HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography

Old Posted Jul 15, 2009, 11:16 AM

^ Cute cat! He looks a bit like my cat, same color. It looks like he's having a great time. That shot with the cat and the deer is prizeless!

Old Posted Jul 15, 2009, 2:23 PM

Moo Moo on the left, J.J. on the right. They are brothers, a little over a year old, and both are Hemingways with extra toes.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2009, 6:47 PM
not a NIMBY

westcoast kitty

Old Posted Jul 25, 2009, 8:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimby View Post
westcoast kitty

What a beautiful cat. One thing about cats - they are great sleepers!

Old Posted Jul 25, 2009, 8:43 PM

Kramer in a thougtful moment.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2009, 8:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelumbus View Post
Moo Moo on the left, J.J. on the right. They are brothers, a little over a year old, and both are Hemingways with extra toes.

Great looking cats and great names

Old Posted Jul 25, 2009, 8:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
My cat Jodie died Saturday night, June 13th. He was young too, I figured he was only 29 months old. I'm heartbroken. What makes this even worse, is that my brother's Dalmatian, Penny, also passed away the week before that on June 5th. Two wonderful animals of our's gone in 8 days.
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...5&postcount=31

Jodie started acting funny Friday night. He didn't touch his food, which is rare for him. He usually eats it all. He had been going to his litterbox frequently. Male cats sometimes can have problems with their penis getting stuck outside the skin. He would lick down there and acted like it was uncomfortable. So I made sure he had food and water, though he wasn't interested in his food. And he took his foot and shoved his water bowl off the windowsill three times. That night he had some vomiting also. We were planning to take him to the vet on Monday, because our vet is closed on the weekend. But unfortunately, he passed away Saturday night at about 10 pm. Saturday afternoon he was just laying around, I thought he was maybe just resting. But I noticed he wanted to get up, and acted like he couldn't. So I went over and picked him up. I couldn't get hiim to stand up on his own. His legs were limp and he couldn't stand. I had felt around on him trying to see if and where he was in pain. He acted like the area around his genitals was tender, and his penis was partially out. So that's what me think he was having that problem. Saturday afternoon though I felt his side and felt a mass. I'm thinking it was either a bladder stone or else a kidney stone. I buried him Saturday night next to my brother's Dalmatian, Penny.

I'm heartbroken. We got Jodie from my sister's friend. Basically he was my sister's cat unofficially, but once she moved out she decided she couldn't take him. So he stayed here and basically became my cat. We got him in either October or November of 2007. Her friend said he was about 10 months old, so we figured he was born sometime around December of 2006, or January of 2007. So he was only about 2 1/2 years old when he died. Much too young. We had him for about a year and a half. In that time I fell in love with him and became very attached. Jodie was the sweetest cat. My sister's friend had raised him with a pitbull, so he was very comfortable around our miniature poodles. He would hang out with my two poodles Sophie and Lacy. The three of them followed me around like I was the pied piper. I'd go outside at night to let Sophie and Lacy out to go pee and poop, and Jodie would stand and look out the patio door and wait and meow. He'd run over to the windows in the living room and jump up in the windowsill and get on his hind legs with his front feet on the window and look out for me. He'd go back and forth doing that until I came back inside. I could go to myi room and he'd wait outside by the door. And he was there in the morning when I'd wake up. He'd hear me wake up and stirring in my room getting ready. And whenever we came home he was always waiting by the front door. Jodie was just as loyal as a dog. I've never had a cat that listened to you and obeyed commands like he did. He really tried to please you. He was a great lap kitty too. I've been crying like a little girl over losing him. It's especially rough after only a week before losing Penny too.

Jodie.

A favorite spot of his while I was on the forum. I can't believe that he's gone. He hung around the living room day in and day out keeping me company. I don't even want to be in here now that he's gone. The place feels so lonely. I keep expecting him to jump up in his window or to see him stretched out on the couch. I'm just in shock that he's gone. Unbelievable.

He was a good cat.
Hi!

I just went through the pictures of your cat again. He obviously had a great deal of character. Some of the pictures are priceless.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2009, 2:53 AM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Some photos of my new kitten, who I adopted yesterday as a playmate for my Bengal, Bulu. So far he's a scardey-cat, but that's okay. Hope he warms up to her soon! Oh yeah, her name is Mojave. She's a calico, but she's pretty much pure white with only a few calico markings... 3-4 months old, maybe 2 pounds. Sweet little girl, purrs like a machine... So cute!

Aaron (Glowrock)

------------------------------------------------------

Having a drink...

Staring at a few dropped kibbles in her water!

Adorable, isn't she?

Intrigued by a wire...

Too cute for words!

Mojave by my spare keyboard...

Sweetest kitten-face!

Old Posted Jul 27, 2009, 4:45 AM
Cat Enthusiast

Awwww, I love that second one, Glowrock!

My cat! Her name is Shorty and I have no idea what breed she is. But, she's 15 years old and still prowling around and hunting. Occasionally she likes to sun bath and.... well, be cat.

SSP Alabama Universities: Alabama - UAB - Alabama State

Old Posted Jul 27, 2009, 5:33 AM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

She's adorable! And thanks for the kind words on mine!

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted Jul 28, 2009, 6:30 AM
Cat Enthusiast

You're welcome And thanx!

Old Posted Jul 28, 2009, 11:03 PM
So very tired...

^ That last shot with the reflection is fantastic Alabadrock!

Snapped this quick one of my Zion last night after a walkabout:

Old Posted Aug 1, 2009, 2:57 PM
Oak City

There are around 60 decendants of Ernest Hemingway's cats living at the Hemingway house in Key West. About half of them are polydactyl - having extra toes.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2009, 3:42 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Glowrock-I love it when they look at the small chunks of food floating. Except my cat only likes wet food for some reason. Which I don't think is good for their teeth.

ANYWAYS!

Old Posted Aug 2, 2009, 5:57 AM
Cat Enthusiast

Old Posted Aug 3, 2009, 4:50 AM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
Glowrock-I love it when they look at the small chunks of food floating. Except my cat only likes wet food for some reason. Which I don't think is good for their teeth.

ANYWAYS!
Yeah, my Bengal, Bulu, only likes wet food. He'll eat dry food, but only if he's basically forced to!

But yeah, I think it's hilarious when they look at the kibbles floating in their water! Hahaha

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted Aug 3, 2009, 3:42 PM

I just came home after two weeks on the countryside. My cat loves the forest! And I love to walk with him there. He's happy and excited, but always keeps close to me, like a dog.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2009, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabadrock View Post

What a beautiful cat!

Old Posted Aug 3, 2009, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olga View Post
I just came home after two weeks on the countryside. My cat loves the forest! And I love to walk with him there. He's happy and excited, but always keeps close to me, like a dog.

Another beauty.

There used to be a couple who walked their cat down our street. It was really neat to watch as the cat always stayed very close to them. Almost like being on a leash but there wasn't one.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2009, 8:00 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
^I love it when my cat does the Kitty-bus/Rabbit/Chicken pose.^
Hah, I remember when the kitty I had when I was a kid sat on the couch and napped the day away in that pose. Or the bed. It was definitely her favorite pose. I miss my old cat...

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography