HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
I went for much on Sunday and they were great. Still working out some ordering kinks, which is to be expected of a new restaurant, but service was speedy once ordered. Management swung by the table and encouraged feedback. All around a great experience there and I encourage others to try it out themselves. The team behind the restaurant is one of the best in Atlanta, IMO, and I am glad to see them expanding with different concepts in different neighborhoods throughout the city.
I agree completely. Having a close friend in restaurant business, I usually won't even visit a restaurant in the first 3 months of opening. Even experienced restauranteurs usually take a while to work out all the kinks.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 5:17 PM

Not disagreeing and also being involved in a small business, it is still not acceptable. Living 6 blocks from the restaurant, I’ve walked by 3 different times in the past week at various times during the day and it’s been closed. Once in the afternoon just after lunch time and the other 2 between 7:30 and 8:30 at night. You are right, it will be several months before my family even considers trying again now. Sorry, we don’t visit twitter before deciding to walk to a restaurant for lunch or dinner each time.

Regardless, I’m so happy the Braves are gone and can’t say it enough. Between them and the Fulco Recreation Authority, they clearly held the entire neighborhood south of 20 back and were a detriment to the entire area for 30 years. It’s taken GA State and Carter less than 3 years to bring back an area that should have always been active and growing given its location, access and proximity to downtown or any part of the metro due to the easy interstate access in all directions. It’s sad really how depressing the area was for so many years for no reason other than corporate greed.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Last edited by Atlriser; Jun 26, 2019 at 6:47 PM.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2019, 3:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post
Not disagreeing and also being involved in a small business, it is still not acceptable. Living 6 blocks from the restaurant, I’ve walked by 3 different times in the past week at various times during the day and it’s been closed. Once in the afternoon just after lunch time and the other 2 between 7:30 and 8:30 at night. You are right, it will be several months before my family even considers trying again now. Sorry, we don’t visit twitter before deciding to walk to a restaurant for lunch or dinner each time.

Regardless, I’m so happy the Braves are gone and can’t say it enough. Between them and the Fulco Recreation Authority, they clearly held the entire neighborhood south of 20 back and were a detriment to the entire area for 30 years. It’s taken GA State and Carter less than 3 years to bring back an area that should have always been active and growing given its location, access and proximity to downtown or any part of the metro due to the easy interstate access in all directions. It’s sad really how depressing the area was for so many years for no reason other than corporate greed.
THIS. Literally couldn't have said it better. I've worked in the restaurant/hospitality industry before and my wife is currently in it. Yes, it takes weeks to work out kinks but it's just not a good look. Especially when you PR yourself in the news about being open.

Last edited by robertjhajek; Jun 27, 2019 at 7:47 PM.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2019, 4:44 PM

The best bbq restaurants in the country run out of food every day.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2019, 6:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmr298 View Post
The best bbq restaurants in the country run out of food every day.

Yeah the thing with genuine BBQ is that you have to prepare it 18+ hours in advance so it can be easy to overestimate or underestimate demand and a restaurant doesn't want to lose money if they overestimate demand and there's too much leftovers.

It's better to underestimate demand and run out of food then overestimate it and be left with too much prepared BBQ uneatened.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2019, 7:18 PM

Seriously! I’m a GA country boy who grew up eating and cooking great BBQ from all over this state. You’re just stretching crap way to far. Bless your hearts!

Regardless, no one questioned the quality of the food. Your statements are pointless. If that was the case they’d be cooking at 6:00 in the evening for the next day which they aren’t. Lord please! Leave the stretching for the gym.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Last edited by Atlriser; Jun 27, 2019 at 7:29 PM.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Seriously! I’m a GA country boy who grew up eating and cooking great BBQ from all over this state. You’re just stretching crap way to far. Bless your hearts!

Regardless, no one questioned the quality of the food. Your statements are pointless. If that was the case they’d be cooking at 6:00 in the evening for the next day which they aren’t. Lord please! Leave the stretching for the gym.
Unsubscribe

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 10:34 PM

Quote:

How do you know they're not preparing it in advance? We're just saying that they may be having trouble at the moment gauging their demand so they're going on the low side when it comes to prepared food and will increase that as time goes on.

Give them a bit of time. They'll get things right.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 11:04 PM

Broadstone Summerhill

A permit has been filed for site work, land disturbance and infrastructure for future 276 unit apartment development. The address is 100 Fulton Street. Brock Hudgins is the architect.

The site plan has two multi-family projects adjacent to Fulton Street so I'm not sure which one this will be.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Jun 29, 2019 at 1:41 AM.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2019, 8:53 PM

Rendering from the southern corner of 565 Hank Aaron which is expected to break ground this summer.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2019, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Rendering from the southern corner of 565 Hank Aaron which is expected to break ground this summer.

This is a good looking project with materials that appear to be high quality.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2019, 1:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Is this on Georgia Ave a block over from little tart??

Old Posted Jul 4, 2019, 2:27 AM

I hope that's how it really looks. I like how the different buildings are touching wall to wall...looks like a real urban neighborhood. Summerhill could really be something special in 10 years.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2019, 12:39 PM

Never realized there aren't any blacks in Summerhill. Maybe one guy.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2019, 2:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
Never realized there aren't any blacks in Summerhill. Maybe one guy.
Are you talking about the rendering above?

Old Posted Jul 4, 2019, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Is this on Georgia Ave a block over from little tart??
Its the apartments adjacent to the baseball field in the site plan. The address is 565 Hank Aaron.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2019, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Are you talking about the rendering above?
Yeah it's confusing - why would developers not want to target the demographics of their customer base in the area? Is there an unknown motive? Are they trying to appeal to white buyers? At least show some diverse mix. Throw in a couple of Hispanics and Asians as well. This isn't 1950.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2019, 7:31 PM

Quote:
Yeah it's confusing - why would developers not want to target the demographics of their customer base in the area? Is there an unknown motive? Are they trying to appeal to white buyers? At least show some diverse mix. Throw in a couple of Hispanics and Asians as well. This isn't 1950.
If you look closely at the render you can see a decent amount of poc. However, I find the majority of your posts to be incredibly stupid, so carry on.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2019, 9:31 PM

Who you calling stupid stupid. I'm speaking of the 565 Hank Aaron rendering. Take another look, please. Anyway, I don't care if they don't want to know their audience.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2019, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Take another look, please. Anyway, I don't care if they don't want to know their audience.
I’ve taken several looks and the rendering for 565 Hank Aaron is actually pretty diverse. You said there was “maybe one” black guy in it but I see four.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta