HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 4:19 AM

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/10/18...olorado-pitch/

Not sure how others feel, but I am pretty happy with what appears to be a solid proposal not built on piles of financial incentives. It's impossible to tell how seriously Amazon is going to consider Denver. If they are weighting incentives more than Denver/CO is, then we are probably out and a city like Chicago will probably win at the end of the day.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 5:26 AM

New rendering of the proposed hotel at 1840 Grant. This is going to be one good looking project. I really hope it happens.

http://ozarch.com/portfolio/1840-grant-street/

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 1:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver View Post
New rendering of the proposed hotel at 1840 Grant. This is going to be one good looking project. I really hope it happens.

It looks like the Ace Hotel will happen. A site development plan application was submitted to the City yesterday.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 1:12 PM

Building permit applications have recently been submitted to the City for the 21 story 15th and Stout Dual Brand Hotel and the 8 story 400 Grant Street apartment building.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 3:41 PM

http://www.f9productions.com/amazons...dquarters.html

"Colorado Architecture firm F9 Productions Inc. unveils its design for Amazon's HQ2 in downtown Denver. Located on Broadway and 19th, the proposed complex consists of 5 buildings totaling over 8 million square feet , a new park with 350,000 square feet of green space, and a skyscraper that would be the tallest in the United States!"

I don't know anything about F9 productions or how legit this would be if Amazon chose Denver. Honestly I don't think a building like this would ever get off the ground.. Found it on their Facebook page. But wow! It would be the tallest in the U.S. still thought it would be worth the post. It's nice to fantasize about something like this sometimes.

Last edited by DenBronco8; Oct 19, 2017 at 3:58 PM.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenBronco8 View Post
http://www.f9productions.com/amazons...dquarters.html

"Colorado Architecture firm F9 Productions Inc. unveils its design for Amazon's HQ2 in downtown Denver. Located on Broadway and 19th, the proposed complex consists of 5 buildings totaling over 8 million square feet , a new park with 350,000 square feet of green space, and a skyscraper that would be the tallest in the United States!"

I don't know anything about F9 productions or how legit this would be if Amazon chose Denver. Found this on their Facebook page. But wow! It would be the tallest in the U.S
The addition of a second Union Station on their map is a nice touch.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 4:25 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70 View Post
Building permit applications have recently been submitted to the City for the 21 story 15th and Stout Dual Brand Hotel and the 8 story 400 Grant Street apartment building.
Thanks for the update. Do you know if Block 162 has submitted a building permit application or is it still in the site development plan review stage?

I need to see the giant slab of glass going up from my window.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by semiurban View Post
The level of amateurism on this one leaves me a bit dumbfounded (especially considering it looks like the firm has designed actual decent-looking, small scale projects). I considered a thoughtful response, but I'm not sure it's warranted here. I think a high schooler learning sketchup could probably produce a better massing model.

Also... the 1980s called, they said the "tower in a park" idea was already dated 30 years ago. That part of town needs its empty lots immortalized as giant empty parks about as badly as it needs the Brown Palace to be torn down for "more light and air."

Not to mention the site choice - good track record of honest proposals on that site right?

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by semiurban View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr1138 View Post
The level of amateurism on this one leaves me a bit dumbfounded (especially considering it looks like the firm has designed actual decent-looking, small scale projects). I considered a thoughtful response, but I'm not sure it's warranted here. I think a high schooler learning sketchup could probably produce a better massing model.

Also... the 1980s called, they said the "tower in a park" idea was already dated 30 years ago. That part of town needs its empty lots immortalized as giant empty parks about as badly as it needs the Brown Palace to be torn down.

Not to mention the site choice - good track record of honest proposals on that site right?
I agree with you. It's more of a pipe dream then anything but thought it was still interesting.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenBronco8 View Post
I agree with you. It's more of a pipe dream then anything but thought it was still interesting.
Totally agree! Sorry - the snark wasn't pointed at you. It was interesting enough to provoke a response out of me, so definitely a conversation starter... but sheesh, what a tacky proposal!!

I'm about as big a skyscraper booster as you'll find - but not at the expense of good site design.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 5:46 PM

Quote:

Love it.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 7:10 PM

Quote:

One of the best looking new proposals IMO. Uptown needs a nice hotel, the Warwick is the only one and is pretty dated. Ace will be a nice addition, and the historical renovation aspect is fantastic. The old Cathedral high school is one of my favorite buildings, I'm a sucker for Mediterranean design.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 7:11 PM

Here is the GMP for the 15th and Stout hotel. I am pretty surprised the contract made it public. From the massing and material description I am not optimist that this will be a very good looking building.

http://pix.ghphipps.com/projects/201...Addendum01.pdf

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 7:58 PM

Are there still plans to put up paneling on the roof of the confluence to cover up the ugly mechanical area like the rendering shows?

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 8:21 PM

Quote:
Here is the GMP for the 15th and Stout hotel. I am pretty surprised the contract made it public. From the massing and material description I am not optimist that this will be a very good looking building.
Yeah from the looks of it in the info it looks late 70s-early 80s cookie cutter bland..

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 8:28 PM
Never Dell

GMP means Guaranteed Maximum Price. This seems to be GMP-level design information, but not the GMP itself.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Thanks for the update. Do you know if Block 162 has submitted a building permit application or is it still in the site development plan review stage?

I need to see the giant slab of glass going up from my window.
I haven't seen any building permits, but I did see this blog post dated October 5, 2017 (See the section in bold below):

Swinerton recognizes seven subcontractor partners at inaugural awards program
Contributor: Swinerton Blogger | October 05, 2017 | Image Gallery »
Swinerton recognizes seven subcontractor partners at inaugural awards program
In celebration of building in Colorado for 75 years in 2017, Swinerton Builders has instituted an awards program to recognize the outstanding efforts of their subcontractor partners. Every subcontracting firm who has recently worked for Swinerton was eligible for nomination by any Swinerton employee in Colorado.

The winners were announced September 21 at Swinerton’s sixth annual Swintoberfest, a celebratory event to show our appreciation for the subcontractor community.

“Congratulations to all winners of Swinerton’s inaugural subcontractor awards, and thank you to all of our subcontractors—we couldn’t do what we do without you!” said Tim Kretzschmar, Swinerton Vice President and Colorado Division Manager.

The awards and winners are:

Excellence in Safety – TWI Erectors. TWI Erectors performed steel erection for Swinerton on the GSAB Maintenance Hangar at Fort Carson. TWI is recognized for many reasons regarding safety, including their understanding for crane/lift plans specific to USACE projects, overall safety readiness and responsiveness, and going out of their way to find safe and acceptable solutions without incident.

Excellence in Quality – Colorado Design. Colorado Design was one of the last scopes to complete on the Denver International Airport Concourse C North Replacement project. Because of this, they had many eyes on them while they finished their work. Working a staggering six days a week of 10-12 hour shifts, their attention to detail and quality never wavered while maintaining a great attitude.

Excellence in Partnership – Ammex Masonry. Ammex Masonry, from their office to field staff, defines what it is to be a great subcontracting partner. Their work was done when they said it would be, and they routinely stepped up to take on work outside of their original scope in an effort to bring a project to its finish line more than once. Swinerton is proud to be entering into an official mentor-protégé agreement with Ammex.

Excellence in Preconstruction – Bergelectric. Bergelectric continually goes the extra mile in preconstruction activities. They consistently meet with project engineers and architect team members to further understand the client’s budget goals, and they consistently deliver what is needed on time. They also continue to impress as the preconstruction stage evolves into the construction phase.

Excellence in Complex Construction – Design Mechanical. Design Mechanical took on one of Swinerton’s dirtiest jobs when they successfully completed a live tie-in of a 14-inch main sanitary sewer effluent line from the Hyatt Convention Center Hotel to facilitate construction of Block 162. Work undertaken in harsh conditions was completed between one a.m. and five a.m. so that the sanitary sewer line was at its lowest flow and minimized intrusion on the hotel’s daily operations.

Rising to the Challenge – Martinez Fire Protection. The work completed by Martinez Fire Protection on several projects demonstrates why they consistently rise to any challenge placed before them. For example, their efforts at the Emerald Elementary School project directly contributed to its on-time completion.

Most Valuable Player - Weifield Group Contracting. In pursuit, preconstruction and operations, Weifield always sets the bar for the rest of the team. Their expectations for themselves are second to none. The best part about Weifield is that their field performance is equally impressive to their preconstruction services. That balance of excellence is rare.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 10:33 PM

^ Wowser... and a sign of things to come.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/her...ers-2017-09-07

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 2:23 AM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

It's a luffer!

Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 5:53 AM

Anyone have info on this guy?

955 Bannock

http://images1.loopnet.com/d2/bwb83z...w/document.pdf

Found it while pulling comps on loopnet- do not have any info other than that.

Last edited by Denver; Oct 20, 2017 at 6:15 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West