HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Apr 9, 2018, 5:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkuta View Post
Yeah?

Most flights out of Halifax have lobster, thankfully you can't smell it over the other passengers.

Also the A330 interior would have required you to draw more stink lines (2-4-2 seat configuration)

Old Posted Apr 9, 2018, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by q12 View Post

Also the A330 interior would have required you to draw more stink lines (2-4-2 seat configuration)
I think those are antennae

Old Posted Apr 10, 2018, 8:32 PM

YSJ funding announcement on the way - I believe the final items were runway resurfacing, replacing the lighting and adding in centreline lighting which would be a huge help in the foggy weather. Last I read the plan for a runway extension was shelved as it didn't meet the criteria for the funding, which is a shame as it would have been good to get it all done in one go.

Quote:
Minister Garneau to make an important announcement at the Saint John Airport in New Brunswick

Media advisory

Saint John, New Brunswick — The Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, will make a funding announcement for the Saint John Airport.

Minister Garneau will be available to speak to media after the event.

Date:
April 11, 2018

Time:
4:00 pm (ADT)

4180 Loch Lomond Road, Saint John, New Brunswick
https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-c...brunswick.html

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 12:32 PM

IT is unfortunate FLair did not add more routes in the Atlantic region.

cAnada’s only operating low-fare airline is expanding its route network that will more than double its flight service, offering affordable airfares.

Kelowna-based Flair Airlines will begin flying from Halifax, Saskatoon, Calgary, Prince George, and Victoria on June 15.

Earlier growth projections have been realized with this announcement by the airline, with seven aircraft in scheduled service.

“This is a very exciting announcement for Flair and Canadians,” said Flair Airlines CEO Jim Scott. “Every time we enter a market, Canadians benefit significantly as airfare drops almost immediately by more than 20 per cent on the routes we serve.

“This schedule is a clear indication that the demand for low-fare flying is strong, and we are proud to be the airline that initiated and sparked this movement across the country.”

Flair Airlines currently operates 90 flights per week. As of June 15, Flair will operate 208 flights per week, with increased direct, one stop and connectivity throughout its network.
Schedule highlights (new directs):
Toronto to: Halifax;
Winnipeg to: Calgary, Vancouver;
Saskatoon to: Edmonton;
Calgary to: Vancouver, Winnipeg;
Edmonton to: Saskatoon, Prince George, Victoria;
Prince George to: Vancouver, Edmonton;
Vancouver to: Prince George;
Victoria to: Edmonton.
Tickets are now on sale for the summer at www.flairair.ca.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2018, 3:16 PM

I hope that Flair Air adds more flights to the maritimes IE Moncton. I am sick an tired now that I have moved to Saskatchewan to see how we are being taken advantage of in Canada to fly. I hope that Flair, Canada Jetlines and swoop by Westjet will service the maritimes from Regina soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI highway guy View Post
IT is unfortunate FLair did not add more routes in the Atlantic region.

cAnada’s only operating low-fare airline is expanding its route network that will more than double its flight service, offering affordable airfares.

Kelowna-based Flair Airlines will begin flying from Halifax, Saskatoon, Calgary, Prince George, and Victoria on June 15.

Earlier growth projections have been realized with this announcement by the airline, with seven aircraft in scheduled service.

“This is a very exciting announcement for Flair and Canadians,” said Flair Airlines CEO Jim Scott. “Every time we enter a market, Canadians benefit significantly as airfare drops almost immediately by more than 20 per cent on the routes we serve.

“This schedule is a clear indication that the demand for low-fare flying is strong, and we are proud to be the airline that initiated and sparked this movement across the country.”

Flair Airlines currently operates 90 flights per week. As of June 15, Flair will operate 208 flights per week, with increased direct, one stop and connectivity throughout its network.
Schedule highlights (new directs):
Toronto to: Halifax;
Winnipeg to: Calgary, Vancouver;
Saskatoon to: Edmonton;
Calgary to: Vancouver, Winnipeg;
Edmonton to: Saskatoon, Prince George, Victoria;
Prince George to: Vancouver, Edmonton;
Vancouver to: Prince George;
Victoria to: Edmonton.
Tickets are now on sale for the summer at www.flairair.ca.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2018, 3:31 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan.richard View Post
I hope that Flair Air adds more flights to the maritimes IE Moncton. I am sick an tired now that I have moved to Saskatchewan to see how we are being taken advantage of in Canada to fly. I hope that Flair, Canada Jetlines and swoop by Westjet will service the maritimes from Regina soon.
I noticed that you hadn't been as active as before recently. Good luck in Saskatchewan. It's been pretty cold out there this spring so far!!

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 4:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I noticed that you hadn't been as active as before recently. Good luck in Saskatchewan. It's been pretty cold out there this spring so far!!
Its been a real cold spring here and its driving me mad. But here I shouldn't complain with flight offerings here. But its just the affordable alternatives we need in the country. But my goal is to make it back out east.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 12:08 AM

YFC 1st quarter, year over year PAX up 12%

https://www.frederictonairport.ca/La...ional-airport/

Old Posted May 3, 2018, 12:32 AM

Air Canada's flight between St. John's and London Heathrow is now via a Boeing 737 MAX-8

https://www.facebook.com/StJohnsInte...type=3&theater

Old Posted May 3, 2018, 4:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post
Air Canada's flight between St. John's and London Heathrow is now via a Boeing 737 MAX-8

https://www.facebook.com/StJohnsInte...type=3&theater
Wow thats one sweet plane!!! More Fuel efficient than the 767 that they used andi hear its a cool plane.

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 2:59 AM

More fuel efficient yes but much smaller and more cramped then a 767 as well as zero cargo capability.

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 3:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J81 View Post
More fuel efficient yes but much smaller and more cramped then a 767 as well as zero cargo capability.
I flew on the 737-900ER and it is surprizingly comfortable and its the new reality.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
It'll get the job done for the route. It'll be replacing an Airbus A319 so there'll be more passengers per route. I don't think there's much (or any) cargo being flown directly between YYT and LHR

Old Posted May 13, 2018, 9:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post
It'll get the job done for the route. It'll be replacing an Airbus A319 so there'll be more passengers per route. I don't think there's much (or any) cargo being flown directly between YYT and LHR
I figured there would be at least some fish products being carried in the belly holds. I wasnt aware the route was served by an A319 these days. I thought it was still the 767 that left stopped on its way from Halifax. A319 to Max8 is a nice improvement for sure!

Old Posted May 14, 2018, 10:40 AM

I was looking at FlightRadar24 and why did Sunwing have a flight going from Moncton to Charlotte NC? Does anyone have connection with the airport to see why they did this flight?

Old Posted May 14, 2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
I figured there would be at least some fish products being carried in the belly holds. I wasnt aware the route was served by an A319 these days. I thought it was still the 767 that left stopped on its way from Halifax. A319 to Max8 is a nice improvement for sure!
Wasn't the St. John's-London flight always an ETOPS A319? I think your getting the two flights confused with the Toronto-Halifax-London flight.

Old Posted May 14, 2018, 6:10 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan.richard View Post
I was looking at FlightRadar24 and why did Sunwing have a flight going from Moncton to Charlotte NC? Does anyone have connection with the airport to see why they did this flight?
Sunwing does vacation charters out of Charlotte NC too (internet search). I imagine they were just moving equipment.

Old Posted May 15, 2018, 8:39 PM

Kind of got lost among everything, but with the first expansion of the YYT terminal set to open in weeks, representatives from the airport said two of the top routes they're eyeing right now are to New York (either JFK or LaGuardia), and Moncton.

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 7:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
Wasn't the St. John's-London flight always an ETOPS A319? I think your getting the two flights confused with the Toronto-Halifax-London flight.
Precisely what i said in my post. I was still under the impression that YYT-LHR was still the 3rd leg of the YYZ-YHZ-YYT-LHR route i have taken in the past which was served with B767 aircraft.

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 11:18 PM

Maybe not as impressive as the other airports but leaps and bounds for the Bathurst airport, first Boeing 737 to land at the airport today, a737-200 from Nolinor to pick up the Acadie-Bathurst Titan to take them to Regina to the memorial cup!

The extention of the runway and the turnaround pads at the ends are really helping the airport to accomodate larger planes,all though I think it was a pretty tight fit!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces