HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 3:19 PM
life is good

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 9:24 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
Im not sure how its really a bumpy start when Uber alerted everyone that it would take a few weeks to ramp up service. I used it and it was seemless. Anyways, I wish the cancun service was at least twice a week.

Also here is a view of the new lighting scheme for the Smoothie King Center. I think its looking great!

http://djsnola.tumblr.com/post/98855804724

http://djsnola.tumblr.com/post/98854989024

Last edited by tennis1400; Oct 1, 2014 at 2:39 AM.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 3:34 AM

The lighting scheme looks good. Also, I agree that I wish the new service to Cancun was twice weekly. If it performs well, maybe they will add a second flight.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 1:51 PM

Booty's Team Will Open Ursa Major in The Paramount in 2015

Quote:
Booty's Street Food owners Kevin Farrell and Nick Vivion will expand with Ursa Major, an international small plates and craft cocktail restaurant for stargazers, coming to The Paramount (611 O'Keefe) in the CBD's upcoming South Market District early next year. Ursa Major will also serve as the building's poolside food provider.The location will be on the corner of Lafayette and O'Keefe, adjacent to the Civic Theatre.

Ursa Major will join recently announced Magasin Kitchen, and likely Blaze Pizza at The Paramount.
http://nola.eater.com/2014/9/30/6874...-the-paramount

Why the drib drab rollout of tenants?

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 3:27 PM
-

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-chop View Post

http://nola.eater.com/2014/9/30/6874...-the-paramount

Why the drib drab rollout of tenants?
Probably to give each tenant the spotlight for a day. You release them all in one day and your out of the headlines really quick. This way you can stretch it out.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 5:35 PM
life is good

Mid City bookstore gears for grand opening
http://midcitymessenger.com/2014/10/...grand-opening/

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 6:13 PM

The city has restarted the RFP process to redevelop the WTC. Given that they dumped Gatehouse at the altar, I'm not sure how many developers would be willing to put up with that b.s. this time around. In my opinion, the city should sell the building to whoever wants to redevelop the site.

http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...gain_on_e.html

Quote:
The City of New Orleans is launching another effort to bring the vacant former World Trade Center building, sitting on the city's prime riverfront real estate, back into use.

Since the late 1990s, negotiations with developers over long-term leases for the 33-story tower have failed three times. Most recently, after a months-long selection process, the city broke off talks in April with Gatehouse Capital Corp., which had hopes of turning the building into apartments and a hotel.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 6:23 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlidellWx View Post
The city has restarted the RFP process to redevelop the WTC. Given that they dumped Gatehouse at the altar, I'm not sure how many developers would be willing to put up with that b.s. this time around. In my opinion, the city should sell the building to whoever wants to redevelop the site.

Agreed they should have just sold it and the garage!. Also, the change this time is they are doing an RFQ (request for Qualifications) first. This is the way it should be done ... so that you make sure that people are qualified to give you what you want first. Then they will send out the RFP(request for proposals) in November or December.

Heres a link to the RFQ:

http://www.purchasing.cityofno.com/b...Url=activeBids

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 6:37 PM
life is good

Yeah I don't know who would fool with them at this point. Just auction it off (no non-profits allowed!) to the highest bidder.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 6:41 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
Yeah I don't know who would fool with them at this point. Just auction it off (no non-profits allowed!) to the highest bidder.
I really liked the idea of giving it to the firefighters pension fund and relinquishing their suit against the city for the pension fund. The firefighters would have a much greater incentive at that point to get it into commerce. In some ways I hope no one responds to the RFQ.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 6:44 PM
life is good

Hmm, that is a good idea.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 8:48 PM

South Market Tenants

While they might be slow rolling the anouncements they sure are getting quality, local establishments (outside of Blaze).

Way better than a subway, nail salon, and GameStop...

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 8:51 PM
life is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternSon View Post
While they might be slow rolling the anouncements they sure are getting quality, local establishments (outside of Blaze).
Agreed, everything seems top-notch. Well done Domain Cos

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 10:32 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlidellWx View Post

Old Posted Oct 2, 2014, 6:09 PM

Looks like construction work on Factors Row's conversion to apartments is starting up in earnest.

I noticed two or three weeks ago a couple guys taking out the large windows of the building that faced Perdido. Now I see they put up those interlocking, plastic barriers on the sidewalks around the building (Carondelet and Perdido).

I don't have Flickr/Instagram/Tumblr or anything so can't post a picture sadly...

Old Posted Oct 2, 2014, 6:24 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderOz View Post
Looks like construction work on Factors Row's conversion to apartments is starting up in earnest.

I noticed two or three weeks ago a couple guys taking out the large windows of the building that faced Perdido. Now I see they put up those interlocking, plastic barriers on the sidewalks around the building (Carondelet and Perdido).

I don't have Flickr/Instagram/Tumblr or anything so can't post a picture sadly...
If you message me you can email me the pics and ill post them for you

Photo from today of Factors Row Construction (Courtesy of FENDEROZ)

Last edited by tennis1400; Oct 2, 2014 at 8:04 PM.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2014, 8:23 PM

Good to see this project moving forward.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 1:43 PM

1240 Camp st, the former Tara Shaw building, finally sold at $1,500,000 and they started gutting it just a few days ago.

Anyone know whats going in it? or the permits that were filed?

Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 2:36 PM

Pretty Cool!

MEDIA ADVISORY
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
10/03/2014
CITY LAUNCHES NOTICEME, A NEW ONLINE TOOL FOR RECEIVING
EARLY NOTIFICATION OF LAND-USE CHANGES

NEW ORLEANS, LA – Today, the City of New Orleans launched a new early notification online tool to inform citizens of land-use information and of opportunities for public comment on proposed land-use changes. The NoticeMe app, now available at noticeme.nola.gov, generates custom emails filtered by meeting date, geography, and type of issue. Citizens can choose to receive notifications from one or more specific areas including by Council District, self-reported neighborhood association boundaries, or a custom area. Citizens can also specify how often they would like to receive emails. NoticeMe was designed to complement the success of City’s Neighborhood Participation Program for Land Use Actions which was adopted in 2012. The New Orleans City Planning Commission Office, Mayor’s Office of Neighborhood Engagement, Mayor’s Innovation Delivery Team, and Office of Information Technology & Innovation collaborated to develop the application as part of an ongoing effort to improve customer service.

Click here to sign up for NoticeMe

TODAY, New Orleans City Planning Commission staff will hold a demonstration of NoticeMe for the media in the City’s One Stop Shop in City Hall, 1300 Perdido Street, 7th floor at 10:00 a.m.

“Since taking office in 2010, we have been committed to providing an open and transparent government that responds to the needs of our citizens,” Mayor Mitch Landrieu said. “In doing so, it is not uncommon for the average citizen to feel overwhelmed by the amount of information available to them and the number of public meetings scheduled. NoticeMe is an innovative tool that empowers our citizens to custom search by geographic location the specific information they need to stay informed on land-use changes anywhere in New Orleans.”

Citizens who register for NoticeMe will receive email notices of public hearing schedules and when a report is ready. Types of notifications include board actions related to:
• City Planning Commission (CPC) notifications for Conditional Use requests, Zoning Changes, Text Amendments, and Major Subdivision;
• Board of Zoning Adjustments (BZA) notifications for Variance and Decision Appeals; and
• Safety & Permits notifications for Zoning Verifications and Non-Conforming Use Determinations

Last edited by tylerbydesign; Oct 3, 2014 at 2:36 PM. Reason: Added Hyperlink

Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalia View Post
1240 Camp st, the former Tara Shaw building, finally sold at $1,500,000 and they started gutting it just a few days ago.

Anyone know whats going in it? or the permits that were filed?
just posted:

http://canalstreetbeat.com/retail-sp...-lower-garden/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations