HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Hermitage Plaza I in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Courbevoie (Paris) Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jan 27, 2016, 4:27 PM

A plan showing the location of the 8 cranes that will build the Hermitage Plaza complex. It's not just 2 skyscrapers that are going to be built, but also 5 mid-rise buildings.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2016, 6:02 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Wow, so this is actually moving forward!
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Feb 26, 2016, 11:46 PM

I dont know if that's been posted before but here's a great video presenting the project.

http://defense-92.fr/immobilier/bouy...ge-plaza-40081

Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 3:22 PM

They found a close-up rendering that would've been released lately.

Those towers make me think of the Detroit streetcar... It's all just the same, painful to give birth to it.

Again, once and for all, I'll tell you about what seems to be the difference between the irrational going dumb and the smart well sighted.

The former going mad with jealousy will only think about the few sick billionaires that will ruin their daily lives even more just to be in there.
The latter will just think about all the jobs (including some fairly cool jobs) and the wealth those towers should bring about on their own, and far beyond Paris. Maybe even abroad. Yep, the positive magnitude of 2 supertall twins here, widely residential should easily go international, for the better.

I guess NIMBYs are losing, just for that trivial statement I just made, that anyone normally sane should be able to understand. Construction expected to begin as of next year or 2018 at the latest, cause we're still too caring to NIMBYs over here.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2017, 12:47 AM

Old Posted Feb 27, 2017, 12:49 AM

They finally released a video showing the different phases of construction. According to Emin Iskenderov (developper), construction should start in the spring of 2017 !

Old Posted Feb 28, 2017, 4:48 PM

This one looks like it will be very interesting to watch with the way they are using the river and the temporary elevated roads to transfer materials.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2017, 1:54 PM

Emmanuelle Cosse, Housing Minister at the Mipim 2017

Old Posted Mar 14, 2017, 2:03 PM

Old Posted Jul 31, 2018, 10:19 AM

(Translated article)

Green light for Hermitage twin towers

Huffington Post
27/07/2018 14:10 CEST
https://www.huffingtonpost.fr/2018/0...en_a_23490817/

https://www.pinterest.fr/pin/443041682082354557/

The State Council has rejected all appeals made by insurance companies AXA and Allianz against the 1050 FT twin towers' construction permit.

[...]

The two insurance titans fiercely opposed Hermitage Plaza's construction as it involves the demolition of several buildings they co-own.

[...]

The complex will include a 5 stars hotel, luxury residences and offices and will reach a total cost of 2.8 billion euros (3.3 billion dollars).

[...]

Russian developper Emin Iskenderov confirms the towers will be ready for the olympics in 2024.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2018, 1:09 PM
BANNED

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!

The most beautiful city in the world will get some new jewels!!!

Old Posted Jul 31, 2018, 1:25 PM

Mouais... It's been like 10 years since that project was on, so I'll believe in it only when I see cranes building this whole thing.

The developer has spent tons of money in it yet, though. I guess that gives him credit. He seems motivated.

Besides, he's no stupid guy and knows the penthouses up there will sell for some crazy money.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2018, 12:59 AM
DENNAB

Nice!

Glad to see some more European supertall action

Old Posted Aug 2, 2018, 1:19 AM

I wish the design wasn't so top heavy. There's something really goofy looking about them.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2018, 8:48 AM

^ I assume that's a trick by the architect to have panoramic views mostly focused towards either Central Paris and its landmarks or the towers of La Défense to the other side; obviously the most interesting views from the apartments in there.

And the slender towers actually sort of twist, as seen on renderings posted many times all over the place for the past 10 years! lol

That's still an awesome design that will finally anchor the district of La Défense into the regional luxury market, to prompt local developers to do more of the same type of products.

A very much needed project over here where contemporary skyscrapers are still piles of offices and nothing else.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 8:51 PM

I think this project is still alive, somehow.
It's been stuck in NIMBY legal procedures for over 10 years.
I'm even laughing, because it's been so long that I don't even care anymore.
But when I see these rough renders from rue de Rivoli by ZeusUpsistos...

Before.

After.

https://www.pss-archi.eu/forum/profile.php?id=12266

Shit, that would be cool, though.

Obviously, the problem is only billionaires could purchase penthouses in there, then some jealous grumpy people go like - BWAAAAH, IT'S MEANT FOR THE ULTRA RICH! Blah blah blah.

What the hell? We don't care about the rich in there. Who gives a fuck?
Those towers are just necessary so we can break through what they call a "plafond de verre" (glass ceiling) over here.

When those are built, there'll be competition and emulation. Others will do the same, huh.
Then you children will be jealous, 'cause this is Paris... Sorry.

Nah, I'm kidding you guys. We don't intend to make anybody badly jealous or enraged. We have no interest in doing nasty things like that.
But the city must go on anyway.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 11:28 PM
BANNED

Are they actually building these?

To me, Paris is the greatest city in the world. I hope that these get built.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2021, 12:15 AM
Registered (Nimby Ab)User

Location: At a computer, wasting my life on a skyscraper website
Il est agité par les vagues, et ne sombre pas

Vive la France, vive la Paris

I heard the UN is moving its HQ there. The eiffel tower is moving there soon as well. Elon Musk even decided he didnt want to go to mars anymore after visiting.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2021, 12:37 AM
Show me the blueprints

If you had the money to live anywhere in Paris, in any of the finest buildings in the choicest arrondissement, why in the world you would want to live in a tall building in La Defense is beyond me.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Feb 28, 2021, 1:18 AM
Registered (Nimby Ab)User

Location: At a computer, wasting my life on a skyscraper website
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
If you had the money to live anywhere in Paris, in any of the finest buildings in the choicest arrondissement, why in the world you would want to live in a tall building in La Defense is beyond me.
Perhaps its for executives who work in La Defense and want to live there too.. but yeah if you can afford one of these, then you could easily afford a daily limousine ride from wherever you want in Paris proper..

I heard the UN is moving its HQ there. The eiffel tower is moving there soon as well. Elon Musk even decided he didnt want to go to mars anymore after visiting.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive