HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jan 24, 2015, 1:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treesplease View Post
That's a great shot of the armoury. Every time I see that building I think how great the area would be if the new stadium had some red brick elements. Not criticizing the stadium design - I like it. I'm just reminded how good red brick looks.
Absolutely. Fantastic looking heritage building. I lived in Regina the first 23 years of my life and I'm not sure if I even knew it was there much less appreciate it. It will definitely receive more attention now with a new stadium on the way.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2015, 6:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottie View Post
Absolutely. Fantastic looking heritage building. I lived in Regina the first 23 years of my life and I'm not sure if I even knew it was there much less appreciate it. It will definitely receive more attention now with a new stadium on the way.
Here's a shot from the front:

Old Posted Jan 28, 2015, 8:29 PM
BANNED

Construction update coming tommorrow.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2015, 1:26 AM

Any idea when the second construction cam will be up? I assume the cell tower at 9th ave and McTavish would be a logical place to put it? If there ever is a second one?

Old Posted Jan 29, 2015, 8:08 PM
BANNED

Old Posted Jan 29, 2015, 8:58 PM

That looks pretty damn sweet!

I also see from this that there looks to be LARGE video screens on the NW and NE as well as the MASSIVE one at the south endzone! I always thought it was odd the one in the NE corner was missing.

Going to be a hell of an experience for Rider games!

Old Posted Jan 29, 2015, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
Where did you get this from and is there any more?

Old Posted Jan 29, 2015, 9:37 PM

Old Posted Feb 5, 2015, 1:17 AM

A couple of observations:

There are Club levels on both sides. Does this mean there is Club Seating on both sides, or is one of these possibly the "General Admission Lounge" they have been touting?

Most seats and the field will be be extremely well sheltered from NW and W winds.

The event level is in the sub-basement. Probably won't be having my wedding there.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2015, 3:45 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post

There are Club levels on both sides. Does this mean there is Club Seating on both sides, or is one of these possibly the "General Admission Lounge" they have been touting?

Most seats and the field will be be extremely well sheltered from NW and W winds.

The event level is in the sub-basement. Probably won't be having my wedding there.
That is a very good question. I do know for a fact that the "General Admission Lounge" is located on the west end & includes the balcony facing the park (as seen in rendering below). I will ask if the GAL includes an area facing the bowl.

(Credit newmosaicstadium.com)

Old Posted Feb 5, 2015, 4:23 AM

You can see the west balcony on the schematic directly beside the orange shaded lounge area. The other club area is shaded grey idicating that they may have a separate purpose.

Is that balcony for smoking?

Old Posted Feb 5, 2015, 4:54 AM

All I know is I can't wait to walk through the gates of the completed stadium and go WOW! Sit down and enjoy a Rider Game!

Old Posted Feb 5, 2015, 5:44 AM

Quote:

I was thrown by the label "event level" as well. That sub basement has the same floor elevation as the playing surface - is that what they mean by "event level". I'm guessing that basement is the dressing rooms.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2015, 6:49 AM
Hmm....

Quote:

Probably not too much different than a basement church hall or the Schumiacher (sp?) Room at the Conexus though.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2015, 5:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treesplease View Post
I was thrown by the label "event level" as well. That sub basement has the same floor elevation as the playing surface - is that what they mean by "event level". I'm guessing that basement is the dressing rooms.
"Event Level" will likely include all facilities required to run an event on the main stage (for this stadium, it means field level). Dressing Rooms, mechanical and technical rooms, probably security, etc. It's going to be pretty much what the first level of Taylor Field is now, excluding the store and lounges.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2015, 6:05 PM

I have yet to see any spots where semi's can access the field. Is this not necessary anymore? (thinking for concerts and such)

Old Posted Feb 6, 2015, 6:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike328 View Post
I have yet to see any spots where semi's can access the field. Is this not necessary anymore? (thinking for concerts and such)
Good point I haven't seen anything on the renderings either.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2015, 6:53 PM

Quote:

I hope the general lounge is like the one at the Sasktel Centre (Credit Union Centre) OR maybe it will be like Winnipeg's or Hamilton's end zone lounge thingy?

I also really hope they have a "Virtual Venue" up soon on the website!

Old Posted Feb 6, 2015, 9:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike328 View Post
It is absolutely necessary. This was an issue an IG Field. If you notice there is a large, odd looking, staggered cut out where vehicles access the field. This was overlooked at the initial stages and wasn't able to be remedied quite right. Had something to do with the structure under the stadium not allowing vehicles to turn quite right, IIRC. Or maybe it was placed incorrectly altogether. Trucks need access to go parallel to the sidelines I guess.

This link should work. Google Street View right at field level!

Old Posted Feb 6, 2015, 10:11 PM

Not to keep comparing with IG field. but it's a very similar layout, except for the obvious non continuous bowl. Which is great. New mosaic looks like a beauty!

But the event level is where all the stuff for the events happens. Locker rooms, training, etc. Again similar to IG field. Under one grandstand there is nothing really. under the other is where everything happens (event level)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan