HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation

Old Posted Nov 27, 2020, 8:55 PM

I just hope that the maps that OC posts at the stations are clear. I have been to enough different cities with mass transit that line numbers can be confusing.

If I am going from Pimisi to Rideau... I can take either train. Not just 1 or 3. But 1 and 3.

I can see how line numbers can be confusing for people who don't leave the Lincoln Split.

Also - will all trains go to Trim?

Hopefully they leave something open for 1 to go from Algonquin to Blair, and 3 from Moodie to Trim. Seems like Trim will have lots of service especially in the evenings.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2020, 9:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainView View Post
I just hope that the maps that OC posts at the stations are clear. I have been to enough different cities with mass transit that line numbers can be confusing.

If I am going from Pimisi to Rideau... I can take either train. Not just 1 or 3. But 1 and 3.

I can see how line numbers can be confusing for people who don't leave the Lincoln Split.

Also - will all trains go to Trim?

Hopefully they leave something open for 1 to go from Algonquin to Blair, and 3 from Moodie to Trim. Seems like Trim will have lots of service especially in the evenings.
At this time, it seems all eastbound trains head all the way to Trim.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2020, 9:40 PM

I agree that it's crucial for OCT to invest in its maps and information displays once Stage 2 is complete to avoid causing confusion.

I also hope the signs at station entrances displaying the station name will be replaced to reflect the fact that multiple lines will serve those stations (e.g. at Rideau, signs will need to be updated to display Lines 1 and 3). Seems like a no-brainer, but you never know...

Old Posted Nov 28, 2020, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brannwagon View Post
I agree that it's crucial for OCT to invest in its maps and information displays once Stage 2 is complete to avoid causing confusion.

I also hope the signs at station entrances displaying the station name will be replaced to reflect the fact that multiple lines will serve those stations (e.g. at Rideau, signs will need to be updated to display Lines 1 and 3). Seems like a no-brainer, but you never know...
I don't doubt that they will. The swapped the info signs in all stations to reflect that Line 2 is closed, I don't think they'll this slip.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation