HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Apr 16, 2019, 6:56 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

That YIMBY article had the title changed to: Fortis Announces One Seaport, Aka 161 Maiden Lane, To Be Structurally Safe Despite Alleged Lean, In The Financial District

Was edited versus the original article published at 0800 today (4-16-19).

The way it was written signified no construction, but it appears that its commencing. Article was edited as well in the body.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2019, 3:00 PM

It's been explained to me that the structure is not in fact "leaning" but rather "twisting" due to poor alignment of the slabs during the concrete pour. To clarify, it's not actually twisting either but appears that way because floor slabs do not line up straight from one floor to the next. This is creating a nightmare for the glaziers as their panels were fabricated on the plans and the field conditions are proving to be way off those specs which is why I suspect they have to go back and refit the entire curtain wall system floor by floor. Insane. I guess we'll see what happens next...

Old Posted Apr 18, 2019, 4:20 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2019, 4:57 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHaj View Post
It's been explained to me that the structure is not in fact "leaning" but rather "twisting" due to poor alignment of the slabs during the concrete pour. To clarify, it's not actually twisting either but appears that way because floor slabs do not line up straight from one floor to the next. This is creating a nightmare for the glaziers as their panels were fabricated on the plans and the field conditions are proving to be way off those specs which is why I suspect they have to go back and refit the entire curtain wall system floor by floor. Insane. I guess we'll see what happens next...
I wonder if its enough to put this project in the negative from a P/L standpoint given the extra hard costs associated with that, which would be very expensive floor-by-floor.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2019, 9:42 AM

Old Posted Apr 23, 2019, 3:33 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 17, 2019, 4:08 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted May 17, 2019, 9:12 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

On the left.

Credit: FC

Old Posted May 20, 2019, 5:28 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted May 21, 2019, 5:29 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

The phallic flamingo float sure is making it's rounds on SSP this week...
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted May 21, 2019, 4:24 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHaj View Post

thank you very much for that explanation.

i will pass it along to my spouse.

she and her co-workers and others will be very glad to hear that this building will not be tipping over into their office building next door!

Old Posted Jun 1, 2019, 6:33 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: Tectonic

Old Posted Jul 13, 2019, 2:17 AM
New Yorker for life

JULY 1, 2019

Old Posted Jul 13, 2019, 3:01 AM
DENNAB

What's the deal with this building? It's an eyesore without the cladding, and progress seems to have been stalled for months.

I wonder what they've done/can do about the leaning, which is obviously much more serious (or maybe not since I'm sure a lot of buildings lean a little)

Old Posted Jul 21, 2019, 11:11 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

P1190629 by papaniko, on Flickr

Old Posted Jul 29, 2019, 12:13 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

P1040039 by Jerry Quartley, on Flickr

Old Posted Jul 31, 2019, 10:14 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Façade Work Resumes At One Seaport, Aka 161 Maiden Lane, In The Financial District

Quote:
Installation of the reflective glass curtain wall of One Seaport, aka 161 Maiden Lane, is finally progressing in the Financial District. The slender, reinforced concrete superstructure stands 60 stories high and is located to the immediate south of the South Street Seaport District. The 200,000-square-foot project is being designed by Hill West Architects and developed by Fortis Property Group LLC, with Ray Builders as the current contractor. Groves & Co is serving as the interior designer and Douglas Elliman is handling sales of the units.

New photos from the Brooklyn Bridge show the glass envelope rising up the slim eastern profile. Façade work has yet to begin on the northern wall.

The glass on the eastern façade is several stories away from the double-height floors, which will be occupied by penthouses that overlook Brooklyn, the Brooklyn Bridge, the East River, and the rising sun. Residents facing west will have views of the World Trade Center and the historic Lower Manhattan skyscrapers like 70 Pine Street, 40 Wall Street, and 20 Exchange Place.

A completion date for One Seaport has not been announced yet, but façade work will likely be completely sometime next year.
===========
NYY

Old Posted Jul 31, 2019, 10:35 PM
DENNAB

Finally, this thing is an eyesore, those renderings in the article look cool though

Quote:
A completion date for One Seaport has not been announced yet, but façade work will likely be completely sometime next year.
They really need some better editors at NY YIMBY

Old Posted Aug 1, 2019, 1:57 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 8:48 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Pic by me. Taken today.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction