HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jun 27, 2016, 9:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellk12 View Post
Well this is the week. Hope were all not let down once again. I wonder if that 18 month deadline to complete each phase is still active?
I heard that they've applied for excavation/shoring permits, and tender packages are out, highly doubt they'd have a sod turning without doing anything. who knows

Old Posted Jun 28, 2016, 2:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDBAG View Post
I heard that they've applied for excavation/shoring permits, and tender packages are out, highly doubt they'd have a sod turning without doing anything. who knows
with jazzfest I can see some delay...knowing these companies. "we cant disturb the parking" lol

Old Posted Jun 28, 2016, 6:34 PM

I wouldn't expect anything more then some company reps and civic officials each shoveling some dirt and being "nicey nicey" with each other and that will be it. Likely no construction starting at least until Fall if there are no permits yet...

I will be more optimistic if there is a representative there from the Alt Hotel development company. I don't believe they would put there reputation at risk...

Was this suppose to happen tomorrow?

Old Posted Jun 28, 2016, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
I wouldn't expect anything more then some company reps and civic officials each shoveling some dirt and being "nicey nicey" with each other and that will be it. Likely no construction starting at least until Fall if there are no permits yet...

I will be more optimistic if there is a representative there from the Alt Hotel development company. I don't believe they would put there reputation at risk...

Was this suppose to happen tomorrow?
Yes it is. 'Supposed to' happen. Like you said...im sure itll be the big blue ribbon being cut...3 shovels that mayor atch... john nasser and the blair guy will be posing a picture with.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2016, 7:16 PM

Here it comes! http://www.rldjv.ca/

Old Posted Jun 29, 2016, 5:00 PM
the heat goes on

Old Posted Jun 29, 2016, 5:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macca View Post
So breaking ground in fall now... not surprised one bit.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2016, 6:00 PM

So...NO tallest building in Saskatchewan in the plans anymore. A very modest 15 story condo building.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2016, 6:24 PM

Quote:
So...NO tallest building in Saskatchewan in the plans anymore. A very modest 15 story condo building.
Uhhh... we knew that already?

Old Posted Jun 29, 2016, 6:33 PM

I'm not sure we knew anything for sure until the plans were released as part of their website launch...but I could be wrong. I thought it was still up in the air a bit, as they determined the market demand for how high they would go....either way, still a disappointment.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2016, 6:51 PM

The news release that came out months ago mentioned a condo with 80-100 units, targeting 19 storeys. The Colliers listing reflects this today. I'm sure final height/number of units is still fluid and will be determined based on market demand. Never trust a render as gospel truth.

Anyway, the central office tower if/when it goes ahead would be a new tallest, possibly for SK.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2016, 6:58 PM

New rendering for everyone's viewing pleasure:

http://www.no1riverlanding.com/

Old Posted Jun 29, 2016, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
The news release that came out months ago mentioned a condo with 80-100 units, targeting 19 storeys. The Colliers listing reflects this today. I'm sure final height/number of units is still fluid and will be determined based on market demand. Never trust a render as gospel truth.

Anyway, the central office tower if/when it goes ahead would be a new tallest, possibly for SK.
Echoes, the descriptor on the developers own site states 15 story's, so I assume they will be sticking with that. Not to be nit picky...

Honestly, I am just glad that there appears to be some commitment to development, but we have seen slick websites for this parcel y before...

Old Posted Jun 29, 2016, 7:12 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems this new rendering of the condo tower also includes River Center 2 in the background, not that that means anything.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2016, 7:14 PM

Quote:
New rendering for everyone's viewing pleasure:

http://www.no1riverlanding.com/

its nice. but 16 storeys is alot of weak sauce in my mind. 22-27 wouldve been alot better. especially if your thinking 15+ yrs down the road. nothing but upsets one after another.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2016, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskE30 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems this new rendering of the condo tower also includes River Center 2 in the background, not that that means anything.
good catch...didnt even see it. maybe thats a "hidden" package to be developed without addressing it to the public?

Old Posted Jun 29, 2016, 7:23 PM

Quote:
Echoes, the descriptor on the developers own site states 15 story's, so I assume they will be sticking with that. Not to be nit picky...

Honestly, I am just glad that there appears to be some commitment to development, but we have seen slick websites for this parcel y before...
Well to be nitpicky, the No. 1 River Landing website actually says 16 stories (homepage, 1st paragraph), the rendering shows 16, Phil Tank on Twitter is saying 16 floors/125 units, and Colliers says "targeting 19." The point is: they probably don't really know. They've got a big hole to dig before this thing starts rising out of the ground.

I'm not trying to go after you, it just gets tiresome when, on groundbreaking day (ceremonial or not, we've NEVER yet had one before), and upon the release of a crisp new rendering, we can only express our disappointment at the building height ("weak sauce" according to one) or the fact that real work on the site might not begin until fall. This thread has become a constant chorus of bitching.

Or the cliché "I'll believe it when I see it"-type mantra: this project has never yet been as real or as much of a "go" as it is right now. Can we celebrate that for one second?

Well, if urban development worked exactly how we on this forum would like it to go then there'd be highrises for days downtown already. It just doesn't work that way.

Let's talk about something substantive. How about the architecture? I think it's the best design yet for Parcel YY. The design is modern, simple, and elegant. A wonderful complement to the adjacent Remai Modern.

This is exciting. A game changer for our downtown, skyline, and riverfront. I'm happy today.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2016, 7:31 PM

And has a real, legitimate urban condo developer ever actually been attached to this iteration of the River Landing project before this? No. (Sorry, Victory Majors does walk-ups, not towers - they don't count).

Well, there's a real condo developer attached to the project now: they're called Urban Capital. They're real, and they do high-quality big city stuff. Just take a look.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2016, 7:38 PM

Quote:
Well to be nitpicky, the No. 1 River Landing website actually says 16 stories (homepage, 1st paragraph), the rendering shows 16, Phil Tank on Twitter is saying 16 floors/125 units, and Colliers says "targeting 19." The point is: they probably don't really know. They've got a big hole to dig before this thing starts rising out of the ground.

I'm not trying to go after you, it just gets tiresome when, on groundbreaking day (ceremonial or not, we've NEVER yet had one before), and upon the release of a crisp new rendering, we can only express our disappointment at the building height ("weak sauce" according to one) or the fact that real work on the site might not begin until fall. This thread has become a constant chorus of bitching.

Or the cliché "I'll believe it when I see it"-type mantra: this project has never yet been as real or as much of a "go" as it is right now. Can we celebrate that for one second?

Well, if urban development worked exactly how we on this forum would like it to go then there'd be highrises for days downtown already. It just doesn't work that way.

Let's talk about something substantive. How about the architecture? I think it's the best design yet for Parcel YY. The design is modern, simple, and elegant. A wonderful complement to the adjacent Remai Modern.

This is exciting. A game changer for our downtown, skyline, and riverfront. I'm happy today.

yes your absolutely right. there has been alot of whining, ( myself included )

its been a yes no/maybe so last 5-7 years, all of us on this site are ovbiously driven to projects like this, and with saskatoon having our growth boom last few years, stuff like this sure makes it motivating for us to see, and the impact it could have for our DT and city altogether. i think with this waiting game has taken a toll in our belief of what will become of this parcel YY, ill be the first one to admit it that it is frusturating and upsetting. But overall, yes BEAUTIFUL towers, this has been the best rendering yet i will admit. and i cant wait until dirt starts flying all over the place and we see a few cranes in the sky.

cranes--
1 for condo?
1 for hotel?
going at the same time?

or 1 for the whole project?

Old Posted Jun 29, 2016, 7:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskE30 View Post
What I find interesting is that River Centre 2 in the background now appears to be 4 - 5 stories in height (similar to River Centre 1) as opposed to 11 storey version that had been proposed for the site.

We seem to be suffering from shrinkage in this city when it comes to highrises. That being said, I would echo Echoes comment that this is still a good day for Saskatoon. Regardless of final form of the River Landing development, it will be a vast improvement on what is there now.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan