HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 4:26 PM

H Street, NE

Karim Rashid Designs Striking Residential Building East of H Street

November 26, 2019
By Nena Perry-Brown
Urban Turf

Image courtesy of Urban Turf.

"Urbanico Realty Group is expanding its presence around the Bladensburg Road corridor with a striking new development designed by industrial designer Karim Rashid.

The 37-unit apartment building is planned to replace the tire shop at 1200 Bladensburg Road NE. The unit mix will span from studios to two bedrooms, and a local coffee shop or restaurant is the likely ground floor tenant. Five of the units will be affordable to households earning up to 80 percent of median family income (MFI), while another one bedroom will be affordable to a household earning up to 50 percent MFI..."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...19&omhide=true

Old Posted Nov 27, 2019, 4:13 PM

Capitol Riverfront/Navy Yard

I took this photo on Saturday of the Two Mountain North/One Hill South Phase II residential development. This is located at South Capitol Street, SE and I Street.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2019, 3:21 PM

Here is a photo I took yesterday of the Thompson hotel and Estate residential development, which will include 270 apartments.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2019, 11:56 PM
Selfie-stick vendor

Based on a recent visit 14th street has a single remaining parking lot south of u. The entire stretch from around w to p street has been filled in with not a single under utilized or fallow structure. I think we can declare the revitalization of this street to be complete

Old Posted Dec 2, 2019, 7:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_denizen View Post
Based on a recent visit 14th street has a single remaining parking lot south of u. The entire stretch from around w to p street has been filled in with not a single under utilized or fallow structure. I think we can declare the revitalization of this street to be complete
I can't think of a single surface parking lot that's left in downtown DC.

Edit - okay the one next to City Center, but that's slated for a building soon.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2019, 3:59 PM

Quote:
U Street, while undoubtedly vibrant, has a few potential properties remaining for infill development. These include the police substation, the gas station at the corner of 15th and U Street, and the self-storage building on U Street.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2019, 7:29 PM

Union Market

I took these photos last weekend of a development at 4th and Florida Ave, NE, near Union Market.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 6:24 PM

East of the River Food Hall, With Grocery Component, to Break Ground Next Week

East of the River Food Hall, With Grocery Component, to Break Ground Next Week

December 5, 2019
By Nena Perry-Brown
Urban Turf

"Benning Market, the first multi-vendor market east of the Anacostia River, will move forward this month. Neighborhood Development Company plans to break ground on the Union Market-style project next Tuesday; the market is expected to be ready for tenant move-ins in fall of 2020.

Located at 3451 Benning Road NE in River Terrace, Benning Market will span roughly 14,000 square feet across two levels. It will include a community grocery store, one of several efforts this year to address food access inequities in Wards 7 and 8..."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...ext-week/16217

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 11:33 PM

Quote:
I assume that parking lot you're referring to is at 14th & S? Isn't that lot supposed to be converted into a Dacha beer garden? There was a lot of push back from neighbors on S Street which lead to the city reducing the allowed capacity from what Dacha wanted... but I hadn't heard whether that reduced capacity deterred Dacha's owners from pursuing the development any further.

And there's still the incredibly ugly townhouse development across the street with the surface parking interspersed among the properties. I'd love to see that bite the dust (though preferably preserving space in any new development for current owners to move back to that location). Also just off 14th St on S (to the north of these townhouses) is a city-owned(?) property with a large surface parking lot for shuttles. Hasn't there been discussions of redeveloping this lot?

I think there's a redevelopment planned for the 1 story structure on the SE corner of 14th & P NW, yes? I believe it used to be an Ethiopian restaurant but it closed in the last year or two. Not sure if the redevelopment will also include the Yum's space adjacent to this property. I assume Da Hong Pao won't be going anywhere as I think I recall reading the owner of that restaurant actually owns the building?

Old Posted Dec 12, 2019, 6:43 PM

Anacostia

Reconfiguring Residential and Adding a Medical Building: The New Plans at Skyland Town Center

December 12, 2019
By Nena Perry-Brown
Urban Turf

"The developers of Skyland Town Center are presenting a new vision for the remainder of the project.

While the first phase is expected to deliver 263 apartments and 84,500 square feet of retail by the end of 2020, Skyland Holdings has applied for a modification of consequence for the 18.7-acre planned unit development (PUD) slated for the intersection of Naylor and Good Hope Roads with Alabama Avenue SE..."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...n-center/16251

Old Posted Dec 19, 2019, 2:16 PM

The Walter Reed development is moving forward, some pics I took of the progress:

Old Posted Jan 2, 2020, 2:49 PM

Chinatown

A 238-Room “Lifestyle Hotel” Proposed for Chinatown

January 2, 2020
By Nena Perry-Brown
Urban Turf

Proposed hotel, from 5th and H. (Image courtesy of Urban Turf)

"The Chinatown/Mount Vernon Triangle hotel scene continues to grow.

FILLAT+ Architecture is seeking Historic Preservation Office review of a concept to retrofit the six commercial rowhouses from 507-517 H Street NW into an 11-story, 238-room "lifestyle hotel". The Washington Business Journal reports that the developer is contract purchaser Acumen Cos..."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...hinatown/16285

Old Posted Jan 2, 2020, 6:25 PM

Southwest

I took this photo on Tuesday of a residential building under construction at 4th and G Street, SW. This is located next to I-395. This building will have 315 apartments.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2020, 6:47 PM

Hill East

I took a photo of this residential development about two weeks ago while walking to Mangialardo's (the G-man sub is the best sandwich in Washington). This building is located on PA Ave, SE, and I think 12th Street.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2020, 3:33 PM

Buzzard Point

During my run this morning, I took this photo of the hotel under construction at Half Street, SW, a couple of blocks north of Audi Field.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2020, 3:44 PM

Thanks for your updates, 202_Cyclist.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2020, 3:51 PM

Lower Barracks Row

I took this photo this morning of the addition being built next to the Sonder short-term apartment rental at 816 Potomac Ave, SE.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2020, 4:38 PM

DDOT headquarters

I took this photo yesterday of the new District Department of Transportation headquarters, on 2nd Place, SE and M St. This is located across the street from Canal Park and the US DOT headquarters.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2020, 6:05 PM

Union Market

Here are a couple of photos I took last Saturday from the MARC train of developments adjacent to the Amtrak and MARC tracks, near Union Market.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2020, 3:04 PM

We checked out the swank new rooftop bar at the Thompson Hotel, Anchovy Social, on Sunday afternoon. You could see the construction for the new Chemonics headquarters at 1275 New Jersey Ave, SE.

Image courtesy of JD Land.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations