HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Oct 9, 2018, 6:51 PM

Cfy

https://www.sacbee.com/news/business...219724920.html

It looks like CFY and CADA will have final funding in place after tonight's city council meeting to move forward with their 159 unit apartment project at 1717 S Street. Excited to see this project come to life as it contains affordable housing units and clears up a large vacant lot next to the Ice Blocks and the Safeway.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2018, 4:46 AM

A crew was performing what appeared to be soil sample collecting / testing on the site of the new courthouse at 6th and H. Hopefully the start of construction.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2018, 4:14 PM

Urban Elements

According to the Biz Journal, the mixed used project at 2417 J Street from Julie Young/Urban Elements is supposed to break ground later this month.

It'll be a 4 story building with ground floor retail and 12 units on floors 2-4.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2018, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachornet View Post
https://www.sacbee.com/news/business...219724920.html

It looks like CFY and CADA will have final funding in place after tonight's city council meeting to move forward with their 159 unit apartment project at 1717 S Street. Excited to see this project come to life as it contains affordable housing units and clears up a large vacant lot next to the Ice Blocks and the Safeway.
how many stories will this be?????

Old Posted Oct 10, 2018, 10:56 PM

Duplicate, see below

Last edited by wadams92101; Oct 11, 2018 at 9:35 PM. Reason: Trying to delete to repost as reply - I dunno, I'm not very familiar with the technical of this forum

Old Posted Oct 10, 2018, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachornet View Post
According to the Biz Journal, the mixed used project at 2417 J Street from Julie Young/Urban Elements is supposed to break ground later this month.

It'll be a 4 story building with ground floor retail and 12 units on floors 2-4.

I Was excited by the S St. development, but this news truly made my day. I love the smaller projects. I think they at a lot to the city. I’d love to see about 50 more of these.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2018, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by novatone82 View Post
how many stories will this be?????
It looks to be around 5 floors. Not super tall, but nothing in that neighborhood is. If built, it would fill a huge gap. Very exciting.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2018, 11:57 PM

It's 7 to be exact.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2018, 9:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoe View Post
I still wish Sacramento could find a way to reclaim the space above I-5 in downtown. I always understood it is complicated, but despite the many flaws in this book, I found it an educational read.

https://urbdezine.com/2018/05/23/build-freeway-cap/
Hi, I'm the author of that book. Thank you for reading it and finding it educational. I put it online in draft form to get feedback regarding the "many flaws" (which I acknowledge ;-)) I know your busy but if you could point out a few of the most egregious flaws, I'd be very grateful. I would credit you in publication (or not, whichever you prefer). Thanks for checking it out!

Old Posted Oct 14, 2018, 4:23 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by snfenoc View Post
The holdup is that they did not have a hotel brand chosen. I am not sure if they have one yet, but I think it's really bad planning to demolish a well-loved cafe for some pie in the sky project without having all of your ducks in a row.
I suspect they demolished it thinking they might be able to use the site as surface parking for a few years. I think that’s what we’ll eventually see.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2018, 5:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_encounter View Post
I suspect they demolished it thinking they might be able to use the site as surface parking for a few years. I think that’s what we’ll eventually see.
My speculation, and this is pure speculation, is there might have been some problems with the building and rather than upgrade per code they went ahead and demolished. I know with the flag Paragary restaurant down a block they ran into a mess with Structural and other upgrades that delayed the project significantly and cost them a lot--so rather than run into more problems just pre-emitively demolish, makes sense

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 1:00 PM

Breaking: Paragary hotel breaks ground this week

Hotel to be part of Hilton's Tapestry Collection

https://www.sacbee.com/news/business...220018350.html

The delay in the project stem from changing the brand from a Hilton Garden Inn to a more upscale boutique brand, which forced some design changes and an increase in construction cost, according to Paragary.

Last edited by Pistola916; Oct 15, 2018 at 3:07 PM.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 8:31 PM

Finally.

There are still quite a few projects that still are in some sort of limbo though. Yamanee? The (no longer) whole foods mixed use project on L Street? What about downtown commons? Kings project on K Street?

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Finally.

There are still quite a few projects that still are in some sort of limbo though. Yamanee? The (no longer) whole foods mixed use project on L Street? What about downtown commons? Kings project on K Street?
OMG the L Street project.. I swear they were like "we need to build this huge parking garage first", ... and then nothing. We got totally scammed.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 1:25 AM

q
Quote:
Finally.

It seems like you are focused/obsessed with what’s not going on or not moving fast enough. I guess I inderstand the frustration but there’s quite a lot of projects UC throughout the central city- a lot more than what gets reported in this forum. Riding a JumpBike around lately I’ve noticed a lot of little new infill projects that I was unaware of. Btw do you still hate all the trees?

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 1:44 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Finally.

William Berg (wburg) and Company are probably hoping to tie that project up in court long enough for the economy to turn south and the project collapse on its own.

Not sure what you mean by Downtown Commons? If it’s the proposal for the Capital Towers property, that’s nothing but pie in the sky for out of town developers speculating on downtown property and trying to inflate the value to their portfolio. That will never get built as proposed.

The Kings? Well they’re the Kings.

But on the bright side as Ozone said, there’s an awful lot already in the pipeline with funding in place (courthouse, state office buildings, state Capitol rehab, Native American museum) to keep things interesting and this sub forum on life support a bit longer. If Cal PERS can get 301CM off the ground (and that’s a big if), I think everybody here will be pleased (and surprised).

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 3:01 AM

I am very excited to read about the Fort Sutter Hotel. It is one of the projects on my wish list. Of course, it's always concerning to see a building get demolished and then wait for months without construction. But I am glad that Sacramento is getting a nicer hotel...sort of. (I was hoping that I'd be able to stay there when I visit in the coming years, but it may be a little out my price range.)

Another project on my wish list is the 20th and L mixed use building. I sure hope it gets built. I think that area can support a decent-sized market, so I hope the developer finds a brand.

These are really exciting times. I would like to see more pictures of these smaller developments (and the larger ones). Anyone up there with a camera and a few extra hours?

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 3:40 AM

Quote:
Finally.

I highly doubt Yamanee will get build because Burg and the other perservationists/anti-high rise people refuse to even though it will help the housing situation that they always complain about.

I'm sure the L street project will get built eventually but I am actually more curious about the Greyhound Station. The developers promised to release renderings months ago and here we are with no project.

The King's project is kinda a work in progress I mean isn't another developer fixing up a building for apartments there?

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 3:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone View Post
q

It seems like you are focused/obsessed with what’s not going on or not moving fast enough. I guess I inderstand the frustration but there’s quite a lot of projects UC throughout the central city- a lot more than what gets reported in this forum. Riding a JumpBike around lately I’ve noticed a lot of little new infill projects that I was unaware of. Btw do you still hate all the trees?
J curious Ozone but can you take photos of those projects one day while on your JUMP Bike? I'm sure everyone would love to see the progress in the Urban Core and I know that I will reply and give a Shoutout to you for taking your time to take those photos.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 4:18 PM

For some smaller projects I am really liking how the townhouses on 20th (P and Q streets) have really changed a stretch that was pretty bad. The 250 or so new apartments going up right there where the sac bee parking lot used to be are really going to change that feel of that area as well.

Also am liking the 3 story building that went up at 23rd and K--almost done and will be interesting to see what moves into the ground floor retail.

There's already some construction going on along 16th headed north passed I street and a few more proposal that should help brighten an area that has been otherwise filled with economy motels, bail shops etc.

None of these projects are big but little by little are either adding or reshaping their neighborhoods. That to me is exciting.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area