HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 23, 2016, 5:32 PM

http://mcdonalds.wikia.com/wiki/McHotDog

Was pembina and grant one of the 11 locations to sell them?

the only thing i remember from Dhoom was the butter chicken pizza and a VERY long wait.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2016, 12:47 AM
BANNED

Old Posted Sep 24, 2016, 1:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban recluse View Post
The patio was the bigger issue. I would not want to live close to a business patio. We have/had this problem with the Best Western's smoking patio. When they had weekly hip hop parties the problem was really bad. Fights, a gun was pulled once, 6 on 1 beatings, and the party went on until 4am in the parking lot. The hip hop crowd is gone but the smoking crowd is still obnoxious people from out of town. I assume Pizza Gusto has a similar cliental.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2016, 9:44 PM

official word is

cactus club is opening at seasons of tuxedo

and milestones is opening at true north square

Old Posted Sep 24, 2016, 10:47 PM

Cactus club actually opening true north square official word

Old Posted Sep 24, 2016, 11:27 PM
BANNED

nice.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2016, 5:09 PM

Cactus Club is decent. I hate Milestones. I'm actually fairly surprised that True North (if true) would even entertain the idea of Milestones after what happened at Centrepoint.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2016, 8:53 PM

milestones will be restaurant at seasons of tuxedo

cactus club at true north square

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 6:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwayne View Post
official word is

cactus club is opening at seasons of tuxedo

and milestones is opening at true north square
Call me skeptical on Milestones "coming soon" announcements until their doors are open.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
Call me skeptical on Milestones "coming soon" announcements until their doors are open.
Cara is having a hell of a time finding franchisees for milestones. Hell they even have a few immediate harveys/swiss chalet franchises that they cant get rid of. I was almost an area developer franchisee for Harveys at one point. Backed out of it at the last minute and couldnt be happier.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 11:28 PM

Pizzeria Gusto is getting their approval. Devi Sharma is pretty much just pushing it through since even the city knows it's ridiculous. It's the same woman that fought the patio years ago. Arguing that parking is already a problem and will get worse...

a) It was a busy, big salon before. People to go to the salon alone, in a car generally. People tend to cab or car pool to a restaurant.

b) Shut up. You chose to live off commercial street, so put up with it.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2016, 3:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmuhar View Post
Cara is having a hell of a time finding franchisees for milestones. Hell they even have a few immediate harveys/swiss chalet franchises that they cant get rid of. I was almost an area developer franchisee for Harveys at one point. Backed out of it at the last minute and couldnt be happier.
I know that Shindico got rezoning a few years ago for a Swiss Chalet west of the St. Vital Home Depot and nothing ever happened with that location so I guess that is one that could not find a franchisee.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2016, 3:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertocarlos View Post
The patio was the bigger issue. I would not want to live close to a business patio. We have/had this problem with the Best Western's smoking patio. When they had weekly hip hop parties the problem was really bad. Fights, a gun was pulled once, 6 on 1 beatings, and the party went on until 4am in the parking lot. The hip hop crowd is gone but the smoking crowd is still obnoxious people from out of town. I assume Pizza Gusto has a similar cliental.
Yep. An average evening on the Pizzeria Gusto patio is a haze of cigarette smoke and a din of hip-hop, interrupted only by fistfights and gunfire.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2016, 3:49 PM

Part of the Cara brands problem locally is they have never really had a large enough footprint to gain market recognition. They also spend very little locally to market their brands. It wasn't surprising their Kelsey's banner quietly closed up three locations in Winnipeg and few people even noticed. It is actually somewhat surprising that Montana's does as well as it is but that could be as much about any real competition in that space as it does the brand really connecting with people.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2016, 3:53 PM
BANNED

I have never been satisfied when I visited any Kelsey's location. Yuck.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2016, 3:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwayne View Post
Cactus club actually opening true north square official word
That's good news! I don't care for some chains but really enjoyed Cactus Club in Kelowna.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2016, 2:07 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
Part of the Cara brands problem locally is they have never really had a large enough footprint to gain market recognition. They also spend very little locally to market their brands. It wasn't surprising their Kelsey's banner quietly closed up three locations in Winnipeg and few people even noticed. It is actually somewhat surprising that Montana's does as well as it is but that could be as much about any real competition in that space as it does the brand really connecting with people.
Montana's has cornered the local "good place to go out with kids for dinner" market. At least that seems to be the case among the people we know with young kids.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2016, 2:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
Montana's has cornered the local "good place to go out with kids for dinner" market. At least that seems to be the case among the people we know with young kids.
Ha, funny that you mention that. I'm definitely not a regular there but I have gone there with my wife and kids a couple of times... it's one of the rare restaurants where you actually feel somewhat comfortable bringing young kids.

For what it's worth, their corporate sibling Swiss Chalet is very good in that regard too, although there we run into the issue of my wife hating Swiss Chalet.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2016, 4:20 PM

Swiss Chalet is disgusting. I don't get why people in Ontario are obsessed with it. Also, I think making the joint Harvey's/Swiss Chalet here was a huge mistake. It was already going to be difficult enough to make inroads with SC in this market, and they essentially equated it to a fast food burger joint.

Really can't see the Corydon location lasting too long... there's never anyone in there.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2016, 5:07 PM

Recently stumbled across an old LGA application from 2015 for the old Ellice Foodie Goodie location for Garbazon's/Playmakers. Not sure what happened but gives a sense of what is likely to come there.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan