HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

220 Central Park South in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jul 25, 2014, 7:59 PM

Old Posted Jul 25, 2014, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecom View Post
Why is it that your videos look fantastic and mine look like I shoot them in the middle of a blizzard, with no clothing on?

Old Posted Jul 29, 2014, 4:24 AM

Old Posted Jul 29, 2014, 1:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyleraf View Post
This doesn't sound promising unfortunately. I liked the Art Deco design of this one.
agreed

Old Posted Sep 14, 2014, 10:44 PM

Does anyone have the hi-res for these images?

They aren't just great architectural renderings... I'd want them as wallpapers! Heck, or even a poster! So elegant.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 7:32 PM
Editor

The view at the top will be amazing. Pretty similar to top of the rock I would imagine.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 7:36 PM

A perfect view of Central Park.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 9:41 PM
New Yorker for life

Didn't post any of the other renders here, but 220 needs some of the love.

Renders taken from www.cityrealty.com

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2014, 6:56 PM
Khurram Parvaz

Noisy construction site is scaring off my patients: gynecologist

NY Post

Quote:
A prominent Central Park South gynecologist says the constant “ear-piercingly loud” noise and rumblings from the construction of a skyscraper next door has patients running right out of the exam room.

Dr. Samuel Rafalin went to court Thursday asking a Manhattan judge to save his practice — and his patients — at the expense of a $1.5 billion luxury condominium project owned by one of the city’s largest developers, Vornado.

The OB-GYN recalled one patient who was on the exam table when she said, “This is crazy. I’ve got to get out of here.” The woman threw on her clothes and ran out. All he could do, the doctor said, was apologize and say, “The noise is out of my control.”

“It’s a sensitive environment. You’re going to the doctor, and we manage to talk, but we’re both raising our voices. It’s like having a subway train going next to you all day,” he told The Post.

On the stand Thursday, Rafalin told the judge, “Defendants have placed my patients and their unborn children at a real risk of serious bodily harm, as the scope of my practice involves examining pregnant patients using sharp medical tools that require pinpoint accuracy, stability and control.”

The medical office shakes so violently that framed pictures have fallen off the walls. Staff go home with headaches, and patients have canceled appointments, said the Lenox Hill Hospital-affiliated physician.

The wall of Rafalin’s ground-floor medical suite faces the construction pit where a Robert A.M. Stern-designed 920-foot tower housing $90 million penthouses will rise.
Modal Trigger

Judge Geoffrey Wright let the doctor play a recording of the jarring noise at the court hearing. The 78-decibel throbbing, grinding, pounding and clanking sounds left the judge wincing on the bench.

“Not quite Grand Funk Railroad,” Wright quipped.

Rafalin’s attorney, Steven Sladkus, pleaded, “Their rights can’t trump us! He can certify that his business is going down the toilet.”

“One of the most troubling consequences . . . is that, on several occasions, I have had to advise my patients of poor test results, negative prognoses and malformations of fetuses requiring termination of pregnancy — all while the unrelenting noises and vibration continue,” the doctor said in court papers.

Rafalin is asking the judge to halt all construction. Otherwise he seeks $2 million in damages.

Vornado’s attorney, Deborah Riegel, said the request should be shot down. “Development in this city is a money maker,” Riegel said, noting that delaying the project for a year would cost Vornado $80 million.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2014, 7:58 PM

I think his facial hair probably scares off more patients than the construction....

Old Posted Oct 10, 2014, 8:26 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Women like the "stash".

Old Posted Oct 10, 2014, 11:47 PM
Show me the blueprints

What a twat.

Too obvious?

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Oct 11, 2014, 1:25 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Its just an excuse for a doctor who already makes bank to get even more money.

Quote:
Rafalin is asking the judge to halt all construction. Otherwise he seeks $2 million in damages.
See, its statements like this that make me wonder if this Doctor is really into it for helping patients or money. He goes out to complain about the health effects, but would be fine with 2 million dollars and he will look a blind eye.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2014, 2:57 PM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

The excavation and foundation work that is causing the vibration and noise should be over soon. There's no way the rest of the construction process is going to be as disruption as the excavation.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2014, 10:26 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

the view of central park out the window actually made me catch my breath. i can't even imagine the ask for those apts.

doc sam looks like he should get a better suit and come downtown and craft fancy drinks in my neighborhood at employees only or little branch while this construction passes.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 4:04 AM

2 Million!!! What is he trying to get a suite in 220 Central Park South!

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 4:17 AM
Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design-mind View Post
Maybe he should sue for that instead of the 2 Million!

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design-mind View Post
With $2 million, he probably couldn't even afford the tiny basement service apartments (which are only available for buyers in the building anyways, and only allowed to house staff, but whatever).

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 11:45 PM

God, how I hate Nimbys. GIVE YUR PATIENTS EAR PLUGS!!!!!!!!

Old Posted Nov 5, 2014, 2:16 PM
New Yorker for life

http://www.thestreet.com/story/12940...ranscript.html

Vornado Realty Trust (VNO) Earnings Report: Q3 2014 Conference Call

11/04/14

Quote:
Ross Nussbaum (Analyst - UBS):

Can you talk a little bit about 220 Central Park South, just with respect to the activity you have been seeing over that Extell project at One57? And just some commentary on the direction you think that ultra high-end market is going. Obviously the press has been fascinated this year with the slowdown in sales activity over on 57th.

Steven Roth (Chairman, CEO):

I am not sure I heard all your question, Ross, but let me try and take a shot at it. So the first thing is that we are not yet in the market to sell product, although -- and we will probably enter the market in the first quarter of 2015.

We have a very large and very robust list of incomings, which we sort of called the friends and family list, of people who -- and they are largely domestic and they are largely New Yorkers, interestingly enough. Some non, some offshore people, whatever, who have basically heard about the building, seen some material on the building, and are excited about the building, and have inquired. And that does not include the real estate -- the residential real estate brokerage community who I am told anecdotally every major broker has a small handful of people who are very anxious to get in and look at the building.

So that is what we think is the state of the market.

With respect to One57, which I guess was the building that started the market movement, they are down to cats and dogs there. They have sold all the good product, and they have some odds and ends left and so it is not at all surprised that after having multiple price rises so that the product is extremely expensive, having sold all the good product and being down to odds and ends, that sales are slowing. That is predictable.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive