HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 6, 2016, 4:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by factis View Post
Any new upgrades coming to the MTS centre this summer?
all seats cushions replaced and covers are being changed to blue. bunch of new tv's throughout the concourse, True seamless glass to fix the loge obstructions and the arm rests are being raised to match the seats in the 300s and New retractable decking in the lower bowl

Old Posted Apr 10, 2016, 6:48 PM

Another season in the books, 35-39-8.

Is it fair to say that this was the most boring one yet? I don't know how the people in Edmonton put up with this kind of thing year after year after year.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2016, 7:04 PM

It was rather boring in terms of on ice play. The Ladd and buff stories, young guns or lack of, draft lottery kept it interesting for me.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2016, 7:25 PM

I watched right to the end and have to say I think the future looks bright. The 27-55-26 line was dominant down the stretch. The 19-9-40 all rookie line was very good as well. Lots of competition in camp next year. Lets see where we end up drafting and if any moves are made in the off season.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2016, 9:52 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepomanYWG View Post
I watched right to the end and have to say I think the future looks bright. The 27-55-26 line was dominant down the stretch. The 19-9-40 all rookie line was very good as well. Lots of competition in camp next year. Lets see where we end up drafting and if any moves are made in the off season.
I agree. It was actually good they sucked as it gave so many of the prospects a chance to shine. We got rid of a decaying Andrew Ladd and secured Big Buff. Now we just need to remove the last boat anchor. Mr Andre Spazloc

Old Posted Apr 11, 2016, 3:13 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepomanYWG View Post
The "Schwheehlers" Line is what I'd call it.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted May 2, 2016, 2:17 PM

So I guess we'll be watching Patrik Laine at the Bell MTS Centre?

Old Posted May 2, 2016, 2:25 PM

Haha looks like it.

Old Posted May 2, 2016, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by factis View Post
So I guess we'll be watching Patrik Laine at the Bell MTS Centre?
Could be, although Laine could still go #1 ? or the Leafs (Sorry , I used the L word in the Jets thread), may pick Laine instead, either way, I prefer him overall, Auston Matthews is an ok consolation prize..

Old Posted Jun 10, 2016, 7:23 PM

I'm not sure if this was posted before, but here are the seat prices for the Heritage Classic. (The price is for 2 games, the alumni game and then the actual Jets/Oilers game.)

As someone who has watched football from multiple vantage points throughout IGF, all I can say is that anyone sitting in the lower parts of the end zone might as well bring a good book to read because they won't be seeing much hockey.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2016, 7:29 PM

Kind of surprising the ticket prices are like that. But i guess there is no view of the ice from that far down. Is that from Ticketmaster? I didn't think they had officially announced this yet, but will admit I haven't been playing close attention.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2016, 7:38 PM

^ It's from the Jets website. The views from anything but the last 6 or 7 rows of the endzone will be terrible. I'm a little surprised they didn't bring in temp seating because unlike for football where the endzone temp seats at IGF have some of the crappier views, temp seats for hockey would actually offer a relatively decent view of the ice. At those prices you'd think it would be worth it.

I have to admit, if I snag a pair in the presale they're going straight to Stubhub... I'll be watching this on TV.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2016, 7:44 PM

Yeah I see it posted now.

I'm interested in going to the alumni game just for a bit of a fun. Seeing Gretzky and the rest. Typically these games suck due to poor playing conidtions.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2016, 8:10 PM
Armchair urbanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ It's from the Jets website. The views from anything but the last 6 or 7 rows of the endzone will be terrible. I'm a little surprised they didn't bring in temp seating because unlike for football where the endzone temp seats at IGF have some of the crappier views, temp seats for hockey would actually offer a relatively decent view of the ice. At those prices you'd think it would be worth it.

I have to admit, if I snag a pair in the presale they're going straight to Stubhub... I'll be watching this on TV.
jk, I'll look out for that, my family and I are going to try get more than the limit we have.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2016, 8:35 PM

I'm a season seat holder so can keep it posted here if we have seats for sale. I'll venture a guess there will be many for sale to the public. I'd be surprised if they sold quickly simply due to the price.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2016, 8:45 PM

^ The price is just nuts in my view. Why an ordinary regular season game in a sub-par setting with lousy views should command such a premium is a mystery... but I won't complain, I'll just try to profit from it

Old Posted Jun 10, 2016, 9:36 PM
Armchair urbanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
I'm a season seat holder so can keep it posted here if we have seats for sale. I'll venture a guess there will be many for sale to the public. I'd be surprised if they sold quickly simply due to the price.
Same here, but we share so I'm betting we'll have more interest than seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ The price is just nuts in my view. Why an ordinary regular season game in a sub-par setting with lousy views should command such a premium is a mystery... but I won't complain, I'll just try to profit from it
You're starting to convince me But my dad won't have any of it, he wants to go for sure.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2016, 10:34 PM

heritage classic won't even be anything special since it's in october.

if it was in december and during a blizzard it might be memorable but in october its just another game with bad views and no roof

Old Posted Jun 11, 2016, 2:45 AM
Armchair urbanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmobile View Post
heritage classic won't even be anything special since it's in october.

if it was in december and during a blizzard it might be memorable but in october its just another game with bad views and no roof
Yup, ok Bahd

Old Posted Jul 1, 2016, 9:19 PM
There is always a way

Jets with a few depth signings today. I have to say I did not expect then to be that active. Actually I expected nothing haha

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan