HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 10, 2014, 10:01 PM

Blaze Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerbydesign View Post
But Reginelli's is right there, isn't it possible it's just renovations for them? They're technically on Poydras but maybe they have a back door on O'Keefe or something?

Edit- nevermind, google is dropping the pin right in front of Jamba Juice but that doesn't make sense since The Civic is in the 500 block...
I think it is this.....

http://blazepizza.com/locations/new-orleans

http://blazepizza.com/

Old Posted Sep 10, 2014, 10:04 PM

Sorry y'all but RISE UP!!! WE DAT.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2014, 10:09 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by frquarterguy View Post
Awesome.. you made my day... BTW guys if your looking for addresses at their right location Google has gotten worse. Streetview can be off a whole block or two sometimes. Use the assessors site if you want to be sure!

And thankfully it isn't a cicis!

Old Posted Sep 11, 2014, 1:07 AM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
^Great looking project!
Not quite so nice in real life... The windows are all different random widths and the the brick is a brighter shade of red. It's also a carbon copy of Domain's new Greenpoint development in Brooklyn. Construction shots floating around here somewhere...

I'm much more optimistic for the next building (the Beacon).

Old Posted Sep 11, 2014, 1:37 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Not quite so nice in real life... The windows are all different random widths and the the brick is a brighter shade of red. It's also a carbon copy of Domain's new Greenpoint development in Brooklyn. Construction shots floating around here somewhere...

I think its a fairly nice project. Sure the beacon will be even nicer but Id hardly say its bad.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2014, 5:22 PM
life is good

Nice pics Tennis.

We seemed to have missed this (man, neighborhood commercial is booming all over the city):

Four-screen neighborhood movie theater headed to N. Broad Street
http://midcitymessenger.com/2014/09/...-broad-street/

Quote:
At one time, New Orleans had more than 50 movie theaters at once, tucked away in nearly every neighborhood in the city. The city’s rich movie theater history goes back to 1896, when the nation’s first movie house, Vitascope Hall, opened on Canal Street. By the beginning of World War II, places like the Circle Theatre and the Carver Theater had become well-known cultural hubs for communities of all races and economic statuses.

But over the years, one by one, about 200 theaters have been abandoned, torn down or repurposed. Only the Prytania Theater in Uptown was left standing as the purported last neighborhood movie theater in town. Until now.

That’s because a new four screen-movie theater is headed to a historic building on Broad Street, right at the cusp of Mid-City and Treme, according to Design Office, the Mid-City based engineering company overseeing the project. The permit has been approved, and construction “won’t be very long” from now, says one of the company’s design directors, Marc Robert.

“It’s going to be awesome,” Robert said Thursday. “I grew up on Broad and St. Bernard, and I just think it’s a great neighborhood to have something like this.”... (more at link)

Old Posted Sep 11, 2014, 7:12 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
Nice pics Tennis.

We seemed to have missed this (man, neighborhood commercial is booming all over the city):

Four-screen neighborhood movie theater headed to N. Broad Street
http://midcitymessenger.com/2014/09/...-broad-street/
I posted that on Canal Street Beat a couple weeks ago. Not that MidCity Messenger has given us any credit for finding this lol. Will be neat though!

heres a link to my article..

http://canalstreetbeat.com/4-screen-...r-636-n-broad/

Old Posted Sep 11, 2014, 7:16 PM
life is good

sorry i thought i vaguely recognized it

Old Posted Sep 11, 2014, 7:36 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
sorry i thought i vaguely recognized it
Oh sorry not your fault I just get annoyed when other publications find stuff and don't credit people. Sorry to vent! lol

Heres a cool new restaurant coming to Magazine Street. Same Person that owns Meaux Bar... I believe the working name for this one is Manor on Magazine

Old Posted Sep 12, 2014, 7:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post

Nice to see someone who agrees. I'm extremely dissapointed in how this building turned out. It also just screams cheap to me. The rendering for the 1133 in Brooklyn doesn't look anywhere near as promising as the Paramount rendering was IMO so I can only imagine how it'll actually look. Par is the course in BK these days, unfortunately.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2014, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Awesome.. you made my day... BTW guys if your looking for addresses at their right location Google has gotten worse. Streetview can be off a whole block or two sometimes. Use the assessors site if you want to be sure!

And thankfully it isn't a cicis!
Agreed. A cici's would have been a huge disappointment. I think we all have very high hopes for the South Market District. Blaze pizza seems like a much better concept.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2014, 4:13 PM
-

I don't get all the hate for this building. I love the high ceilings on the first floor and I think the windows looks great. To each his own I guess!

Old Posted Sep 12, 2014, 6:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
I don't get all the hate for this building. I love the high ceilings on the first floor and I think the windows looks great. To each his own I guess!
Don't get me wrong, it's still a nice building and a much needed improvement to that area. I just feel that it could have been a lot better, especially given the rendering (even though I know that they usually look better) and comparing it to buildings of the same style in the "colder" regions. It really just looks like it's an attempt to be something, but falling short. The windows on the actual building bother me more than anything. They're more reminiscent of what you see in Atlanta or Houston mega complexes vs a building of this style.

Maybe I've been on the East Coast too long.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2014, 7:25 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
Don't get me wrong, it's still a nice building and a much needed improvement to that area. I just feel that it could have been a lot better, especially given the rendering (even though I know that they usually look better) and comparing it to buildings of the same style in the "colder" regions. It really just looks like it's an attempt to be something, but falling short. The windows on the actual building bother me more than anything. They're more reminiscent of what you see in Atlanta or Houston mega complexes vs a building of this style.

Maybe I've been on the East Coast too long.

Fair enough! I do think when its all finished it will look better. Also, I think taking ino account the whole complex I think it will look better as well. One thing I do Like is that they are going with different architectural styles for every building. will really make the whole place feel more organically developed. Plus it just gives more variety to look at.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2014, 6:44 PM

Has anyone seen or heard about the developments around the corner of Tulane and Loyola? I haven't been around there in a while. I know there were several announced projects including the California Building, Oil and Gas Building, Industries Building and possibly the Rault Center (easily one of the biggest eyesores in the CBD). With all of that plus the theater renovations, Elk Place, 1010 Common and the renovations on Baronne St., this could be a really hopping area in a year or two. It's really an ideal location, at the intersection of two major streetcar lines, near the hospitals/medical schools, theater district and major office buildings, and walking distance to most downtown/CBD attractions and restaurants.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2014, 5:14 PM
-

Blaze Pizza Plans:

Also the BZA Approvals notice is ready for The Beacon so construction can begin soon:

Last edited by tennis1400; Sep 15, 2014 at 5:36 PM.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2014, 2:49 AM
TL;DR

Will "Blaze Pizza" run a special on 4/20?

Old Posted Sep 16, 2014, 1:50 PM

Why hasn't South Market District released more tenant information? I am hoping it is not because the space is still available.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2014, 3:02 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaWave View Post
Why hasn't South Market District released more tenant information? I am hoping it is not because the space is still available.
They haven't real eased any we just found blaze because of permits. I think also because the projected opening of the paramount is a bit behind schedule

New article I just put up for hotel on St Charles Ave:

http://canalstreetbeat.com/first-loo...t-charles-ave/

Last edited by tennis1400; Sep 16, 2014 at 9:55 PM.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2014, 2:04 AM
TL;DR

Nice! City REALLY REALLY needs to repave Melpomene though...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations