HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Mar 16, 2015, 10:43 PM

Per Fran Weld, Director of Real Estate of San Francisco Giants/Mission Rock Development, "The Yard" has scheduled a "soft opening" this Thursday, 3/19, from 3-7PM. I saw a Peets Coffee and an Anchor Steam going in...

Old Posted Mar 21, 2015, 6:44 AM
heavy user of walkability

Uber

new design for Uber headquarters

Old Posted Mar 22, 2015, 11:43 PM

EQR Potrero

update on EQR Potrero... looking east down 16th (bonus shot of Kaiser, which from a distance isn't too bad):

and looking back the other way:

Old Posted Mar 23, 2015, 12:01 AM

from around MB proper...

they've been clearing parcel P24 recently - that's the southeastern-most parcel, down where Terry Francois meets Illinois. might just be connected to the sewer work they are (still) doing on P23, just to the north.

Mariposa park:

they've finally started realigning the crossing of Third after the widening of Mariposa. it's hard to see what's going on in this shot, but this is looking east across Third:

Family House site on Third:

second crane coming down at Arden. this is looking west up what will be Channel:

in other news, looks like the cops are starting their move into the public safety building - their sign is unveiled and a few were hanging out out front when I walked by. still some fencing up on the north and south sides of the building

Old Posted Mar 23, 2015, 1:17 AM

That public safety building has taken over 3 years to build; it's been under construction since I moved to SF in late 2011

Not sure why it took so long; it's a short and not that large of a building

Old Posted Mar 23, 2015, 5:00 PM

Nancy and Stephen Grand Family House construction, March 12, 2015

Good morning all,

We have posted a new video of the construction of the Nancy and Stephen Grand Family House, including interviews with the Nibbi Construction guys: https://youtu.be/CyQOvn8FoPA

There's some photos from the pour here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7470276&type=3

You can read about the whole project here: http://www.familyhouseinc.org/mission-bay.html

We're on target to open in March 2016. Can't wait to be in Mission Bay!

-Family House

Old Posted Mar 25, 2015, 7:21 PM
dazzle me

kilroy will break ground on "the exchange at 16th" in june, per a bisnow interview: https://www.bisnow.com/san-francisco...exchange-44107

that's the well-designed 650sqft of office on the triangle at 16th and 4th, this one:

Old Posted Mar 26, 2015, 2:34 PM

It's along new Owens, not Fourth, but glad to see it start going up. Will be interested to see the tenants...been some talk of major players grabbing that space. Interesting that neither of them are tech.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2015, 4:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a very long weekend View Post
kilroy will break ground on "the exchange at 16th" in june, per a bisnow interview: https://www.bisnow.com/san-francisco...exchange-44107

that's the well-designed 650sqft of office on the triangle at 16th and 4th, this one:
New video for "The Exchange":

https://vimeo.com/123093369

Old Posted Mar 31, 2015, 4:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
it looks like they're (finally) getting ready to break ground at 360 Berry St - putting finishing touches on fencing off the site today.

looking east, with bonus of some Rincon Hill construction in distance:

and back the other way in better light. in both pics you get a good sense of the proximity of the freeway off-ramp to this parcel

let's hope they've tweaked - no, completely started over on - the design of this

360 Berry has a name now - Eviva Mission Bay

"let's hope they've tweaked- no, completely started over on - the design of this" Maybe a little? Definitely not enough.

Quote:
Eviva Mission Bay, located at 360 Berry Street, will include 103 market-rate units and 26 units with rents capped at rates deemed affordable for moderate-income households. The project was a natural draw for East West Bank, which has funded over $1bn in approximately 100 affordable housing projects totaling over 15,000 individual units.
Source

Old Posted Apr 4, 2015, 6:56 AM

Channel

the main news from walkabouts in MB is that Channel in front of Arden has gotten its streetlights, so a good sign of progress there. here it was looking west yesterday morning:

similar angle this evening:

and looking back the other way:

next address over, here's a shot of the Channel-facing side of Azure as it comes together:

closer...

and closer-up and showing its neighbor, Mercy Housing:

and some general evening shots of the new towers on the south side of the creek:

Old Posted Apr 4, 2015, 7:19 AM

socketsite also had a blurb about the condos going up soon on parcel 1, near AT&T Park, along the creek

Quote:
The CIM Group is gearing up to break ground for the construction of 350 condos on Mission Bay Block 1, ... will include a 16-story building on the northwest corner of the block, a 7-story building fronting Mission Creek, around 14,000 square feet of retail space, and parking for 335 cars. ... bids for the first phase of construction are due May 1.

A 250-room hotel being developed by the SoMa Hotel Group will rise up to 160 feet on the southeast corner of Mission Bay Block 1, ...with construction slated to begin in the fourth quarter of 2015 ...

Old Posted Apr 4, 2015, 4:37 PM

Quote:
socketsite also had a blurb about the condos going up soon on parcel 1, near AT&T Park, along the creek

northwest?

Old Posted Apr 4, 2015, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
northwest?
haha, that threw me off too... the block is actually a triangle that only has 'corners' on the NE, SE, and SW points!

Old Posted Apr 4, 2015, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a very long weekend View Post
kilroy will break ground on "the exchange at 16th" in june, ...
it's unfortunate the most interesting piece of MB (so far) will be in just about its least-noticeable location! but yes, really like this (and small bonus that it erases views of the freeway from a number of angles down there).

Old Posted Apr 11, 2015, 4:45 AM

current view looking south from the Creek at Third:

the Rutter roof views:

Mariposa Park looking a little greener:

the end near the hospital:

the west end, what will be the corner with Owens:

Old Posted Apr 11, 2015, 6:33 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Unhappy

Timbad, it's sad that the views across the creek you just posted, along with the ones you posted on April 3rd, show such an uninspiring (at best) clump of architecture. The highrises are really ugly from the creek side too.

This is just my opinion, of course, and you know how much I appreciate your updates. I just wish you had something better to shoot! This has been a really missed opportunity, with a few exceptions.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2015, 6:43 PM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post
Timbad, it's sad that the views across the creek you just posted, along with the ones you posted on April 3rd, show such an uninspiring (at best) clump of architecture. The highrises are really ugly from the creek side too.

This is just my opinion, of course, and you know how much I appreciate your updates. I just wish you had something better to shoot! This has been a really missed opportunity, with a few exceptions.
I don't mind it. It actually looks quite nice. Nothing inspiring (as you mentioned), but they did a good job.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2015, 9:59 PM

Quote:
current view looking south from the Creek at Third:

for those who enjoy 'then and now' shots, I came across this pic from exactly 6 years ago (Apr 11 2009) from about the same spot:

Old Posted Apr 11, 2015, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post

on pure aesthetics (subjective), I agree that a better job could have been done, and that the view from the Creek would have been the best place to have concentrated that effort, if one had to choose. I'm not sure I would go quite as far as to say it was a complete missed opportunity. I guess my general feeling is that, in a neighborhood, or any area of a city, not everything has to be beautiful - as long as you can stay away from (again, subjective) downright ugly or jarring, with the occasional beautiful thrown in, I would consider that success. (the Azure tower does bump up against this rule, in my opinion, and is a drawback, but does not cause big-picture failure in my eyes.) I don't find much else in MB ugly, just mostly not exciting. (Kaiser was scary, but seems won't be as bad as it looked, and not in prominent location. Bayer/Nektar still annoys me.) edit: I do also have concerns about what is planned for block 1, in the foreground of the 'then and now' shots. from what I remember of renderings, these would indeed be sub-par and very prominent.

the other thing I would say is that, in a neighborhood, I look maybe even more at how the uses and layout work for the people who spend time there, whether residents or visitors. in this sense MB is still a work in progress, and I think we have to wait and see how that turns out once things settle down and start to become more complete. random quick thoughts:

- I'm a little concerned the neighborhood will lack places to hang out and gather that are somewhere between indoors and a park setting, like a plaza with food and seating - seems the Giants will take care of that on their lot, but we'll see if that's missed on this side of Third.

- it's surprising to me too that more retail wasn't slated to front the blocks of Third St between the Commons and the ballpark. having stuff at the Arena site, again, we'll have to see - I'm afraid it's not connected enough to either residential MB to the north or Dogpatch to the south.

- the amount of parking that got front-loaded into the neighborhood seems excessive to me.

anyway, enough rambling! overall, I am still mostly happy I live where I do.

Last edited by timbad; Apr 11, 2015 at 11:07 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development