HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 6, 2018, 1:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observatory View Post
Timbad's right. The Chase Center is being built exclusively for NBA/college basketball and for optimum basketball sightlines. So the Sharks/NHL won't be making an appearance there.
I think the good people of San Jose would be shocked and very upset at any notion of the Sharks playing in San Francisco.

Also, of course, the city isn't building this facility. The Warriors owners are. So I doubt they'd want to share it.

But Chase Center will, I think, be also a civic asset for non-sports events like large-scale concerts--that's one way to recoup some of the cost. It's a sensitive subject because of the proximity to UC's Cancer and Women's Hospital which was used as an excuse to block construction--ambulances couldn't get through the area's traffic etc blah/blah--but given the small amount of parking and thus the small amount of cars arriving for events, I expect them.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development