HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 4:16 PM

Did something I've never done before last night - I took the RT to plaza station to go to a specialty grocery store. Never did I think it would be viable to take the bus grocery shopping as a better/more convenient option than taking my car. Obvs WT isn't where it should be and the other RT routes needed to rolled out years ago but we can recognize the small wins and the objective improvements to transit in the past 10 years. With the resources they have, well done to WT for doing the best they can.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FactaNV View Post
Did something I've never done before last night - I took the RT to plaza station to go to a specialty grocery store. Never did I think it would be viable to take the bus grocery shopping as a better/more convenient option than taking my car. Obvs WT isn't where it should be and the other RT routes needed to rolled out years ago but we can recognize the small wins and the objective improvements to transit in the past 10 years. With the resources they have, well done to WT for doing the best they can.
Thanks for posting this! It's too easy to dwell on our gripes; great to see some credit given where it's due.

"Naysayers are always predicting the present"-Anon.

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength"-Eric Hoffer

Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspeid View Post
Thanks for posting this! It's too easy to dwell on our gripes; great to see some credit given where it's due.
What I love about this forum is it isn't just an echo chamber like other Winnipeg social media forums like Reddit. I love my city and want to give credit where it's due, along with criticism where it's due. Thanks for the kind words.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 7:49 PM

It's typical where we mostly hear the negative. Always good to hear the positive.

Just like the workplace. You need to celebrate your successes too!

Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 8:19 PM

Thanks FactNV for the post about rapid transit. I've used it on many occasions and am very grateful for the service despite its present limitations-- it just so happens to be useful for where I live and need to go. Look forward to the day when the entire city is served by one form of RT or another.
I like to think that the constructive criticism on this forum is a sign that people deeply care about a community and want to make it better. Those who do nothing but complain will never be satisfied no matter where they live and what they have.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 8:49 PM

I take the regular 14 bus home from St B to the West End in the late afternoon where I live since Dec and it’s been like 95% reliable and only 1 sketchy incident in that time so far, it’s honestly not bad at all despite going through a rougher area.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 4:17 PM

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/cana...opment-housingObviously Vancouver media but I had no idea there was a large transit fund drawn up by the Feds. Anyone involved in transit, do you know if we're submitting an application for more money? With the financial state of the city at the moment, it might be the only hope we have of seeing shovels in ground on the new rapid infrastructure for the near future.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan