HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Jun 9, 2019, 2:24 AM

Thunder Bay Photos

Thanks Lance for the great photos. I need to put Thunder Bay on my bucket list.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2019, 2:03 PM

Duluth has been dubbed, in the past, as Poor-Man's San Francisco. I don't know why Duluth hasn't capitalized on being a Sunbird destination. People escape from the North to Florida/Arizona to warm up, and there's those who live in Florida/AZ, that would love to spend a summer in Duluth, or there-abouts to cool off. Turn Duluth into the Miami of the North!

Reportedly, long ago, Duluth had more millionaires than any city in the country, if you can believe that one!!!

Old Posted Jun 13, 2019, 1:42 AM
I am a typical

Thunder Bay had a similar situation in Canada, this region was very wealthy a century ago. I'm not sure what the situation is in Minnesota, but here in Ontario we're mining just about every metal you can think of. Difference now is the mines aren't owned by locals anymore.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2019, 2:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMBY View Post
Duluth has been dubbed, in the past, as Poor-Man's San Francisco. I don't know why Duluth hasn't capitalized on being a Sunbird destination. People escape from the North to Florida/Arizona to warm up, and there's those who live in Florida/AZ, that would love to spend a summer in Duluth, or there-abouts to cool off. Turn Duluth into the Miami of the North!

Reportedly, long ago, Duluth had more millionaires than any city in the country, if you can believe that one!!!
Northern Michigan is a popular for people looking to escape the summer humidity. Many prefer a rustic destination over an urban one.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos