HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Jun 26, 2015, 8:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmiv View Post
The only views that matter are thes one directly to the south and southwest, since that's the view of the river... and his view that'll be blocked by this building was already blocked by Northshore, so...
After this post I'll defer any thoughts on Austinshrink's future view to Austinshrink. The view to the South-Southeast is the one that will be blocked further by this tower even more than Northshore since this tower is closer. The views to the East and South-Southwest are the ones that won't be blocked. But the South-Southwest view will be blocked more by Austin Proper and whatever "Greenwater Residential #2" turns out to be.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2015, 3:25 AM

Wow, I take a break to play some squash for a few hours and look what happens, my apt almost has its own thread, cool. Looking forward to the new bldgs, i'll still be able to see down nueces and over the shorter greenwater office bldg to st edwards. I really enjoy this forum as i see the city exploding before my eyes. I'm hoping this bldg tapers in a little at the higher levels so i can still get most of the congress bridge and the river east from parts of my apt. Can't stop progress! I think the bank of lights at the top of this will be close to eye level out my window...may be able to tan at night.

Last edited by Austinshrink; Jun 27, 2015 at 4:05 AM.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2015, 11:43 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Matt View Post
Not so sure about that. The view of the tree-lined reservoir curving down around Rainey district towards I-35 is quite nice and will be blocked by this building (not blocked by North Shore), at least for people at the South end of 360 who are lower than (+/-)30th floor.

Tree lined reservoir? It's a river, you know the Colorado River. Sure it is dammed to protect the city from widespread river flooding but that doesn't make it any less of a river. Sorry to be picky over it but that's really the first time I've heard anyone speak of it in that way lol.

With regards about views, this topic has been covered quite extensively and for the most part you could say it comes down to preference. He will still have a view regardless of what is built, it will just be a view of a building or buildings which is of course not too suprising to have living in DT. I would expect to look out of my window if I lived DT and see highrises. It's actually something I personally would like because of the whole urban big city feel.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2015, 7:52 PM

So it's a river (Colorado River), that's also named a lake (Ladybird Lake). We in Texas have a bit of confusion about this because we don't have real lakes, so I can understand. Reservoir is the technically correct term, but if you want to continue insisting on the colloquial name then you're more than welcome to.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Matt View Post
So it's a river (Colorado River), that's also named a lake (Ladybird Lake). We in Texas have a bit of confusion about this because we don't have real lakes, so I can understand. Reservoir is the technically correct term, but if you want to continue insisting on the colloquial name then you're more than welcome to.
I can't decide whether you are trying to collectively troll the entirety of native Austinites, or really so pedantic as to insist that you are surprised that anyone here even remotely thinks of Ladybird Lake/the Colorado as a reservoir, even if it is.

I am among what I am sure is many people who quickly glanced at the area in confusion, trying to find said tree-lined reservoir.

Sorry if this sounds hostile, but I don't come to development nerd forums to watch people bait one another.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 12:28 AM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by LessThan3 View Post
I can't decide whether you are trying to collectively troll the entirety of native Austinites, or really so pedantic as to insist that you are surprised that anyone here even remotely thinks of Ladybird Lake/the Colorado as a reservoir, even if it is.

I am among what I am sure is many people who quickly glanced at the area in confusion, trying to find said tree-lined reservoir.

Sorry if this sounds hostile, but I don't come to development nerd forums to watch people bait one another.
Actually, it seems like you're more the person trying to troll.

It is a reservoir of water and any idiot with a brain knows that that's what it is.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 12:51 AM

Quote:
It is a reservoir of water and any idiot with a brain knows that that's what it is.
Are you this officious and hostile IRL? If you guys like it this way, then great. But I'm about to scramble my password because the petty debating of minutiae nearly swallows the utility of the actual content here.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 1:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxdweller View Post
Are you this officious and hostile IRL? If you guys like it this way, then great. But I'm about to scramble my password because the petty debating of minutiae nearly swallows the utility of the actual content here.
We need a 1,000 ft tower to be announced as the private portion of the Travis County Civil Courthouse to ease these tensions over what the proper term is for the body of water curving around the CBD.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 1:31 AM
World Traveler

Agreed. Let's get back on track talking about buildings and stuff.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 3:40 AM

Quote:
Actually, it seems like you're more the person trying to troll.

Well we can all agree it is certainly not a tarn. Since I still occasionally refer to it as Town Lake, if it was a tarn, it would have been Town Tarn...back in the day...

Old Posted Jul 1, 2015, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
Well we can all agree it is certainly not a tarn. Since I still occasionally refer to it as Town Lake, if it was a tarn, it would have been Town Tarn...back in the day...
Haha, had to lookup what a tarn is and it triggered some nice memories from Colorado.

BTW LessThan3, I am a native, so

As for the 500 West, just an update, they are well above ground level. It's too bad it will cover up North Shore before it's completely finished. North Shore is looking pretty nice from the North.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2015, 9:11 AM

The Facebook page for Seaholm Residences as some nice photo updates.

https://www.facebook.com/seaholmresidences?ref=hl#

Old Posted Jul 13, 2015, 6:32 PM

7/13

Old Posted Aug 4, 2015, 1:16 AM

From today

Last edited by Urbannizer; Aug 4, 2015 at 5:26 AM.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2015, 4:07 PM

8/14

Old Posted Aug 14, 2015, 7:51 PM

Starting to rise.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2015, 1:01 AM

10/18

Old Posted Nov 4, 2015, 4:07 PM

They're working on the 9th floor now. The office floors should go quickly, and the crane for Northshore started coming down yesterday. If Austin Proper and the Independent don't start soon, there might not be any tower cranes in this area for the first time since before Gables was completed.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2015, 9:55 PM

Windows are now being installed

Old Posted Dec 13, 2015, 10:03 PM

Nice...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin