HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 30, 2016, 1:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkuta View Post
As someone who lives on the outskirts of Shediac and who shops/eats/drives-through Shediac nearly daily... summer is already... Ugh. If I want to go to something on the far end of town (ie: Dairy Queen), I take Highway 15 around the town; it's much faster. It reminds me of the "glory days" of North Conway, NH in the summer: one big traffic jam.

And I rarely to go Parlee. Too many people. Aboiteau is better, though that is getting much busier too, lately. Cape Lumiere is looking pretty good...

FWIW, here's a map I made of Shediac with existing (red) and proposed (green) camp grounds:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Gee, I wonder if Victor recused himself from this decision.

It didn't take long for a press release from the competing Shediac Campground group stating that they plan to begin construction next year too.

That will be well over 1000 new camp sites in Shediac opening in the next several years.

Personally, I would be concerned over what sort of human pressure all these bodies will place on the environment. Parlee Beach isn't that large of a beach, and Shediac Bay is already suffering from water quality issues. Has anyone considered the consequences of all this development????

I think this is why purchasers of 3 separate areas within no more then 5 minutes to Shediac have decided to scrap the plans that came with the purchase. They would have added anywhere from 2300-2500 camping sites within easy access to Shediac. There are a few lots for sale that have been re-posted without the "Great location for XX site campground", and now state other uses for the land then Campground that are already design for the best use of the land.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2016, 2:06 AM

Just sharing a little video I did. It's not construction or development related, however, it gives a little appropriate Shediac content to the thread.

Video Link

Old Posted Oct 31, 2016, 3:17 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

A few Shediac notes from my drive out there today.......

1) - It looks as if the twinned section of Route 11 north as far as Shediac Bridge will be open before the snow flies.
2) - There are a couple of large cranes at the 11/15 interchange, and it would appear that work has begun on the 11N flyover ramp crossing over 15W.
3) - The reconstruction (and signalization) of the Main/Chesley intersection is complete.
4) - They've completed clearing the land for the new "American style" mini golf course and ice cream shop in front of Camping Oceanic.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2016, 1:20 PM

Quote:
A few Shediac notes from my drive out there today.......

1) - It looks as if the twinned section of Route 11 north as far as Shediac Bridge will be open before the snow flies.
2) - There are a couple of large cranes at the 11/15 interchange, and it would appear that work has begun on the 11N flyover ramp crossing over 15W.
3) - The reconstruction (and signalization) of the Main/Chesley intersection is complete.
4) - They've completed clearing the land for the new "American style" mini golf course and ice cream shop in front of Camping Oceanic.
I'll add that they have also cleared the land where the former NBPower building was on Ohio Rd for the new public works station and at the other end of town they have begun preparing the land for the traffic circle that will connect main street with the overpass to the new interchange and to Scoudouc. I've been really impressed with the work done this year on the new highway. For most of the summer it looked like there was nothing going on but the past 2 months has seen significant progress, very similar to last year.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2016, 3:33 PM

where will this traffic be placed? west of Wilsons? I AM having a hard time picturing this. I spend part of my summer at Parlee beach so I know this area well.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2016, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI highway guy View Post
where will this traffic be placed? west of Wilsons? I AM having a hard time picturing this. I spend part of my summer at Parlee beach so I know this area well.
I don't THINK there's a traffic circle, based on this:

http://www2.gnb.ca/content/dam/gnb/D...nterchange.pdf

Old Posted Oct 31, 2016, 3:44 PM

Thanks Vorkuta, the plan you shared is the plan I had in my head.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2016, 3:45 PM

This was posted a while by by MonctonRad and shows the plans for the new interchange at Riverside/route 15 with a roundabout on the north side. This is what is being planned for the area.

Quote:
Well, this is the first time that one of the [Moncton] subsections has been in serious peril of actually falling off the bottom of the page.

To prevent this, I have taken a few screen captures from the Shediac zoning document showing planned expansions to the road network in the town:

This first image shows the new alignment for the 11/15 interchange on the west end of town. Construction of this new interchange has already begun.

This second image shows the plans to create an access/egress point onto Highway 15 from Chesley Street. This will not be a full interchange, but will help to ease congestion on Main Street by providing traffic with an alternate exit onto the highway. Of note is that there will be a roundabout on the north side of Highway 15 at the intersection of Chesley and an extended Breaux Bridge Street.

This third image shows plans to extend Breaux Bridge also to the east in order to connect to Ohio Road. Ohio of course leads to the second exit into town from Highway 15. Breaux Bridge therefore will parallel Main Street from Ohio to Chesley, which should also help in decompressing traffic on Main and should give local residents a most welcome alternate route across town instead of Main Street.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2016, 4:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
This was posted a while by by MonctonRad and shows the plans for the new interchange at Riverside/route 15 with a roundabout on the north side. This is what is being planned for the area.
Yes, but I don't think he was talking about that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benvui
I'll add that they have also cleared the land where the former NBPower building was on Ohio Rd for the new public works station and at the other end of town they have begun preparing the land for the traffic circle that will connect main street with the overpass to the new interchange and to Scoudouc. I've been really impressed with the work done this year on the new highway. For most of the summer it looked like there was nothing going on but the past 2 months has seen significant progress, very similar to last year.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2016, 4:42 PM

No, I was talking about the traffic circle that will connect Main street with highway 11 and the 132 heading south and what will become a service road as seen here

Old Posted Oct 31, 2016, 4:49 PM

My thoughts are that a lot of cars come flying through the traffic light by wilsons and the town of Shediac is putting up their own money to the project to make the roundabout. It also could have something to do with the current overpass being only a single lane.

Also has anyone noticed there is still going to be no legal way to go eastbound coming from the north.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2016, 5:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvui View Post
No, I was talking about the traffic circle that will connect Main street with highway 11 and the 132 heading south and what will become a service road as seen here
Interesting. I wonder why the town's plan is at odds with the province.
It's possible Josh is correct here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCatEyes
My thoughts are that a lot of cars come flying through the traffic light by wilsons and the town of Shediac is putting up their own money to the project to make the roundabout.
As far as:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCatEyes
Also has anyone noticed there is still going to be no legal way to go eastbound coming from the north.
I believe they'll get off at the "Shediac" exit, go around the roundabout, head for Scoudouc and turn left onto one of the remaining (existing) E-bound ramps from the 132 back onto the 15 to PEI, if that's what you mean (by Seaside).

Old Posted Oct 31, 2016, 5:55 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvui View Post
This is the most recent plan that I've seen, and yes I think this is the roundabout that benvui was talking about.

Quote:
I believe they'll get off at the "Shediac" exit, go around the roundabout, head for Scoudouc and turn left onto one of the remaining (existing) E-bound ramps from the 132 back onto the 15 to PEI, if that's what you mean (by Seaside).
Exactly, and a similar labyrinthine path will be necessary for PEI traffic heading to northern NB. They will have to exit the throughway completely, go through the roundabout and then have to get back on the on ramp to proceed to Route 11 (northbound).

Not an ideal solution, but tolerable. It will be aggravating for truck drivers. I hope they will make the roundabout large enough to accommodate their larger turning radius.........

Old Posted Oct 31, 2016, 6:20 PM

*edit*

Old Posted Oct 31, 2016, 6:21 PM

Should have thought of this when we first talked about the Highway realignment project. I wonder how this would impact the potential Harbour View Drive Commercial Development plan.

If it does impact it in any way.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2016, 6:45 PM

I see how the traffic circle works now. It should be interesting to see the amount of confusion this creates when it opens. I can predict many people wanting to go to the Seaside dealer or a short ways up 132, will end up on 15 West.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2016, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Interesting. I wonder why the town's plan is at odds with the province.
It's possible Josh is correct here:

As far as:

Yes but I believe that there is no left turn lane to get on that ramp. You have to turn around and go back towards the highway to get on.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2016, 7:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
Yes but I believe that there is no left turn lane to get on that ramp. You have to turn around and go back towards the highway to get on.
Yes there is... take a look on google maps and you can see where they already paved "between" the existing ramps.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2016, 9:23 PM

Quote:
Yes there is... take a look on google maps and you can see where they already paved "between" the existing ramps.
Ahhh gotcha. I don't go out that way much and didn't realize. They had road blocks for a little bit. I don't know why there isn't just single ramps on both sides of the road on the south side though. That would make the most sense to me anyway.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2016, 11:17 PM

I have looked at the maps in previous posts many times and a lot of things do not make sense. I hope everyone will have patience when this is open.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces