HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

53W53 in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted May 18, 2015, 4:36 PM
Ex Houstonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post

Holy Mother Marry and dear baby Jesus, thats amazing.

Old Posted May 18, 2015, 9:09 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Updated Verre Renderings and models (rooms) from Bloomberg:

Credit: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...to-nyc-skyline

Old Posted May 18, 2015, 9:27 PM
Ex Houstonian

Ive always wondered in these supertall residential towers, who would want to live in them on like the lower floors that hardly have a view? Im sure the prices are still extremely ridiculous, but why would you pay that if you dont have a view like the top floors have? Maybe just so you can say I live in Tower Verre or 432 Park Place.

Old Posted May 18, 2015, 9:41 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Some purchase such units purely as an investment property. With prices rising overtime, a unit on the 5th or 6th floor can skyrocket over time. One57 for example had several units that where purchased as investments versus for purely living.

The stark reality is that many of these supertall ultra-luxury residential will sit empty most of the time. The same way houses in Bermuda that the ultra-wealthy buy sit empty. Even in the nearby Plaza Hotel, which has units for living, many of them are vacant most of the time. Wealthy people often by 4 to 5 properties and every couple of months alternate on where he or she lives.

The billionaire who built that skyscraper for himself in Mumbai doesn't actually use it 365 days. Numerous properties around the world give options.

Old Posted May 27, 2015, 4:28 AM

First concrete.

Old Posted May 27, 2015, 7:28 PM
Certified Idahoan

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILNY View Post
First concrete.

Old Posted May 28, 2015, 12:08 AM
don't *meddle*...

http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2015/0...gs_pricing.php

Jean Nouvel's MoMA Tower Unveils More Renderings, Pricing
Wednesday, May 27, 2015, by Hana R. Alberts

Quote:
Sales at the MoMA Tower, which has been in the works since 2006, are set to launch any day now. Jean Nouvel, the French starchitect responsible for the 1,050-foot supertall sporting an angular exoskeleton, gave a video interview earlier this month that revealed some new renderings and a peek at a model apartment. But now the teaser site itself is updated with fresh views of the building, and BuzzBuzzHome has uncovered pricing for 16 units even though there are no active sales listings to be found.

So far, the cheapest unit is a 1,428-square-foot one-bedroom, 1.5-bath asking $3.18 million. It's on the 20th floor. The least expensive two-bedroom, on the 31st floor, wants $10.95 million for its 3,558 square feet. On the 28th floor, a $7.685 million three-bedroom has 3.5 bathrooms and 2,691 square feet. The most expensive unit we know of right now takes up the 63rd floor, filling 6,786 square feet with four bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms. The price tag? $50.9 million. This newly announced tower on Central Park South will apparently block many of the lower units' views—**but this is a day nine years in the making, so let's focus on the good stuff.
** He means 1 Park Lane, which would block Verre.

Old Posted May 28, 2015, 2:37 AM

it will be beautiful, but is it really considered under construction before a actual crane is erected?i thought that was one of the most important things that has to be established before they list it as actually under construction around here?!? hmm.

Old Posted May 28, 2015, 4:18 AM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteford View Post
it will be beautiful, but is it really considered under construction before a actual crane is erected?i thought that was one of the most important things that has to be established before they list it as actually under construction around here?!? hmm.
From the guidelines:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M II A II R II K View Post
If a proposal starts construction but goes unnoticed by the moderation team, feel free to post in here to request it be moved.

Site preparation or merely just digging the foundation doesn't count as contruction starting, since digging a hole is just that, digging a hole. And plus any construction taking place within a foundation that pertains only to the excavation doesn't count either, since that's not construction for the actual building itself.

• Foundation work includes the implementation of permanent foundation components such as the drilling of caissons, etc.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2015, 10:25 PM
don't *meddle*...

Old Posted Jun 3, 2015, 10:32 PM

Of course I'd love to live in the building.... but i have to critique all the irregular beams and columns interrupting the floor plans and window views. You have a great view of Central Park but some floors have beams going halfway through the window. How is pricing affected by this?

Old Posted Jun 5, 2015, 6:46 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverly Hills Nimby View Post
Of course I'd love to live in the building.... but i have to critique all the irregular beams and columns interrupting the floor plans and window views. You have a great view of Central Park but some floors have beams going halfway through the window. How is pricing affected by this?
Yes, you have a point. This is unusual, because it is usually the views that are prioritized over the exterior design. I have a feeling that this will be a unique tower in that sense. Most developers will want to make their windows open and clear all the way across and will sacrifice unusual designs to please their future residents. If it weren't for the stunning and heralded design of the great and renowned Monsieur Nouvel, I think a boxy tower allowing for clear views would be rising right now.

I am sure pricing will come into this. If I were the developers, I think I would definitely had made sure that the windows had full and open views like other towers going up, it just makes more competitive sense.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2015, 2:54 PM

Where the cross beam connect to the verticals, there is barely any window space left. If they're smart, they'll design the floor plan to make things like that into bathrooms or something similar where it won't be noticed as much.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2015, 5:12 PM

Looks great.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2015, 2:05 AM

Hmmmmm i think........

I think this needs 2 b in chicaaaaaago!

Old Posted Jun 8, 2015, 4:50 PM
Is That LEGO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverly Hills Nimby View Post
Ask the residents of the John Hancock Center. Crossbeams are worth more.

I tend to think these spaces look too small and intimate for the hefty exterior beams. Perhaps it's just a false perception from the limited pictures we are being shown.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2015, 1:14 AM
BANNED

This is Rome in the first year of our Lord, lads!

Old Posted Jun 12, 2015, 6:40 PM
N40° 46.8925', W073° 57.3

The Website has fully launched!
http://www.53w53.com/

Old Posted Jun 14, 2015, 7:24 AM
New Yorker for life

JUNE 13, 2015

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2015, 10:32 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
The Website has fully launched!
http://www.53w53.com/

I understand why Larry eliminated some of the cross-bracing from 3 WTC. It looks amazing from the outside but not from the inside.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive