HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Oct 8, 2019, 9:29 PM

This is already almost as tall as the Millennium Rainey and it still has a few more levels of parking garage left to go.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 1:37 AM
looking at plans...

In that last pic, you can just make out the two leaning columns in the garage (right-hand side of pic). There are a few more in the upper Office levels.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 12:18 AM

From Endeavor’s retail listing for The Quincy:

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 3:30 AM

Huh, that render and the picture from the post above it are taken from a very similar angle. Interesting comparison.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 3:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmack View Post
In that last pic, you can just make out the two leaning columns in the garage (right-hand side of pic). There are a few more in the upper Office levels.
Leaning columns seem to be utilized more and more often on high rises around town these days. I hope they continue to push the envelope with their creativity to make these buildings work

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 5:14 AM

Here's a new rendering. Check out that high-rise cluster off of Riverside (or Eightfold?). And that lake across the river.

https://www.endeavor-re.com/properties/the-quincy/

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 1:32 PM

Can we just tear Millennium down already and start over?

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 2:40 PM

Look at the other side of the river in that rendering above. They used the Seattle area as the background. The Bellevue skyline can be seen on the left.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 3:01 PM

Lots of these renderings are outsourced by architecture firms or developers to companies in other countries (china, etc) so wouldn't be surprised if the artist who did this has absolutely no context of this project and just stuck in a stock photo background to make it look pretty.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 2:00 AM
looking at plans...

So much for the IHOP....

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 7:11 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanny View Post
Look at the other side of the river in that rendering above. They used the Seattle area as the background. The Bellevue skyline can be seen on the left.
I was thinking Seattle as well when I zoomed in to take a closer look. Even if we see some highrises over at Eightfold, it won't look that dense. Also while there are some low hills, not that hilly to east and those Spruce trees!

Old Posted Nov 11, 2019, 5:43 AM

They just started on the roof of the last parking level this weekend. the next floor will be the first office level.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2019, 3:34 PM

This thing is moving fast. Say what you want about Endeavor as a developer, but when they announce a building, it's pretty much always a sure thing, and it gets built without delays. One of the most efficient developers out there.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckos_Rule View Post
This thing is moving fast. Say what you want about Endeavor as a developer, but when they announce a building, it's pretty much always a sure thing, and it gets built without delays. One of the most efficient developers out there.
I bet they didn't get much done today. Man it was brutal.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2019, 10:51 PM

Webcam update

Old Posted Dec 4, 2019, 2:10 AM
Representing the ATX!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echostatic View Post
Webcam update
It's mind blowing to see as large as the Quincy's footprint is, the Millennium (or whatever it's called now) still has a bigger footprint. it's a shame that they didn't build up because if they had, the bungalow bars fronting Rainey would still be there just like the ones across the street.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2019, 3:06 AM

I definately like the exterior color choice, especially after looking how dark Van Zandt looks in that picture. The Quincy may reflect some light on it and brighten it up some. Just a quick mention regarding the Millenium... as I gaze upon it now, and realizing that my tastes have changed during the years since it was introduced, proposed, planned, then constructed, and how harse my criticism of it was back then along with a few other projects, I want to say that it has grown on me to the point where I think it will compliment the Quincy as it does the Rainey area in general, that its value add to the city has proven itself over the years, and architecturally, though understated, it is like a slightly wilted rose, still quite lovely despite its imperfections, perhaps even more so. I want to...but the reality is, I still hate it as much today as I did when it was just released from the minds of the generic masterminds who designed and developed it in a prime piece of property that either should have been left alone or reserved for a tower of significant design and height. Oh these constantly cloned generic monoliths look ok along Burnet Rd, South Congress, The Domain, LaFrontera, Mueller, and South Lamar, but it looks out of place here. The potential of two awesome towers being built there were extinguished forever and thrown into the pit of bad decisions and despair because of this structure. At least the Quincy will cover some of it up from the western view, and create a decent back drop from the eastern view.
The previous rant was brought on by virtue of the last picture when I realized the missed opportunity of a nice highrise cluster there.

Last edited by the Genral; Dec 4, 2019 at 4:55 AM.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2019, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
I definately like the exterior color choice, especially after looking how dark Van Zandt looks in that picture. The Quincy may reflect some light on it and brighten it up some. Just a quick mention regarding the Millenium... as I gaze upon it now, and realizing that my tastes have changed during the years since it was introduced, proposed, planned, then constructed, and how harse my criticism of it was back then along with a few other projects, I want to say that it has grown on me to the point where I think it will compliment the Quincy as it does the Rainey area in general, that its value add to the city has proven itself over the years, and architecturally, though understated, it is like a slightly wilted rose, still quite lovely despite its imperfections, perhaps even more so. I want to...but the reality is, I still hate it as much today as I did when it was just released from the minds of the generic masterminds who designed and developed it in a prime piece of property that either should have been left alone or reserved for a tower of significant design and height. Oh these constantly cloned generic monoliths look ok along Burnet Rd, South Congress, The Domain, LaFrontera, Mueller, and South Lamar, but it looks out of place here. The potential of two awesome towers being built there were extinguished forever and thrown into the pit of bad decisions and despair because of this structure. At least the Quincy will cover some of it up from the western view, and create a decent back drop from the eastern view.
The previous rant was brought on by virtue of the last picture when I realized the missed opportunity of a nice highrise cluster there.
I'm confused....you're saying the Millennium has grown on you and yet belongs with the other forgettable buildings on Burnet and S Lamar, and a big tower could have been built there instead?

I definitely agree with your latter points but not sure how that fits with your third sentence...

Old Posted Dec 4, 2019, 4:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaven View Post
I'm confused....you're saying the Millennium has grown on you and yet belongs with the other forgettable buildings on Burnet and S Lamar, and a big tower could have been built there instead?

I definitely agree with your latter points but not sure how that fits with your third sentence...
You have to re-read it. Middle of the fourth sentence. I was basically saying that I WANT to be positive about it, but later said I can't. I was being sarcastic. The latter is how I really feel. I quess I need to brush up on my posting skills.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2019, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
You have to re-read it. Middle of the fourth sentence.
OHHH. Somehow I skipped a line lol

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin