HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Apr 26, 2022, 5:01 PM
Space Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
It's great to see growth in SLC, but this building is pretty lame.
It's much, much better than the empty lot that is there currently. This side of SLC's downtown desperately needs help.

The site is the empty lot in the bottom-center in this photo

I think this is quality infill!

If a mod sees this: can we get the height in the thread title updated to 313 FT and 28 FLOORS?

Old Posted Aug 25, 2022, 2:33 PM
Space Magi

380 S West Temple, which is a 10-story hotel, was given unanimous approval for a height increase by the PC at the meeting last night. The taller tower (390 S West Temple) is confirmed at 28 stories (not 25) and it seems to me that the design has been value-engineered a bit over the last two years since we first saw it. The parking podium, which provides parking for both the hotel and apartments, is really obvious and ugly imo. Otherwise, this will be a great addition to the skyline and a nice mixed-use project in the most barren part of downtown. The hotel has a ground floor restaurant and a rooftop bar. I think the apartment tower also has a commercial space.

They did show a new piece of unreleased eye candy at the meeting (screen capture):

I noticed that the developer also updated their website and the project has a new name: "Soren". Another new rendering there:

Digging through the website, I found a newer version of the "context" rendering.

Reiterating what I posted a few months ago, the height of the taller tower is likely 313 ft not 278 ft as in the thread title.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals