HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Stantec Tower & Sky Residences in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Edmonton Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 11:48 AM
Love skyscrapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookey780 View Post
As a native Edmontonian and a very frequent visitor to Calgary,i can honestly say that Calgary has no obsession with our tall buildings or lack thereof.Maybe our new arena.All you have to do is go for a walk in downtown Calgary and you will see that there isn't much to say about insecurity about who has a better downtown core.
Sure you are also where is your source where are you hearing this ? Or did you just make it up native Edmontonian my ass.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 2:12 PM
Community Guy

Calgary very much has a 'better' core in many many ways; they have done an excellent job over the last generation. We are a ways behind, but making significant strides.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Apr 20, 2016, 2:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Calgary very much has a 'better' core in many many ways; they have done an excellent job over the last generation. We are a ways behind, but making significant strides.
I would not say "better" just different. A lot of Calgary's towers are very corporate, and do not include amenities or retail bases. Yes Calgary's core is very dense, but it also remains very cold feeling. Calgary needs to do a better job of livening up the core with mixed use.

This is one thing that Edmonton is really embracing. The towers in the ICE district are getting it right. Stantec is no exception.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2016, 5:07 AM
That's no excuse!

From April 19, 2016.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2016, 2:19 AM

Back to the topic of Skyscrapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveography View Post
I always feel like stupid arguments about who is more/less insecure arise from a general insecurity from all involved.

In other words, come on guys, get it together and keep it on topic.
You're absolutely right Dave,keep up the good work with the pics.I will be downtown at the end of the month to have have a close up look.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2016, 2:53 AM
Klatuu Barada Nikto

Old Posted Apr 21, 2016, 4:01 PM
Love skyscrapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookey780 View Post
You're absolutely right Dave,keep up the good work with the pics.I will be downtown at the end of the month to have have a close up look.
Still waiting for your source?

Old Posted Apr 21, 2016, 4:20 PM
Klatuu Barada Nikto

^ Dude, let it go...of all the hills to die on, this one isn't a good choice.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2016, 11:33 AM
Love skyscrapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveography View Post
^ Dude, let it go...of all the hills to die on, this one isn't a good choice.
Whatever man he comes in here posting lies wont back it up kisses your ass and your all good with it . Get sucked in by BS much ?

Old Posted Apr 28, 2016, 2:40 AM

Coming back from a job today on highway 15 and seeing downtown from the Bruderheim area,wow.Can't wait for Stantec and company to start going up.Gotta take a night shot from there.All of the plants leading towards the city should make a great pic.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2016, 5:28 PM
Klatuu Barada Nikto

(More)

Old Posted May 2, 2016, 9:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyisnolimit View Post
Whatever man he comes in here posting lies wont back it up kisses your ass and your all good with it . Get sucked in by BS much ?
There are a few rumours going around that are unsubstantiated currently. I doubt Brookfield will end up taller, but we will get another tower in the future that will be taller for sure (though that may not be for a while, vacancy rate is over 20% currently). Enjoy the title of tallest while you can, but I doubt it will last very long. Vancouver has been easing their height restrictions a bit too, so maybe they will take the title of tallest in the west, who knows...

Why are you so angry that someone said Brookfield may end up taller? this actually shows your insecurity toward Calgary, not the other way around. For the record, the majority of us are actually really stoked for you guys and welcome a friendly height war, no need to start throwing mud.

Old Posted May 4, 2016, 10:54 PM
Love skyscrapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
There are a few rumours going around that are unsubstantiated currently. I doubt Brookfield will end up taller, but we will get another tower in the future that will be taller for sure (though that may not be for a while, vacancy rate is over 20% currently). Enjoy the title of tallest while you can, but I doubt it will last very long. Vancouver has been easing their height restrictions a bit too, so maybe they will take the title of tallest in the west, who knows...

Why are you so angry that someone said Brookfield may end up taller? this actually shows your insecurity toward Calgary, not the other way around. For the record, the majority of us are actually really stoked for you guys and welcome a friendly height war, no need to start throwing mud.
Calgary will not have another tall office tower in the next decade at bare minimum so enjoy all your empty office space. Also find it funny how Stantec has so many Calgarians butthurt and showing their insecurity of Edmonton once again never seen a city like Calgary so preoccupied with another city like they are with Edmonton maybe a century of losing out on all that matters Capital University winning sports franchises is just to much for the little brother to handle. So suck it up Shelbyville

Old Posted May 5, 2016, 2:20 AM

Hey brains are no limit

Fatboy Slim here is not me.And as far as a finger being pointed,i think it looks best coming north on HWY 2

Old Posted May 5, 2016, 2:39 PM
Sawmill Billowtoker

Everyone, let's not get too attached to the whole sport of competitive height comparisons. No one wins these things.

Old Posted May 5, 2016, 2:47 PM
arf

^Actually skyscraperpage wins in the end if Calgary and Edmonton developers start competing in the size of their ummm...you know... happens. But the ad-hoc attacks between forumers is ridiculous.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted May 6, 2016, 7:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelebes View Post
Everyone, let's not get too attached to the whole sport of competitive height comparisons. No one wins these things.
I think a friendly height war could be fun, hasn't happened in quite some time. Of course it would be completely superficial and wouldn't really mean anything...

Old Posted May 8, 2016, 5:23 PM
Klatuu Barada Nikto

(More)

Old Posted May 9, 2016, 10:09 PM

Thanks for the picture update, is that the lowest floor, or have they already poured a few?

Old Posted May 10, 2016, 2:59 PM
Klatuu Barada Nikto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
Thanks for the picture update, is that the lowest floor, or have they already poured a few?
That's the lowest level, which you can see in the photo they are filling with gravel.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive