HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Apr 25, 2015, 9:47 AM

Does anyone know what's the status with the Walgreen construction near the coke sign across from Woodruff park. It was moving along at a good pace, but seem to have stalled lately. Are they letting the old building air out?

Old Posted May 5, 2015, 1:30 AM

Cyan On Peachtree is now completed

Old Posted May 5, 2015, 8:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlwarrior View Post
Does anyone know what's the status with the Walgreen construction near the coke sign across from Woodruff park. It was moving along at a good pace, but seem to have stalled lately. Are they letting the old building air out?
lol, i was wondering the same thing. maybe they have a different demolition and construction crew, and they haven't gotten the construction crew working yet?

Old Posted May 5, 2015, 12:14 PM

Smile

[QUOTE=smArTaLlone;7

Nice picture of CYAN BUT, there are two car models that are not known to me; one very short with only a rear; and one 6 door mixed white sedan convertible. Where can I get one?

Old Posted May 5, 2015, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post

Nice picture of CYAN BUT, there are two car models that are not known to me; one very short with only a rear; and one 6 door mixed white sedan convertible. Where can I get one?
Ha! I didn't even notice them.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; May 5, 2015 at 11:06 PM.

Old Posted May 11, 2015, 2:37 PM

There is a project that started permit process, haven't heard of before. It is called Memorial Hill and it looks to be proposed next to the Leonard at intersection of Memorial and Hill.

Also if anybody has been curious of the strong paint smell around Viewpoint area of Midtown since last week it is because Skyhouse South is adding sealant to the top level of the parking deck due to issue with cars getting damaged on the lower levels when it rains.

Old Posted May 11, 2015, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
There is a project that started permit process, haven't heard of before. It is called Memorial Hill and it looks to be proposed next to the Leonard at intersection of Memorial and Hill.

Also if anybody has been curious of the strong paint smell around Viewpoint area of Midtown since last week it is because Skyhouse South is adding sealant to the top level of the parking deck due to issue with cars getting damaged on the lower levels when it rains.

It's Grant Park's version of Krog Street Market by Paces Properties except this one is planned to have a music venue, office space, and a green space.

Memorial Drive's Answer to Krog Street Market

Old Posted May 11, 2015, 5:25 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
That project has gone completely quiet since the big announcement last year.

I have to admit, I too would love to see something get built outside of this 20-25 story rectangular residential mold. Especially south of 10th street. Everything in that's getting built in that area is going to be practically the same height.
In the great words of a wiseman:
Quote:
Developing a high rise is a long process. The towers under construction now have been in the pipeline for years.
Patience please smArTaLlone!

Old Posted May 11, 2015, 7:00 PM

Quote:
It's Grant Park's version of Krog Street Market by Paces Properties except this one is planned to have a music venue, office space, and a green space.

Memorial Drive's Answer to Krog Street Market
That is different.

Memorial Hill permit is at 281 Memorial Dr. SE which based off devmap is next to the Leonard apartment development. Also looks to be across the street from Daddy Z's BBQ

Dairy Farms project is 777 Memorial Dr. SE. Though Dairy Farms did file for demo permit today so that is making progress already.

Last edited by GeorgiaPeanuts; May 11, 2015 at 7:12 PM.

Old Posted May 11, 2015, 8:43 PM

Quote:
That is different.

Memorial Hill permit is at 281 Memorial Dr. SE which based off devmap is next to the Leonard apartment development. Also looks to be across the street from Daddy Z's BBQ

Dairy Farms project is 777 Memorial Dr. SE. Though Dairy Farms did file for demo permit today so that is making progress already.
Ooops! I typed 821 instead of 281. Ironically, the Atlanta Dairies project filed LD permits for the apartments today as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
In the great words of a wiseman:

Patience please smArTaLlone!
Nowhere in my comments am I demanding a development happen right now or any time frame. This statement was only expressing a desire to see a greater variety of buildings going up in Midtown.

Old Posted May 11, 2015, 9:06 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Nowhere in my comments am I demanding a development happen right now or any time frame. This statement was only expressing a desire to see a greater variety of buildings going up in Midtown.
Bullcrap - You were stating the same thing as I was about The Related Group - PROGRESS. You my friend are a hypocrite.

You call me, "naive" and said, "Developing a high rise is a Long process. The towers under construction now have been in the pipeline for years." when I questioned The Related Group for taking 1 year to start the zoning process.

However, in your post you questioned the developers of 98 Fourteenth Street for not giving an update on their development. You stated, "The project has gone completely quiet since the big announcement last year."

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't 98 Fourteenth Street a substantially larger project than 22 Fourteenth Street? Why is it OK for you to question why the developer was not providing an update on that project, but when I question why The Related Group is taking so long - you call me out (school me)?

Old Posted May 11, 2015, 9:25 PM

All I will say is that someone asked a question which I answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlwarrior View Post
Any information or word for 98 14 Street project? I'm so long for something taller than 20-30 stories to break ground.
Beyond that

Old Posted May 11, 2015, 10:24 PM
BANNED

Quote:
All I will say is that someone asked a question which I answered.

Beyond that

Why didn't you respond to atlwarrior this way:

Quote:
Developing a high rise is a long process. The towers under construction now have been in the pipeline for years.
Instead, you agreed with him in the same context as I did concerning The Related Group. You also agreed with him concerning too many "rectangular residential molds." Again you even disagreed with me for saying 22 Fourteenth Street is another rectangular glass box outside of it's base. When the reality is: 22 Fourteenth Street is 100% a glass rectangle above it's retail base, much like most of the other developments in Midtown.

Now I am done.

Old Posted May 12, 2015, 1:11 AM

An architect neighbor of mine is working on the design for the lobby of a condo building at 98 14th St. that he indicated will be about 40 stories. I didn't get more details and didn't want to pry, but at least this indicates that the project is still alive at the design stage.

Old Posted May 12, 2015, 1:23 PM

Quote:
That is different.

This could be an interesting development. The City has been quietly buying up land between MLK and Memorial Dr from the connector all the way to Oakland Cemetery. The idea was to create a linear park that could eventually tie into a cap of the connector for a plaza East of the Capital building. The big plaza will probably never happen, especially now that the State has built the disappointing Liberty Plaza. But the linear park could still come to fruition.

Consider that the King Station MARTA TOD is in this same area, the Leonard, the State Court Building will replace the empty old Archives building, and this area starts to look intriguing.

Old Posted May 12, 2015, 4:32 PM

I meant to ask, were there any details about the height of the Related group tower at the Buckhead MARTA station?

Old Posted May 12, 2015, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newnan_Eric View Post
This could be an interesting development. The City has been quietly buying up land between MLK and Memorial Dr from the connector all the way to Oakland Cemetery. The idea was to create a linear park that could eventually tie into a cap of the connector for a plaza East of the Capital building. The big plaza will probably never happen, especially now that the State has built the disappointing Liberty Plaza. But the linear park could still come to fruition.

Consider that the King Station MARTA TOD is in this same area, the Leonard, the State Court Building will replace the empty old Archives building, and this area starts to look intriguing.

Exactly.

Add to the list the old Habitat for Humanity property that is being redeveloped and the Atlanta Dairies project and this stretch of Memorial will be well beyond the tipping point where it becomes "hot". Its similar to the way Marietta street revitalized little by little.

By the way, the city has put a 6 month moratorium on new building permits for the corridor to allow for overlay zoning to be approved.

Old Posted May 12, 2015, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I meant to ask, were there any details about the height of the Related group tower at the Buckhead MARTA station?
I believe I read 27 stories somewhere.

Edit: I might be thinking of another project. I haven't seen the height in any of the articles.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; May 12, 2015 at 5:14 PM.

Old Posted May 12, 2015, 9:37 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I reached out to John Schaffner at BuckheadView and Liveable Buckhead on Twitter last week. (See below) I will follow up again.

Old Posted May 12, 2015, 9:46 PM

Crescent Howell Mill appears to be completed.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta