HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 29, 2015, 3:50 PM

I sure hope they don't duplicate the stye, it's certainly not Detroit's most attractive building.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2015, 4:15 PM

That Brush Park proposal looks awesome, i especially love the renovation efforts.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2015, 3:12 AM
Detroit Love

Dan Gilbert Gets $1 Million State Loan for Capitol Park Redevelopment

Quote:

Quicken Loans and Bedrock Real Estate Services CEO Dan Gilbert received approval this week for a $1 million state loan to help with the development of a Bedrock-owned building into retail and residential space. The building, a Capitol Park structure, housed a variety of renters in loft-style units. After the building sold to Bedrock, the firm's strategy of converting the units to market-rate apartments led to residents receiving eviction notices in early 2014. The neighboring building's tenants, seniors, were also given the boot by another developer.

In exchange for the old tenants' displacement, Bedrock claims that the redevelopment project will create a whopping 16 jobs. Gilbert will cover most of the more-than $10 million cost of the project, but will net $1.65 million in tax credits from the federal government in part because he's "preserving" a historic building-and that's in addition to the $1 million loan. Gilbert bought the building in late 2013 for $325,000 from Dearborn developer Mousa Ahmad. Gilbert isn't the only one investing in this very hot part of midtown-developers just completed work on lofts in the old Detroit Savings Bank building, the city's oldest surviving highrise. Construction on Bedrock's Capitol Park building, located at 1215 Griswold, is expected to wrap up some time this fall.

http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...evelopment.php

Old Posted Jul 25, 2015, 5:33 PM
Detroit Love

Quote:
1,100 Quicken workers, Rocket Fiber data center to occupy former News, Free Press building

The former Detroit Media Partnership building at 615 W. Lafayette Blvd. downtown is expected to become home to up to 1,100 new Quicken Loans Inc. employees when its build-out is complete.

According to a document detailing a request for city approval of a commercial rehabilitation district for the 404,000-square-foot building at the corner of West Lafayette and Third Street, the data center for Detroit-based Rocket Fiber LLC is also expected to be housed there.

On Thursday, a ribbon-cutting ceremony was held for Molina Healthcare of Michigan, which occupies 30,000 square feet on the fifth floor of the building and houses 125 employees there, with the ability to add more in the future.
http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...py-former-news

Old Posted Today, 6:28 AM

Went downtown last week and took a lot of photos of developments:

Dessert Oasis Coffee Roasters, a small company from suburban Rochester, is opening a location in The Albert

Detroit Bikes opened about three weeks ago in The Albert

interior of Detroit Bikes

these two buildings, mentioned a few posts above, are currently u/c

Capitol Park Building, set to be completed in the fall

soon to be the new GSTV Headquarters, moving downtown from Birmingham

the newest addition to The Lofts at Merchants Row

Pierson Building wrapping up exterior work. I believe its going to be office space.

Henry Ford Health is opening a Quick Care location on the first floor of the former Grinnell Bros Building. Not sure what this means for the upper floors.

M1 Rail construction at Campus Martius

cornice being added to the Metropole Building

next to the Vinton Building, a new bar has opened on the second floor here. I am not sure what the space is called

Renovations continue after a years long hiatus at the Vinton Building

Renovations at Millender/Renaissance City

new outdoor seating in Greektown

Renovations appear to have started at this building at Griswold and Lafayette, rebranded as The 751.

work continues at Town House restaurant at One Detroit Center. It appears to have opened while work is still wrapping up.

Old Posted Today, 11:40 AM

Thank you so, so much for doing this!! My heart is tied to Detroit and I don't get to go back often enough. I'd always hope someone here would do what you did, even just once a year. You just made my day! Hope to see more (from anyone) in the future!

Old Posted Today, 3:25 PM
homesick alien

I echo what Michi said! I recently moved away for a job opportunity but already miss it so much. Thanks for taking the time to take some photos and update us.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations