HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation

Old Posted Apr 20, 2023, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multi-modal View Post
But why reinstall the transit priority signals if the bus lanes are continuous? I guess they could be useful if you could insert a quick (approx. 8-10 second) transit-specific phase into the signal cycle (for example, after the westbound left / eastbound left phase). That could cut-down transit delay.
I think its more of a: do you want people to take the bus?

Show that the bus is faster.

If there are 50+ people on a bus waiting for a light... imagine that being 50 cars.

Even if the time difference is negligible for bus users, I think having the bus being prioritized over other traffic, will illustrate that Ottawa is serious about gaining transit users back.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2023, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger1818 View Post
I have been saying this for years (though I do also see value in an extension to Fallowfield).
Fallowfield, sure. If we're building the VIA grade separation, better do a narrower rail bridge now. The rest of the Barrhaven BRT is already in place. I'd say the same for Eagleson, maybe even Terry Fox; might as well just to say the O-Train goes to Kanata.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation