HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs

Old Posted Mar 28, 2024, 7:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
I can't say for sure that there are not any such sound walls, but there are very few if they even exist here. My favorite example of how HRM handles such things is at the top of Woodland Ave in Dartmouth where there are a number of houses on the south side whose backyards abut that very busy main artery. Fences have been put up their along that stretch at different times as can be seen by the varying coloration of the wood. A couple of years ago part of one or two fell down and there was extended discussion about whether they were the homeowners responsibility or HRM's. The councillor tried to avoid having HRM be responsible. If he was actually an advocate for citizens he would have pushed for a proper sound fence as is used elsewhere, usually made of concrete panels.
I can concur Keith. My Nephew has his backyard fence separating Woodland ave from his property. He and his wife put a wad into the backyard including replacing the "Citys" fence. Out of their pocket.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs