HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 12, 2016, 12:12 PM

My mom lives in the first halls landing. They have been working on new site all summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmatt View Post
Don't know if it was mentioned before but there is a mini tower crane (similar to the one @ wingate Dieppe) set up now for Halls Landing phase 2 on Lewisville Rd.

This is a high quality development, glad to see them doing well

Old Posted Sep 12, 2016, 7:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmatt View Post
Don't know if it was mentioned before but there is a mini tower crane (similar to the one @ wingate Dieppe) set up now for Halls Landing phase 2 on Lewisville Rd.

I posted about it at least 2 weeks ago. But it sure is nice to finally see more happening there

Old Posted Sep 12, 2016, 8:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmatt

The foundations have been poured at least on the visible sides, and the crane is up. Now I wonder when there going to start building. I do hope they get it done in a timely manner. I don't know if anyone had heard when they built the other part of the building the weather was really against them specially because they where not all closed up before the rain, snow, and hail storms.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2016, 1:20 PM

$10M road project announced for Moncton
https://www.telegraphjournal.com/tel...241/?nopromo=1
Quote:
A 2.2-kilometre section of Elmwood Drive in Moncton will be widened to four lanes in a project jointly funded the provincial and federal governments

Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 12:40 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Good news (I guess), but the only thing driving this project is the new location for Moncton High School.

If MHS had been refurbished rather than replaced, then this road widening wouldn't really have been necessary.

Between the cost of the new building, the infrastructure work already done (Water, sewer, access roads) and now this $10M widening project, I'm sure that the relocation of MHS will end up costing the city and the province $45-50M.

We probably could have refurbished the old MHS twice over for that amount of coin, and continued to have a downtown high school (where it belongs) rather than a building within spitting distance of the Kent County line.

On top of it all, the future of MHS (the building) would have been secure and we wouldn't be having this debate right now about the future of the Moncton Public Library..........

Stupid, stupid, stupid.........

Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 12:17 PM

The new liquor stoe on Elmwood opens today.
https://www.telegraphjournal.com/tel...478/?nopromo=1
Quote:
Customers will notice a new look when they visit Moncton’s new NB Liquor outlet off Elmwood Drive, and coming soon are two new provincewide services – online ordering and home deliver

Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs33 View Post
The new liquor stoe on Elmwood opens today.
https://www.telegraphjournal.com/tel...478/?nopromo=1
I went in at lunch. I was very disappointed to see that there is no growler fill station. The new Mountain rd one will have one, though.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2016, 4:50 PM

Now that the parking lot curbs are done.. they are finally starting the first building footings at "mclaughlin place"... they are working on the forms for the building closest to mclaughlin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammn_guy View Post
I been wondering the same thing i drive through here every morning.. the same excavation company has been there all summer they seem to be pushing dirt everyday.. but they are working more back towards the stadium now. I am wondering if they are building out that small side street, and potentially even prepping for another apt building.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2016, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammn_guy View Post
Now that the parking lot curbs are done.. they are finally starting the first building footings at "mclaughlin place"... they are working on the forms for the building closest to mclaughlin.
Well finally some good news from construction in the area.
The building right on the corner is supposed to be the A&W if I'm not mistaken. So I'm wondering if they finally got a Franchisee?.?

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 4:43 PM

Not that corner unfortunately, its the corner towards the back...(towards tonys pastrys). against driveway/street is behind the development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
Well finally some good news from construction in the area.
The building right on the corner is supposed to be the A&W if I'm not mistaken. So I'm wondering if they finally got a Franchisee?.?

Old Posted Sep 25, 2016, 11:16 PM

McLaughlin Place

Old Posted Sep 25, 2016, 11:26 PM

U de M Resident

U de M Stadium

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 2:18 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post
McLaughlin Place

Nice photo Budyser.

Your photo is a near perfect replica of this original perspective rendering.

So, only one foundation has been put in so far. Presumably this is where the previously announced Pharmasave and Guacamole restaurant are going.

They have not started the foundation on either one of the two drive-thru fast food places in the foreground. We know that A&W is interested (from their sign looking for a franchisee. Given the lack of activity, can we assume that no one has come forward yet to volunteer as a franchisee?

Last edited by MonctonRad; Sep 26, 2016 at 2:35 AM.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 8:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Nice photo Budyser.

Your photo is a near perfect replica of this original perspective rendering.

So, only one foundation has been put in so far. Presumably this is where the previously announced Pharmasave and Guacamole restaurant are going.

They have not started the foundation on either one of the two drive-thru fast food places in the foreground. We know that A&W is interested (from their sign looking for a franchisee. Given the lack of activity, can we assume that no one has come forward yet to volunteer as a franchisee?
I've heard they have had people but they din't qualify to be a franchisee for one reason, or another but not sure if that is true. I've also heard a current greater Moncton Franchisee might be stepping forward.

Also like to say there is still no news on what the second location will be. But found out from a friend might be second cup, or the subway shop at the Needs might have to move into it seems that needs location might actually be on the chopping block before the end of the year. since no gas pumps.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2016, 3:06 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The foundation for the Dollarama is now complete, and there is structural steel on site.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2016, 2:56 PM

They were pouring the foundation for the "A&W" building this morning .. or it could be a subway.. or second cup .. or tim's for that matter. Coffee shop would do well here.. lots of commuter traffic coming in mclaughlin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
I've heard they have had people but they din't qualify to be a franchisee for one reason, or another but not sure if that is true. I've also heard a current greater Moncton Franchisee might be stepping forward.

Also like to say there is still no news on what the second location will be. But found out from a friend might be second cup, or the subway shop at the Needs might have to move into it seems that needs location might actually be on the chopping block before the end of the year. since no gas pumps.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2016, 3:21 PM

At least the Mini-Mall behind StarBucks on Elmwood is finally starting to fill up. United Performance is taking up at least a couple spots and Jacks (currently next to Pizza Twins up the road) has put up a sign next to Freddie's.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2016, 9:31 PM
I have no Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
At least the Mini-Mall behind StarBucks on Elmwood is finally starting to fill up. United Performance is taking up at least a couple spots and Jacks (currently next to Pizza Twins up the road) has put up a sign next to Freddie's.
Interesting, I noticed that pizza twins is moving to a new property on morton ave not far from McDonalds behind the church. I wonder if they have plans for that property. Anyone hear anything?

Old Posted Oct 4, 2016, 9:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogie75 View Post
Interesting, I noticed that pizza twins is moving to a new property on morton ave not far from McDonalds behind the church. I wonder if they have plans for that property. Anyone hear anything?
I had heard rumors about these 2 moves several months ago. I also heard that the land behind the current Pizza Twins location would be going for sale. Now there are 4 For Sale signs behind the building facing Masters Road. So I guess all of that has come true. What they are planning, I'm not sure. I'll have to ask the same source if she's heard anything else.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2016, 9:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
I had heard rumors about these 2 moves several months ago. I also heard that the land behind the current Pizza Twins location would be going for sale. Now there are 4 For Sale signs behind the building facing Masters Road. So I guess all of that has come true. What they are planning, I'm not sure. I'll have to ask the same source if she's heard anything else.
There used to be 4 homes on those back lots, and those had been demolished for a while, and I do believe there looking at a new strip to match up with all the new fronts in the area it's starting to really look out of place the way it stands.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces