HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 7:18 PM

1000% a resident lobby is better than the literal death trap that the old valet parking situation was. Remember someone died after getting pinned by a car. And I believe both corners will still be retail. Win, win win. We all win.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketsWork View Post
Albeit, this "dead zone" will add another thousand permanent residents that will help fill "live zones" nearby. Adaptation underway...
Even with 1,000 residents in the tower above, the sidewalk presence will still be dead unless there's a restaurant/bar/coffee bar with outdoor seating. That's what bothers me the most about the new residential towers that don't include small-format retail spaces like the Metropolis condos on Peachtree where you have a UPS Store, Fado's Pub, Jimmy Johns and a bunch of other stores that make for a very engaging front. As a pedestrian, you feel like you can actually window shop along that stretch of Peachtree. Grand lobbies are a waste in our built environment.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2023, 3:35 PM
Topher’s 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
Wow. Another giant empty lobby and another parking deck. The old oaks gone, and 2 lively neighborhood bars gone.

Bigger is not always better. ATL needs to figure that out. A lot of these new developments are taking lively places and turning them into dead zones.
The bars were closing anyway, and they were asked to join the development. They declined.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2023, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSangha View Post
The bars were closing anyway, and they were asked to join the development. They declined.
Is that a done deal? I was under the impression Metrotainment hadn't committed either way yet.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2023, 6:39 PM

If they didn’t commit upfront then they aren’t going to join later. Think about it….

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Jul 4, 2023, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSangha View Post
Are we sure this is accurate?

Old Posted Jul 4, 2023, 9:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
Wow, this looks identical to Momentum Midtown (1018 West Peachtree). Only a slight lighter facade.
It does in some ways! But I'll take these type of developments over a lot of what we've seen over the years in midtown (Novare).

Old Posted Jul 5, 2023, 1:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlHeel View Post
It does in some ways! But I'll take these type of developments over a lot of what we've seen over the years in midtown (Novare).
For what it's worth, without the Novare projects we wouldn't have this project or any of the others. They were among the first to do urban high-rise apartments in the city and proved that model could work in Atlanta.

I'll also echo jayden, I did get these two project confused for a minute. I just drove by the Spring St project and was confused when I saw this one had just broke ground. I was like "No, it's deff a lot higher in the sky than just breaking ground, what gives" lol

Old Posted Jul 5, 2023, 2:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newuserbuckhead View Post
For what it's worth, without the Novare projects we wouldn't have this project or any of the others. They were among the first to do urban high-rise apartments in the city and proved that model could work in Atlanta.
It is crazy how much that funny Skyhouse building on West Peachtree catalyzed. We talked endlessly about it on this forum when it was built, and there was tons of disbelief that their rents (approaching $3/SF at the time) could ever be sustained in a city like Atlanta. People deride the building now for its standalone parking garage, but it was seen as a daring bet in 2013 or whatever and I can't really hate the building considering its place in Atlanta's development history.

The Skyhouse model was replicated numerous times across ATL, and built in Tampa, Houston, Raleigh, Charlotte, etc. It paved the way for a new format of real estate project that was absent throughout an entire region of the country. Before that, only condo buildings could deliver all of the amenities and onsite parking in a highrise, while apartments were relegated to stick-built 5-over-1s.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2023, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post
If they didn’t commit upfront then they aren’t going to join later. Think about it….
I thought maybe they were drilling down on their due diligence, especially considering this firms nonexistent urban development experience.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2023, 1:53 AM

Old Posted Jul 7, 2023, 6:04 PM

Glad they're building the two buildings simultaneously.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2023, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaguy View Post
I thought maybe they were drilling down on their due diligence, especially considering this firms nonexistent urban development experience.
Those guys all came from Greystar, one of the largest developers in the country, so there is plenty of experience.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2023, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
Those guys all came from Greystar, one of the largest developers in the country, so there is plenty of experience.
Good to know!

Old Posted Mar 8, 2024, 12:39 AM
Kev K

Preview of the brick veneer for the tower on the old Einstein’s site. A bit lighter color than I had expected

Old Posted Mar 8, 2024, 1:57 AM

I prefer that lighter color than the darker ones in the rendering. It brings a nice contrast to th pwc building.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2024, 11:02 AM

Old Posted Mar 8, 2024, 3:16 PM

For some reason I thought this was going to have a metal or composite facade like we've seen on a bunch of other projects recently. Brick will be nice. Is it going all the way up, or just for the podium?

Old Posted Mar 8, 2024, 5:08 PM
Kev K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner_Terminus View Post
Is it going all the way up, or just for the podium?
This was just covering the podium so far.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2024, 5:42 PM

In the renderings, the podium is lighter than the towers. I do believe the towers will be darker based on what we have seen.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta