HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 29, 2014, 2:04 AM

Great update Urbannizer.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2014, 3:09 AM
Meh

Crest at Pearl and Pointe on Rio are nice looking buildings. And that's good to see that Capitol Commons has started construction. That building is almost 10 years in the making. That makes 16 high rises that are under construction right now with that one starting.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 4:04 PM

I think it's a shame that seven couldn't stay that pale green. It actually looked very pretty imo.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2014, 6:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin242 View Post
I think it's a shame that seven couldn't stay that pale green. It actually looked very pretty imo.
I 'm with you! I thought it would have been a good alternative to all the "Neutral" colors in town.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2014, 2:43 PM

Boy skyline sure has changed since '02!
http://www.austin360.com/gallery/ent...gCNT8/#6161437

Old Posted Oct 2, 2014, 3:19 PM
~Hook'em~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Country View Post
Here's my latest list of Austin's tallest projects. I've included every building that I know of that is 100' and/or 10 stories. There are some Travis County and University of Texas buildings that may be 100', but I don't have their height information.
I hope you don't mind but I added that to the first post of the tread.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2014, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
Boy skyline sure has changed since '02!
http://www.austin360.com/gallery/ent...gCNT8/#6161437
Good grief!! That old skyline looks mangy! Amazing how the city has changed and grown up in 12 years.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 3:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotliz View Post
Good grief!! That old skyline looks mangy! Amazing how the city has changed and grown up in 12 years.
Yeah it almost looks sad and pathetic lol. New Austin skyline laughs @ old Austin skyline. And even newer Austin skyline in 20 years will do the same

Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 4:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
Yeah it almost looks sad and pathetic lol. New Austin skyline laughs @ old Austin skyline. And even newer Austin skyline in 20 years will do the same
More like in three years we will laugh. No need to wait 20.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Last edited by The ATX; Oct 3, 2014 at 4:57 AM.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 4:17 AM
Voice of the Modern World

The amount of construction in Austin seems to have slowed down. Honestly the projects we're waiting around for have been "almost breaking ground" for like 2 years now. See the Fairmont, Seaholm, and a few others for example.

There's a lot going on but it's glaringly less optimistic in Austin now than 2 years ago IMO.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 4:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N90 View Post
The amount of construction in Austin seems to have slowed down. Honestly the projects we're waiting around for have been "almost breaking ground" for like 2 years now. See the Fairmont, Seaholm, and a few others for example.

There's a lot going on but it's glaringly less optimistic in Austin now than 2 years ago IMO.
It's actually quite the opposite, I walked around the whole city today and every corner had some type of construction, weather be renovating some abandon building, or constructing some 20 story tower.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 4:56 AM

100 Congress renovations

I'm really digging the new glass.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 4:57 AM
Rundberg & I35

Quote:

Seaholm is under construction as we speak. Fairmont is breaking ground on December 1st. 5th/Colorado, 7th/Colorado, and the Greenwater office tower are all goes. There are numerous other projects as well in all stages of development.....I don't see how this would be considered a slow down.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 5:00 AM

Quote:

The Fairmont, yes. Seaholm, no. Seaholm has been U/C for a year. You seem to be suffering from that impatient skyscraper nerd time scale that afflicts so many of us.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 5:18 AM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by East7thStreet View Post
Seaholm is under construction as we speak. Fairmont is breaking ground on December 1st. 5th/Colorado, 7th/Colorado, and the Greenwater office tower are all goes. There are numerous other projects as well in all stages of development.....I don't see how this would be considered a slow down.

I always mix up Greenwater with Seaholm. I have a hard time differentiating them in thought. What about the Rainey Street towers and the Waller Center towers? The planetarium? When do these finally start?

I've also heard rumblings that Fairmont possibly wasn't going to get off the ground. Delighted to hear that's wrong, that's the best of these towers IMO. How definite?

Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 5:29 AM

Pictures I took around town today

Colorado Tower

5th + Colorado Tower

JW Marriott

Stream Reality Partners & The Westin

Garage Portion

Littlefield Quarters bottom floor renovations

The entire bottom floor has been completely gutted, I was going to take a picture inside but felt uncomfortable with all those construction workers eyeballing me. Anyways I'm shocked how massive it is inside.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 5:32 AM

Quote:
I always mix up Greenwater with Seaholm. I have a hard time differentiating them in thought. What about the Rainey Street towers and the Waller Center towers? The planetarium? When do these finally start?

I've also heard rumblings that Fairmont possibly wasn't going to get off the ground. Delighted to hear that's wrong, that's the best of these towers IMO. How definite?
You're are not keeping up with the project threads in the Austin sub-forum. The Planetarium Tower is long since dead because it would have been on state land, and the state did not want to play nice. The Waller towers are on schedule. The Rainey St. towers are moving along with no interruption to any publicly announced time frames. The only towers that I can think of off the top of my head that have had serious delays are the Fairmont and the Hotel ZaZa. But if you check the threads for those projects in the Austin sub-forum, things are looking good for those as well.

There are too many projects to keep up with in a single compilation thread. You have to check the threads for each project in the Austin sub-forum.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 5:32 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Country View Post
You're are not keeping up with the project threads in the Austin sub-forum. The Planetarium Tower is long since dead because it would have been on state land, and the state did not want to play nice. The Waller towers are on schedule. The Rainey St. towers are moving along with no interruption to any publicly announced time frames. The only towers that I can think of off the top of my head that have had serious delays are the Fairmont and the Hotel ZaZa. But if you check the threads for those projects in the Austin sub-forum, things are looking good for those as well.

There are too many projects to keep up with in a single compilation thread. You have to check the threads for each project in the Austin sub-forum.
Austin sub forum?

What?

Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 5:34 AM

You were busy today Jon. Taking pictures and helping UT students and whatnot.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 5:37 AM

Quote:
Austin sub forum?

What?
Several cities have there own sub-forums on SSP. They are not hard to find. The Austin forumers don't post most project info in the threads out side of the sub-forum.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations