HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Toronto

Old Posted Dec 20, 2011, 1:57 PM
Super Moderator / Sr. Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrane74 View Post
Hey this rail link is the first step. My favorite saying is "Rome wasn't built in a day" - basically city building is a fluid process and any chance we have to make some progress in some areas should be applauded. I'm not saying we shouldnt strive for more or reach for the sky, but the nature of Toronto and Ontario for that matter is to be reserved and pragmatic.

Looks like people in Mississauga are pissed because there will be no connection between their downtown and the airport. Apparently they were hoping to kick start redevelopment in the core with direct service to Pearson. Lol!

http://www.thestar.com/iphone/news/m...port-link?bn=1
oh boo-hoo. How many tourist or international business travellers end up in Mississauga for more than the time they technically spend at the airport?

Why don't they just hurry up and build their own LRT first to serve their own residents before whining for infrastructure that will rarely be used.

Flickr®

Old Posted Dec 20, 2011, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewjm3D View Post
While I agree the airport isn't going anywhere I need to question you on your sources of a runway expansion and the reintroduction of lager jets. There is no way in hell larger jets will be allowed to use the airport due to noise regulations. Not gonna happen. Your sources are dead wrong on that one.
I can tell you those sources are not dead wrong as i was present during a discussion with city councilors and TPA authorities.
I can also confirm that the money is there to move ahead. However, this is not something that will happen in the next decade but it is a possibility for a 10-25 year plan.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2011, 8:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrane74 View Post
Looks like people in Mississauga are pissed because there will be no connection between their downtown and the airport. Apparently they were hoping to kick start redevelopment in the core with direct service to Pearson. Lol!

http://www.thestar.com/iphone/news/m...port-link?bn=1
Now I'm confused. They planned for a BRT route between Square One and Malton via Pearson Airport (which now exists as Route 107), and now they're quickly wanting rail transit?

Only two corridors, Hurontario (Port Credit - Brampton) and Dundas (Kipling - UTM) deserve to switch to trains first before any other corridor will.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2011, 8:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by telyou View Post
I can tell you those sources are not dead wrong as i was present during a discussion with city councilors and TPA authorities.
I can also confirm that the money is there to move ahead. However, this is not something that will happen in the next decade but it is a possibility for a 10-25 year plan.

Well why didn't you just say you heard it at a meeting with councilors? Anyway it will never go ahead as there are just way too many people living along the waterfront now to allow it to happen. The noise created by jets is much greater then those of the prop planes being used now.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Toronto