HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Aug 19, 2016, 8:46 PM

The Par-T-Perfect Indoor Playground opened in Riverview today.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2016, 5:06 PM

Is this town asleep or drunk? I leave for 9 months and come home to nothing new. What do the economic development people do here all day? Where's the council in promoting new businesses to come here? Obviously nothing. Dieppe is running circles around both Moncton and Riverview. wow.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2016, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future_Man View Post
Is this town asleep or drunk? I leave for 9 months and come home to nothing new. What do the economic development people do here all day? Where's the council in promoting new businesses to come here? Obviously nothing. Dieppe is running circles around both Moncton and Riverview. wow.
Riverview seems to be a last location for business As for Dieppe running circles where all the structures are being built it's in there downtown core Mostly. Moncton is not doing much building downtown except Around the Vaughan Harvey, and Main Street area, and the rest is spread out between the East end by the Uni, and the North end (Mountain Road). The rest is all housing.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2016, 1:02 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Well, I'd say that Moncton is more than holding it's own WRT Dieppe, bur there's no doubt that Riverview is currently in the doldrums.

Unfortunately Riverview has the reputation of being unfriendly and uncooperative to (commercial) developers. That's a hard reputation to shake, especially with the town council not even being able to decide on an issue like urban chickens without getting into huge NIMBY debates.

Riverview need to do better, especially when it has the liability of being on the "wrong" side of the river, and is the furthest community in the metropolitan area from major transportation infrastructure like the TCH, route 15 and the airport.

Given these liabilities one could argue that Riverview needs to be even more aggressive than Dieppe in pursing development. The economic commission has to play to the town's strengths and think outside the box. For example, Riverview is ill suited for industrial development and is also a poor fit for major retail (beyond neighbourhood retail and possibly Wal Mart). Riverview however does have potential on the tourism front. The town can legitimately claim that it will be the eastern gateway to the completed Fundy Coastal Drive. This might mean potential for hotel development, specialty retail, craft and souvenir stores and other tourist attractions.

If momentum could be established on this front, then other things might follow, including more substantial retail, for example a factory outlet village. If things take off, population growth might kick in and lead to other things down the road.

It really all depends on how the town wants to view itself. If the majority of the citizenry are comfortable with Riverview just being a bedroom community to Moncton/Dieppe, thats cool. There's nothing really wrong with that except that it keeps the tax base small and prevents the town from offering services that the residents might want to have.

It's really your call Riverview...........

Old Posted Aug 31, 2016, 11:16 AM
I have no Title

Quote:
as everyone here has stated, I don't think it is Riverview's plan to become some sort of business or industrial centre. The economy comes from their neighbouring cities Moncton and Riverview. Moncton is definitely holding its own with riverview with Mapleton area and other projects. Not sure that Riverview's goal is to be building SkyScrapers and huge industry. I mean, they have the population to be a city in NB but they still want to keep the town feel. I think this is good for them.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2016, 12:40 PM
Random Contributor

Construction is nearing completion on the Riverview High School extension which added additional classrooms and new vocational shops.

Looks like they are on time. Are they on budget?

Old Posted Aug 31, 2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogie75 View Post
as everyone here has stated, I don't think it is Riverview's plan to become some sort of business or industrial centre. The economy comes from their neighbouring cities Moncton and Riverview. Moncton is definitely holding its own with riverview with Mapleton area and other projects. Not sure that Riverview's goal is to be building SkyScrapers and huge industry. I mean, they have the population to be a city in NB but they still want to keep the town feel. I think this is good for them.
Just from my personal perspective, I think its great that a community like Riverview is part of this tri-community area. I know of people who have moved from Dieppe to Riverview just to get away from the growth and what Dieppe is becoming. That's not a bad thing for Dieppe or Riverview and keeps people in the area.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2016, 2:57 PM

New River Inspired Sculpture installed in Riverview. The Granite Sculpture was installed at the side of the Riverfront Trail in Riverview Monday morning. It's supposed to represent the Tidal Bore.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2016, 3:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
New River Inspired Sculpture installed in Riverview. The Granite Sculpture was installed at the side of the Riverfront Trail in Riverview Monday morning. It's supposed to represent the Tidal Bore.
So it's a statue of a guy sleeping?

Old Posted Sep 20, 2016, 7:53 PM

Where exactly on the trail is it... I'd like to go take a look.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2016, 11:23 PM
Random Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodiacCanuck View Post
Where exactly on the trail is it... I'd like to go take a look.
It's on the Riverfront Trail close to the Gunningsville Bridge and playground area.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2016, 5:59 PM
Random Contributor

It doesn't look like much from the road, hidden behind a bush.

You need to walk on the trail to get the effect of the sculpture and the accompanying pieces.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2016, 3:04 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

This sign has popped up in Findlay Park, near Canadian Tire.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2016, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
This sign has popped up in Findlay Park, near Canadian Tire.

They might wanna try and fill up the strip mall across the street first.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2016, 9:35 PM
Random Contributor

Boris Holdings is pre-leasing Building A in Dobson Landing with a planned start date of May 2017.

http://www.borisholdings.com/the-sho...-riverview-nb/

Old Posted Oct 25, 2016, 8:52 PM

There is signage going up in the strip mall at 540 Pinewood Rd. for a new Papa John's Pizza location. This is the same strip that currently houses Pita Pit and the Par-T-Perfect Indoor Playpark.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2016, 12:01 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodiacCanuck View Post
There is signage going up in the strip mall at 540 Pinewood Rd. for a new Papa John's Pizza location. This is the same strip that currently houses Pita Pit and the Par-T-Perfect Indoor Playpark.
Good addition to that plaza.

That'll be Papa John's #4 for greater Moncton.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2016, 10:14 PM

Kim's Diner has closed its doors. Too bad, I enjoyed the dinners but then they decided to open only for breakfast and lunch.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2016, 4:34 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Entrance to Mill Creek Park in Riverview:

From (Moncton) Mayor Dawn Arnold's Facebook page.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2016, 9:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micks5477 View Post
Kim's Diner has closed its doors. Too bad, I enjoyed the dinners but then they decided to open only for breakfast and lunch.

I was looking up on there Facebook page, and even the reviews on Google, and everyone seemed to share this sentiment for the most part. It has to do with the hours of operation, and most of there customers from what I've seen work 8-4, or 9-5, and seems to be angry that they chose to close at 3, or 3:30 leaving potential customers no time to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Entrance to Mill Creek Park in Riverview:

From (Moncton) Mayor Dawn Arnold's Facebook page.
I love this new entrance it's not much. But it's still a good way to point out the entrance, and will probably look more prominent when the planting are done. since it seems to be planting beds on either side of the Pergola.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces