-29.

Against Detroit and Montreal though, Boston is 2-5-1, being outscored 22-16.
Boston only has 4 3+ goals losses this season and 2 of them has come up vs Detroit (1) and Montreal (1).
Detroit beat them 6-1, their biggest loss of the season while Montreal was the only team to do it at the TD Garden.

Boston is 18-4-6 against the West so I don't think there is much hope there.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2014, 9:39 PM

Those game last night were unreal. St Louis vs. Chicago in triple OT. The save on the empty net goal in OT during the Avs/Minnesota game and the subsequent game winner. Mackinnon is the real deal for sure.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2014, 1:26 AM

Old Posted Apr 19, 2014, 3:14 AM

Bruins and Wings looks like it will go the distance.

Habs for the sweep? Too bad Price couldn't keep the shutout.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2014, 5:27 AM
Go Chiefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Sauga View Post
Bruins and Wings looks like it will go the distance.

Habs for the sweep? Too bad Price couldn't keep the shutout.
That was a brutal call. The ref cost Price a shutout. But he got the win so it's all that matters.

Really happy with the way we played. Price was back to his usual form, Subban and Pacioretty were also a lot better.

We can add Rene Bourque in the category of playoff performers. He was invisible/horrible in the regular season but somehow manages to turn into a beast in the post-season. He was our best forward last year vs Ottawa as well.

Video Link

Old Posted Apr 19, 2014, 2:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Lol. If I had remembered the goalie issue for Tampa Bay I probably would have picked Montreal, although last night was atrocious for Montreal like you said.
Once upon a time there was another team that went into the playoffs with some 3rd string goalie who had played all of six regular season games and that team did pretty well, but I think the goalies name was Dryden not Lindback!

PS nice to see Rene get his game going, he can play awesome for a few games, but then he disappears again.

‘I believe in science’ is a statement generally made by people who don’t understand much about it. - Judith Curry, Professor Emeritus GIT

Old Posted Apr 20, 2014, 6:59 AM
Go Chiefs!

Damn, MacKinnon.

BTW-I almost died laughing watching that clown Cherry cry on national television how playing the Wings isn't fair for the Bruins because they don't retaliate.
He then starts talking about Keith's "stick" work today while completely ignoring Lucic's spear.
I cannot wait to see his little old face when the Bruins get eliminated.

EDIT:He even wore a special tie for Jon Cooper without even mentioning the Habs. Good job CBC... keep up the good work and job cuts.

Last edited by Nicko999; Apr 20, 2014 at 7:09 AM.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2014, 11:45 AM

What does CBC care? Cherry will be employed by Rogers next year and they obviously want him to continue doing what he does or they wouldn't have brought him over. It's gonna be more of the same next year for hockey fans if not worse. Rogers doesn't have to worry about the whole, for example... "we all pay taxes why is CBC so biased towards Toronto!". It's only about the money now.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada