HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

FMC Tower at Cira Centre South in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Oct 7, 2007, 1:25 AM
Chillin' in The Burgh

What is this Image? I have it saved on my computer as some kind of possible Cira rendering...

Old Posted Oct 7, 2007, 5:13 AM
Stay Classy Philadelphia

I just thought there was already some deconstruction going on....maybe not I guess.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2007, 12:35 PM
Hello

Updated photos from Inga Saffron's blog

http://changingskyline.blogspot.com/

Being able to see more detail, I like this tower even more. It has beautiful cuts and angles. The glowing top will be amazing.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2007, 9:05 PM
Big 'n Tall geek

Drexel's proposed tower -

- is dead if my sources are correct. Apparently a feasibilty study was recently done and the cost exceed the profit margins for such a tall building. It woulda been nice - it would have been different in design than any of the Ciras, and thus liven up the area even more. My understanding is that now Drexel will build a low-rise hotel/convention center next to 3001 Market (on Drexel-owned ground). Don't know when. Three other MAJOR buildings are go at Drexel - some slated to break ground in the spring of 2008 - perhaps one of them sooner.

Gia

Old Posted Oct 22, 2007, 10:38 PM
i heart philly

i hope that the mini cira to the right gets changed up, the original is awesome.. just sick of seeing double when i look at most the the buildings in town.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2007, 11:51 PM
Person

I'm sick of blue glass and clones! Still an exciting project for Philly. I say keep the 600 footer as is and ditch the massive parking garage and Cira Center clone. And put something radically different in Cira clone's place.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2007, 6:29 PM

I would say more than 600ft tall probably more like 750 or 800ft becasue all the lattest news articals have pointed to 50 story tower. I like the new rendering

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 12:53 AM

any news?
for this 5 year project?

Old Posted Nov 19, 2007, 4:56 PM

from today's PBJ

Work at Cira Centre South starts
Philadelphia Business Journal

Brandywine Realty Trust is breaking ground Monday on its $800 million Cira Centre South project in Philadelphia's University City.

The company built the original Cira Centre, a 28-story, 728,000-square-foot office building adjacent to 30th Street Station.

It will have a ceremony with University of Pennsylvania and other local officials to mark the occasion. The project entails razing the current U.S. Post Office Truck Terminal Annex and building a 2.8 million-square-foot mixed-use development comprised of offices, hotel, residential, parking and retail on land Brandywine has leased from the university.

It will also involve renovating an existing, historic Post Office structure.

The site sits on a Keystone Opportunity Zone, giving tenants who move into the space breaks on state and local taxes, as the first Cira Centre did. The Postal Service and Penn, two tax-exempt entities, are lined up to be tenants in the buildings. Cira Centre South is scheduled for completion by the end of 2010.

Brandywine (NYSE:BDN) is a Radnor, Pa., real estate investment trust that buys and builds office properties.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2007, 5:57 PM

sweet! they didnt waist any time

Old Posted Nov 19, 2007, 6:01 PM
Hello

Wow! I wonder if this means construction on that actual tower? I guess we will find out within the next few months.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2007, 6:54 PM

If anyone remembers how speedy Cira went up, this could be very exciting. I was very pleased with the fast level of construction for Cira.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2007, 7:11 PM
America's Hometown

Dang! I didn't think this would get started for months.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2007, 7:25 PM
Hello

Including Cira South, Philadelphia has some very nice stuff coming on-line in a future near you.

This is my favorite image of Cira South:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_1MENfRLEv-M/...evening_02.jpg

Old Posted Nov 19, 2007, 7:41 PM

whoa, this is some speedy work for philly! nice to see the skyline expand a bit.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2007, 8:09 PM

Wow that's exciting! So by "breaking ground today" what does that entail exactly? Have they started digging today?

Also...Cira South consists of BOTH towers right? The 40+ story tower and the 30+ story tower?

I wonder if they will start construction on both towers at the same time. Or if they will finish one tower before starting the other?

Old Posted Nov 19, 2007, 8:29 PM

Has anyone found out how many feet the towers wil be? The Cira Centre is nearly 500 feet tall but only 28 stories so I'd imagine both are over 500.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2007, 9:24 PM

Don't be suprised if they're only starting on the parking garage or post office conversion phase at this point. As much as I'd LOVE the office tower (which I'm guessing could climb as high as 700 or 800 feet) to begin construction this soon, it's probably a bit early for that phase to get under way yet. I'd happily be proven wrong though.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2007, 2:13 AM

anyone remembers how fast the first Cira went up? how long approximately did it take from the announcement to topping out?

and I am really excited this project is moving forward... yey!

Old Posted Nov 20, 2007, 2:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muji View Post
Work at Cira Centre South starts
Philadelphia Business Journal

Cira Centre South is scheduled for completion by the end of 2010.

Brandywine (NYSE:BDN) is a Radnor, Pa., real estate investment trust that buys and builds office properties.
Wow thats 2 years shaved off the original estimate which was 4th quarter 2012. PC Online stated the annex demolition is starting immediately and that the post office renovation and building of the new towers would happen simutaneously. What do you guys think 9-12 months of demo? Maybe this time next year they start actually building. That gives them 2 years to meet the end of 2010 deadline.

Very exciting news. $800 M project to go along with the billion dollars worth of construction at HUP South campus.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive