HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

River Point in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Apr 1, 2014, 9:07 PM

DLA Piper signs lease at River Point

Thought this news was older than last Thursday, but it shows that Ivanhoé Cambridge is still pulling this baby along.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2014, 9:18 PM
BANNED

^ Yasssssssss

Old Posted Apr 2, 2014, 1:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemachs View Post
I do get what you're saying, Louis, and I also tend to get annoyed by the random "What's going on?" comment in a thread that has been discussing that very question. However, the whole speculation as fact complaint seems like a game of semantics. Por ejemplo:

"This tower will be reduced to X feet, b/c the economics just aren't there"

vs.

"I think that this tower might be reduced in height, b/c of X source from reputable article"

They're essentially saying the same thing, but I assume you wouldn't much care for the first comment. So it's hard to start saying certain posts shouldn't exist because the person has nothing to back it up. I guess I've just accepted the fact that there's plenty of bullsh*tters on the internet, and to take the things I see here with a grain of salt. And on that note, if any website like Curbed is getting their information from this site, they should do the same.
LVDW? Semantics? Never!

Old Posted Apr 2, 2014, 8:01 PM

Construction trailer is gone as of today. Assuming this means the deck is finished, the contractor for the tower will also be responsible for the park?

This likely also means that nifty construction cam will be no more as it was just for Clark's overbuild of the tracks

Old Posted Apr 7, 2014, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB 1871 View Post
Construction trailer is gone as of today. Assuming this means the deck is finished, the contractor for the tower will also be responsible for the park?

This likely also means that nifty construction cam will be no more as it was just for Clark's overbuild of the tracks
The Clark construction trailer may be gone from the west side of the tunnel. But, the River Point site is active today with workers wearing hard hats and vests emblazoned with the Clark name.

Oxblue cam still working, too. http://oxblue.com/open/clarkconstruc...iverpointplaza

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 3:49 AM

This hit the Crain's construction pipeline:

2014/04/09
River Point Plaza - Office Tower - Phase II
52-story office tower, $300 million
444 W. Lake St. Cook

Old Posted Apr 14, 2014, 6:13 PM

Barge crane has moved on from RP. Now there appears to be one on the NW side of Wolf Point. Same one?

Old Posted Apr 14, 2014, 7:32 PM

the construction cam angle has been moved down a bit and gives a much better view of wolf point and 150 N Riverside sites

http://http://oxblue.com/open/clarkconstruction/riverpointplaza

Last edited by Tom In Chicago; Apr 14, 2014 at 8:23 PM. Reason: fixed link

Old Posted Apr 15, 2014, 6:21 PM

April 9

April 10

Can anyone date this based on the re-bar pattern ?

Old Posted Apr 24, 2014, 12:33 PM

^ Still very little activity at the River Point site but the rebuilding of the Fulton Street drain that runs under the RR Tunnel to the River. Thanks for the pics, harry!

However, expect an announcement of the new GC for the construction of the Tower any day now.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2014, 9:58 PM

April 25

Old Posted Apr 28, 2014, 1:22 AM
Closed account

Lend Lease

Old Posted Apr 28, 2014, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkkent2420 View Post
lend lease
lolol!

Old Posted Apr 28, 2014, 4:01 PM
TL;DR

Does the Canal sidewalk extend past the mouth of the tunnel? Looks like it cuts off in Harry's last photo.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2014, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Does the Canal sidewalk extend past the mouth of the tunnel? Looks like it cuts off in Harry's last photo.
It does, although it's kind of strange last time I crossed over there. The concrete sidewalk narrows to about 4' or 5' so there's room for the crossing arm. Once you get past it's just one continuous surface of asphalt so you feel like you are walking in the road.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2014, 6:48 PM
DENNAB

This building is so beautiful!

Chicago needs another one of these but in the 400 meter range, that would be perfect

Old Posted Apr 28, 2014, 7:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
It does, although it's kind of strange last time I crossed over there. The concrete sidewalk narrows to about 4' or 5' so there's room for the crossing arm. Once you get past it's just one continuous surface of asphalt so you feel like you are walking in the road.
The original specs for River Point called for the RR tunnel to stop short of where it does now. But Metra/Amtrak wanted the tunnel to extend closer to the RR crossing.

Why? Don't know. I would think the more the tunnel sets back from the actual crossing, the greater the visibility for both the engineers and the traffic trying to get across the tracks. But Hines was prompt to oblige.

The extension of the tunnel required a relocation of the Canal Street elevator giving access to the park/plaza. It was supposed to be quite close to the crossing gate. But, the extension of the tunnel left no room for the sidewalk or the elevator. So, the sidewalk is quite narrow and the Canal Street elevator is now supposed to be built about 150' south of the RR crossing.

Lots of McHugh trucks on site this morning. However, until the drain under Fulton Street is repaired so water can drain into the River and Fulton Street does not fill up with rain water whenever it sprinkles (like last night and, BTW, the drain extends west for several blocks) nothing much will be built. But, hopefully almost done!

Old Posted Apr 28, 2014, 10:00 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilton View Post
lolol!
That's who it is, which is hilarious that they changed horses.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2014, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post

(02/2008)

Don't ignore the gates

Don't tread on my drive

Old Posted Apr 29, 2014, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkkent2420 View Post
That's who it is, which is hilarious that they changed horses.
I think it has much more to do with the collapsed Fulton Street drain than the fact that Clark is building 150 Riverside and the timing is merely coincidental. I smell intervention by the City and the creation of a "fall guy" if anything else under the River Point tunnel collapses.

Last edited by Pilton; Apr 29, 2014 at 1:37 AM. Reason: add tunnel

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive