HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 10:08 PM

Stunning Atlanta Botanical Garden

I went by myself today and was blown away literally at the beauty here. Many Atlantan's have never been, it was an absolutely astounding day, here are just a few shots I took. Probably took at least 200 pics...Not only the vegetation, but the people watching was amazing as well. I heard countless languages spoken, people of all colors and races getting along and having a great time admiring the beauty that our city is. If people do not think ATL is diverse, they are well mis informed.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by bigstick; Jun 16, 2018 at 10:19 PM.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 10:15 PM

Yes, but construction took FOREVER. Absolutely slow-as-molasses. Pathetic.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLSkyPalaceOwner View Post
Yes, but construction took FOREVER. Absolutely slow-as-molasses. Pathetic.
Real nice man, thanks...

Old Posted Jun 17, 2018, 1:00 AM

Great pictures. I haven't been in a while, but this is inspiring me to make a visit.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2018, 1:01 AM

Botanical Garden

The Atlanta Botanical Garden is absolutely world class. Top 3 or 4 botanical gardens in the country, if not #1

Further, your comments about diversity in Atlanta are spot on and I noticed a rapid increase in the diversity in the region in the past 3-4 years. the change in diversity from, say 2010, to today is striking, frankly. Even when going to suburban events/attractions like Southern Belle Farms in McDonough for strawberry picking with my daughter, i’m amazed at the demographics

Old Posted Jun 17, 2018, 1:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Great pictures. I haven't been in a while, but this is inspiring me to make a visit.
Thanks Pem, I felt like a tourist in my own city the vibe was amazing from all walks of life. This was just amazing to take in and the breadth of the place is something people cannot grip, I was there for 5 hours and still did bot see all of it...A top 5 in the USA definitely, no where in the SE can touch this..Hey, I have a dual membership, pm me and I will meet you there..It is truly an amazing jewel in the middle of the city..

Old Posted Jun 17, 2018, 1:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
The Atlanta Botanical Garden is absolutely world class. Top 3 or 4 botanical gardens in the country, if not #1

Further, your comments about diversity in Atlanta are spot on and I noticed a rapid increase in the diversity in the region in the past 3-4 years. the change in diversity from, say 2010, to today is striking, frankly. Even when going to suburban events/attractions like Southern Belle Farms in McDonough for strawberry picking with my daughter, i’m amazed at the demographics
Yes, I was literally dumbfounded about all of the beautiful people in all forms of fashion of their native country. I felt like I was in a foreign city.. I saw Indian sitting next to Hispanic next to Asian (Japanese), next to German, next to Russian..etc, etc...

Old Posted Jun 17, 2018, 2:54 PM

I'm lucky to live in between the botanical garden and the high. We have excellent gardens & museums!

Old Posted Jun 17, 2018, 3:00 PM
BANNED

It's great to have a top notch botanical gardens, but why can't we emulate some of this creativity to more public spaces?

Old Posted Jun 17, 2018, 5:24 PM

The botanical garden is fantastic. it really focuses on quality over quantity considering it is one of the smalles in the U.S., but is still top notch. I especially love the views of Midtown from "Skyline Park" I beleive.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta