HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 4, 2018, 12:15 PM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIA View Post
So much potential, but it's comically bad what we're getting:

Watch out for the sealevel rise in that first pic.
I'm not seeing anything?

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Apr 11, 2018, 12:13 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
342 Johnston Ave New 8 story mixed-use building.
Rendering Revealed:

Credit: Jersey Digs

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 12:43 AM

I don't post too much anymore, but here is the latest

147-151 Academy Street, 8 floors, 69 units
167-169 Baldwin Avenue & 44-48 Newkirk Street, 12 floors, 140 units
220-238 Monticello Ave., 221-227 Fairmont Ave., 4-12 Fairview Ave., 10 floor mixed-use building with below ground parking
418-434 Palisade Avenue, 5 floors, 46 units

More mid-rises in the Journal Square area is a good thing. Looking at how the area is changing, the average weekday ridership so far in 2018 at the Journal Square PATH station is 25,493, up 13% from 22,542 the year before.

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
I'm not seeing anything?

Trust me. You're not missing anything. It could have very well been the most boring design in the entire NYC metro area, ever.

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 12:52 AM

Is this 33 Park or something new?

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 1:11 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:

Is this 33 Park or something new?
That's Liberty Harbor North.

Although on a side note, 33 Park will eventually have another tower for Phase II.

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 4:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
That's Liberty Harbor North.

Although on a side note, 33 Park will eventually have another tower for Phase II.
33 Park:

They look nearly identical. copy pasta

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 2:14 PM

Quote:
33 Park:

They look nearly identical. copy pasta
CIA - It is 33 Park, showing both Phase 1 and 2.

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 10:45 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted May 7, 2018, 11:43 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

JERSEY CITY | 391 Palisade Avenue (Gallery Lofts) | FT | 6 FLOORS

Project: Gallery Lofts

Quote:

Distinctively designed, generously sized residences will be outfitted with top of the line finishes and fixtures. Select homes feature terraces as well as Manhattan views. On-site parking is also available with many units.

Located at 391 Palisade Avenue, the building is well positioned to benefit from the rebirth of the once prominent retail corridor. With a slew of new restaurants, like Choc O Pan, Low Fidelity, and Pizza Vita, already open and more in the works, Palisade Avenue will soon become the jewel of the Heights.

For groceries and staples, residents have a choice between Supremo or Stop and Shop, both within a few blocks. Also, a short walk away are the 100 steps to Hoboken providing easy access to the Light Rail, PATH and endless shops and restaurants.

Hoboken-based Fields Construction is constructing the building. Fields, which has operated in Jersey City and Hoboken for decades, is now the go-to firm for developers expecting the best.
========================
JERSEYDIGS

Old Posted Jun 25, 2018, 9:50 PM

Wow. Big problems for 245 Newark

245 Newark Avenue Stalls as Developer and Officials Face-Off
https://jerseydigs.com/245-newark-av...ting-building/

Old Posted Jul 4, 2018, 9:56 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Project Update: New renderings for The Oakman Phase II

Extra Info:

Quote:
Phase II, located at 175 2nd Street, replaces a private parking lot with frontage on both 2nd Street and Marin Blvd. The building’s facade is comprised of elegant white brick, zinc alucobond, and bone white alucobond that are arranged in alternating fins and metal panels. The effect is a modest departure from the red-bricked structures surrounding the new project.

When complete, Phase II will rise a total 14 stories. Ground levels will house over 4,600 square feet of retail, as well as parking accommodations for future occupants. Frontage on 2nd Street features a large, overhead bi-fold storefront creating a dramatic public entrance to future retail tenants.

The residential component will contain 150 condo units and a full suite of hotel-inspired amenities. While amenity components are currently under development, a rooftop pool and multiple outdoor terraces are confirmed.
Credit: NYY

Old Posted Oct 2, 2018, 4:38 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

I just thought this collage was cool. Not accurate, as its a collage in terms of scale, but a little collection of some JC towers.

Took a screenshot.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2018, 12:01 AM

What's that tall tower in the following link, about midway down the page.

https://www.cityrealty.com/nyc/jerse...n-street/75574

Old Posted Oct 21, 2018, 3:11 PM

Quote:
What's that tall tower in the following link, about midway down the page.

https://www.cityrealty.com/nyc/jerse...n-street/75574
It's on the 55 Hudson lot owned by Goldman Sachs that had been talked about as a 95 story office or mixed use project. It may well be merely a vision or placeholder, but appears around 1,200 ft...a massive one! I don't know if something that size would fly with the FAA, pardon the pun, being that they nixed anything over 900ft for 99 Hudson(and the tower that's building built there is 899ft)but I sure liked the size and mass! And also, next door to the Goldman Sachs back office(30 Hudson) there is room for another significant tower...mixed use or residential, and I thought I read a couple years back the available square footage it could yield was a little under 800,000 square feet. The address for that one would be 50 Hudson, and the developable square footage of the one at 50 Hudson was a bit shy of a million.

Last edited by citybooster; Oct 22, 2018 at 4:00 AM.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2018, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybooster View Post
It's on the 55 Hudson lot owned by Goldman Sachs that had been talked about as a 95 story office or mixed use project. It may well be merely a vision or placeholder, but appears around 1,200 ft...a massive one! I don't know if something that size would fly with the FAA, pardon the pun, being that they nixed anything over 900ft for 55 Hudson(and the tower that's building built there is 899ft)but I sure liked the size and mass! And also, next door to the Goldman Sachs back office(30 Hudson) there is room for another significant tower...mixed use or residential, and I thought I read a couple years back the available square footage it could yield was a little under 800,000 square feet. The address for that one would be 50 Hudson, and the developable square footage of the one at 50 Hudson was a bit shy of a million.
Hey citybooster,

First time poster! I don't know if this has been discussed before, but is 30 Hudson the lot where the colgate sign is? If not, is something planned for that? I was always surprised nothing was built there.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2018, 4:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon905 View Post
Hey citybooster,

First time poster! I don't know if this has been discussed before, but is 30 Hudson the lot where the colgate sign is? If not, is something planned for that? I was always surprised nothing was built there.
It's right across from Goldman Sachs(30 Hudson)… the Colgate sign is part of a park that is planned right by the waterfront if I remember correctly. Welcome and keep posting, love to hear thoughts and perspectives on Jersey City developments!

Old Posted Oct 28, 2018, 1:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybooster View Post
It's right across from Goldman Sachs(30 Hudson)… the Colgate sign is part of a park that is planned right by the waterfront if I remember correctly. Welcome and keep posting, love to hear thoughts and perspectives on Jersey City developments!
Thank you! I appreciate it. I actually had another question. Are there any plans to build in front of the Ellipse building? I passed that site on the dock and it's just dirt and trash. Not sure if it's going to be a park, a high rise, etc.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2018, 2:56 PM

A random thought -- but the Bayfront neighborhood where the city will be acting as a master developer technically has no height or density limits. There are recommendations based on low-demand or high-demand, but the report is clear that the final density will be market driven.

The city owns 99 acres of land with no density limits, has bonds of $170 million in needs to pay off, and promises to build thousands of affordable housing units. Hmmm...

Old Posted Nov 5, 2018, 6:14 PM

Quote:
A random thought -- but the Bayfront neighborhood where the city will be acting as a master developer technically has no height or density limits. There are recommendations based on low-demand or high-demand, but the report is clear that the final density will be market driven.

The city owns 99 acres of land with no density limits, has bonds of $170 million in needs to pay off, and promises to build thousands of affordable housing units. Hmmm...
I love where your mind is going with this, and I live very close to the development. Of all the plans I've seen, I don't see anything above 15 stories and most 5-10. They want to make it 35% affordable, about 2,500 of the 8,000 units eventually planned... and it makes sense to encourage mixed income neighborhoods instead of segregating housing by neighborhoods. I just don't think they are going to wind up going this way, unless you have more than just an inkling or hunch.

Wanted to add that it's great to see you on, missed our Jersey City briefings by our very own CIA As reported in another Jersey City development related site, am hearing that Mack Cali still intends to start 25 Columbus by the end of the year. Hoping you have some more tidbit and info about this and other projects.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations