HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 10, 2021, 5:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old&New View Post
How is this troll not banned yet? This poser account is really Waimea who was banned, came back as Future _ _ Mayor, and was banned again. Please, everyone, report “New&Old” to the moderator. The account was created by Waimea, who was banned.
I was wondering about that account. Some people have too much time on their hands.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2021, 7:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedikermit View Post
Does anyone have any information on a multifamily building being built on 1200 East and approximately 1950 South in Sugar House? It's just north of the seven story Irving Heights building, and they just demolished a house and parking lot, just trying to find out what's going in there.
https://citizenportal.slcgov.com/Cit...howInspection=

That's the 12th East apartments.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2021, 1:47 PM

'Worthington Tower' - Commercial Building Permit

255 S 200 E

I know some of you were concerned that Worthington Tower had been downsized. Well, Convexity Investment Management, LLC has filed a Commercial Building Permit with Salt Lake City this week for a:

Quote:
New 31 story residential tower
So that seems to me like confirmation that the rumor it had been reduced was incorrect.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2021, 6:01 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Amazing View Post

255 S 200 E

I know some of you were concerned that Worthington Tower had been downsized. Well, Convexity Investment Management, LLC has filed a Commercial Building Permit with Salt Lake City this week for a:

So that seems to me like confirmation that the rumor it had been reduced was incorrect.

This is great news. Hopefully it all works out. Having a tower at that location will bring a whole different feel.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Right, I think he was the one that demolished the Newhouse and the Terrace in the 80s. And yeah, City Creek Reserve owns it currently and Makid has mentioned that any development is probably still a ways off. I just think it's fun to spitball about it because it is such a black eye on the face of SLC.

I don't remember if visualization has been shared here before. I remember this video being shown in the PC Meeting back when the Post District was approved.

whoa, are there plans for a trax line on 4th West?? Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I'm new here!

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 1:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockies View Post
whoa, are there plans for a trax line on 4th West?? Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I'm new here!
The Granary Streetcar will run along 4th West to 9th South. Trax will utilize this as well and would turn on 7th South to create the outer loop. The inner loop will happen when Trax is extended on 4th South to 6th West.

I think both are in the 2035 to 2045 range before any work happens on the lines.

Welcome to the forum.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 5:33 AM
Space Magi

Update from the rooftop of 650 Main, 6th and Main across the street:

Source

Also, the official HKS Instagram shared some renderings of the Kensington tower a few weeks ago. The first one is one we have already seen but without the watermark, which is nice. There are also a couple interior renders.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMm7mrAs3uV/

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 1:42 PM

CW Urban - Coming Summer 2021 - The Ellie at 359 N. 700 W.

- 24 Modern Townhomes

- 2 - 3 Bedrooms, 2 1/2 Baths

- 1587 - 1839 Sq. ft. finished

https://builtbycw.com/our-projects/theellie/

CW Urban - Coming Fall 2021 - The Abbie at 1739 So. Main St.

- 13 Modern Townhomes, 2 floor plans

- 3 Bedrooms, 3 Baths

- 1544 - 1748 Sq. ft. finished

https://builtbycw.com/our-projects/theabbie/

CW Urban - Coming Fall 2021 - The Mary at 351 West 800 No.

- 14 Modern Townhomes, 2 floor plans

- 2 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths

- 1216 - 1407 Sq. ft. finished

https://builtbycw.com/our-projects/themary/

Everyone seems to agree with the Forum, they love C.W. Urban.

SOLD-OUT

The Penney
The Winnie
The Lucy
The Mable
The Rose
The Cynthia
The Ruby
The Ruth
The Edith

Last edited by delts145; Apr 12, 2021 at 8:20 AM.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 3:11 PM
Space Magi

So I guess CW Urban's "The Olive," which is the one that's under construction next to Pioneer Park, has gone from being condos to apartments. I wonder why they would make that switch this late in the game.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 6:15 PM
Engineer

Quote:
Update from the rooftop of 650 Main, 6th and Main across the street:

Source

Also, the official HKS Instagram shared some renderings of the Kensington tower a few weeks ago. The first one is one we have already seen but without the watermark, which is nice. There are also a couple interior renders.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMm7mrAs3uV/
I’d love to see a view of the Kensington looking up from Gallivan Center. It appears way taller than One Utah in those renderings.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 6:54 PM

Quote:
So I guess CW Urban's "The Olive," which is the one that's under construction next to Pioneer Park, has gone from being condos to apartments. I wonder why they would make that switch this late in the game.
Just guessing but it looks like they saw the writing on the wall. Just surfing their own projects it would seem like people are snatching up townhomes vs. condos, and of course, the apartment rental market is booking up faster than they can build them. Also, from what I understand both the natives and the flood of people moving into the Salt Lake City metro are renting apartments until they're able to make it to the front of the waiting line to order/construct their homes in places like Daybreak, etc. There's a big backlog order of single-family residential waiting for construction all over the Wasatch Front.

I was just noticing here in Downtown Los Angeles this morning that although highrise and midrise residential is moving along it seems to be at a snail's pace on many projects. I think the construction labor market never had a chance to fully recover from the great recession, and now it's experiencing labor shortages during historic demands in certain sectors.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2021, 1:12 AM
BANNED

Interesting article on Las Vegas pushing to ban ornamental grass. It mentions Salt Lake City and how it has an ordinance that requires a certain amount of greenery. Definitely think SLC needs to revisit that ordinance and perhaps update it.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50144303...namental-grass

Old Posted Apr 12, 2021, 1:16 AM
Ironweed

[QUOTE=Blah_Amazing;9244229]https://citizenportal.slcgov.com/Cit...howInspection=

255 S 200 E

Thanks Mr. Amazing for your insight. This is great news!

Old Posted Apr 12, 2021, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Amazing View Post
Thanks Blah!

Old Posted Apr 12, 2021, 5:05 PM

The Station Center Plans were initially revealed in like 2015. Given the housing crisis it seems like the RDA would be moving a little faster since they own the majority of the lots in the area. Anyone know what the deal is?

Old Posted Apr 12, 2021, 5:41 PM

A couple random thoughts:

650 South (Patrinely) is very visible from I-15. While it's not the tallest of buildings at 10 stories, I think it does a fair amount to stretch the skyline further south. As similar sized buildings fill in around the Grand America it will start to seem like the CBD extends to 600 S instead of 400 S.

About a month ago I spoke with someone in the know in the Salt Lake market. I asked if he thought that all the highrise residential projects in various stages of planning could all be built or if it was a race to see who starts first and then the others might die off. His only response was that he was an investor in the Worthington deal and he knows for a fact that it is going to happen. So take that for what it's worth to you.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2021, 6:55 PM

Ya it seems Worthington has alot of power behind it and is moving quickly. Based on Kensingtons history and willingness to invest in other properties around SLC, I would be very surprised if that didn't happen either. Main St apartments also seems to have a large backing and a very experienced developer. I say it's likely all three of these buildings get built. Compared to what alot of high rise apartment towers look like in other cities all three of these buildings are actually very attractive. It's an exciting time for SLC development and once a 5 to 600 footer is finally built the skyline will look amazing around it.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2021, 8:06 PM
Space Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePriceWentUp View Post
The Station Center Plans were initially revealed in like 2015. Given the housing crisis it seems like the RDA would be moving a little faster since they own the majority of the lots in the area. Anyone know what the deal is?
They're still talking about it, at least. The first render you shared was from late last year when they decided to make the central promenade from the Rio Grande less linear. I actually liked the old concept more, but alas. I hope it starts moving soon because I think that area has a ton of potential, especially if the city council ever relaxes the height restrictions in the zone and Hatman's Rio Grande proposal is adopted.

Unfortunately, we already missed out on at least one tech company tower there because of the height restrictions and red tape:

Old Posted Apr 13, 2021, 12:43 AM

Yeah I still don't understand the opposition to height in that area. What community character are they trying to preserve? That area is basically empty lots, tent cities, and warehouses.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2021, 4:17 AM
They all float down here

Okay, what's the deal with the fake accounts that have popped up lately?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West