HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Dec 17, 2016, 8:14 PM

I love Vancouver. I have been itching to go back soon. Love the Capilano Suspension Bridge shot. Great thread. Thanks for the tour!

Old Posted Dec 17, 2016, 8:37 PM

Like the song selection. Nice thread.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2016, 9:56 PM
Person

Thank you for the pictures of Vancouver. I'm intrigued by what appears to be a trolley bus right of way in one of the pictures, running through an alley. Is that what that is?

Old Posted Dec 18, 2016, 2:22 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite View Post
I am guessing Calgary and Edmonton has it beat per capital as well.
You're kidding right?

I hope so because Edmonton and Calgary combined don't even come close to the # of high-rises in Vancouver, Toronto handily beats Vancouver though. isaidso is right, Vancouver's high-rises are focused on the downtown peninsula so it appears more impressive than Toronto where the buildings are more spread out.

Last edited by Phil McAvity; Dec 18, 2016 at 2:38 AM.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2016, 3:29 AM
Aimless Wanderer

Hi-rises built and U/C 35 metres (12 storeys) and above in downtown Vancouver and Toronto. Downtown Toronto was a little too big to fit in the frame at this scale, so some buildings in Yorkville and along the lakefront got cut off. Of course if I adjusted the height cut-off to 100 or especially 150 metres, the numbers would be by far in Toronto's favour.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2016, 3:33 AM
The New Republic

Come on fellas. Don't hijack this nice thread.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2016, 5:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
That's Capilano Suspension Bridge in North Vancouver. A popular tourist attraction and worth a visit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McAvity View Post
No it isn't
The name of the attraction is Capilano Suspension Bridge and this walkway next to the suspension bridge itseld is called Cliff Walk.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2016, 2:38 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

yes vancouver is indeed rainy, but did you know seattle is not? it ranks as only the 44th rainiest big city. when i lived in columbus i used to tease my sis-in-law in seattle that we got more rain every time she complained about seattle rain. i think seattlites just used that raininess rep to keep people from moving there. ha. columbus is still like 5 inches a year below vancouver per year though, 39 vs 44, which is a heck of a lot of rain.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2016, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
yes vancouver is indeed rainy, but did you know seattle is not? it ranks as only the 44th rainiest big city. when i lived in columbus i used to tease my sis-in-law in seattle that we got more rain every time she complained about seattle rain. i think seattlites just used that raininess rep to keep people from moving there. ha. columbus is still like 5 inches a year below vancouver per year though, 39 vs 44, which is a heck of a lot of rain.
And Victoria is even drier than Seattle, only receiving 608mm (23.9 inches) a year in the city proper.

This being said, all 3 cities have major variations in precipitation over short distances. Therefore many parts of the Seattle and Victoria areas receive much more precipitation than shown, and several areas of metro Vancouver receive considerably less precipitation than shown at the airport (especially the White Rock and South Surrey area). The PNW has major differences in rain, snow, and even temperature over very short distances due to the ocean, inlets, mountains, etc...

Old Posted Dec 21, 2016, 1:12 AM
BANNED

^I think both cities are overcast a lot but don't get as much actual rain as many people think but that info about Columbus sure surprised me, I had no idea you bastards are that soggy. I'm sure it's the same in Cleveland and Cincy too huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
The name of the attraction is Capilano Suspension Bridge and this walkway next to the suspension bridge itseld is called Cliff Walk.
That must be a fairly recent thing because i've been to the bridge a couple of times over the years and never seen this.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2016, 1:21 AM
Gatinois et fier

nice photos.

GATINEAU-OTTAWA=1 485 000
gatinopolis.miniville.fr
gatinopolis.miniville.fr/ind

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos