HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by braymondg View Post
I wonder what this is all about! This appeared on the city permit page.

Lot Subdivision

2018-021 7-Aug-18, 11-Oct 12-Oct, Capital Drive (Adjacent Upton
Parklands)
PID 1046259 Subdivision of parcel, RA-08, Government of
PEI (T.I.E.), 1-Nov-18.
That's the parcel of land on the north side of Capital Drive (same side as Bio Commons). I'd like to see a copy of the plan. Does the city publish this stuff on their website?

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 12:08 PM

Downtown Charlottetown Inc. has been working with all levels of government toward moving the public library from Confederation Centre to the ground floor of the Dominion Building. The new library would be more modern, offering much more than just books and basic Internet access. It sounds as if this $14 million project is going to take place. I wonder what will happen with space in Confederation Centre currently occupied by the library - perhaps a provincial museum?

It'll be nice to finally see the ground floor of Dominion Building being used, although I thought it would be the perfect location for a downtown grocery store.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...rary-1.4874301

Old Posted Oct 25, 2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGK View Post
Downtown Charlottetown Inc. has been working with all levels of government toward moving the public library from Confederation Centre to the ground floor of the Dominion Building. The new library would be more modern, offering much more than just books and basic Internet access. It sounds as if this $14 million project is going to take place. I wonder what will happen with space in Confederation Centre currently occupied by the library - perhaps a provincial museum?

It'll be nice to finally see the ground floor of Dominion Building being used, although I thought it would be the perfect location for a downtown grocery store.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...rary-1.4874301
I thought the best place for a provincial museum would be here:
https://www.google.ca/maps/@46.23113...7i13312!8i6656

Old Posted Oct 25, 2018, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
I thought the best place for a provincial museum would be here:
https://www.google.ca/maps/@46.23113...7i13312!8i6656
Not a bad location. The province bought that building years ago. The entire Queens Wharf was the topic of an RFP issued 4 years ago, the province wanted to see what ideas developers had in mind for redeveloping that area. I can't seem to locate any information after media stories announcing the RFP.

Personally, I'd like to see the area developed into several narrow 5-8 story midrise buildings, public space along the outter edge with shops/patios occupying ground floors, office and residential above ground.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2018, 8:39 PM

This wouldn’t be the first time Tim Banks has churned the rumour mill about Costco, but it’s worth sharing:

Responding to a Tweet where someone joked that it would be 2030 before Costco would locate here, Tim replied:

“Always trying to bring opportunity to PEI and I’m sure @costcocanada will be here long before your projected date... I remember when folks said Walmart would never come to Ch’town then it was never to S’side PEI retail always punches above it’s weight so stay tuned.”

-Tim Banks (@Tim_Banks) via Twitter today.

Last edited by TGK; Oct 25, 2018 at 9:28 PM.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2018, 3:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy1 View Post
A 44 unit apartment building is being built at 30 Norwood Road.

I believe this will be the location;

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/30+...!4d-63.1169941

I drove by this location a few days ago, and it appears there might be 4 buildings going up. Foundations are being poured for 2 and pads have been created for another one, if not 2 buildings.

Last edited by billy1; Nov 5, 2018 at 4:23 PM.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2018, 5:56 PM

Quote:
I drove by this location a few days ago, and it appears there might be 4 buildings going up. Foundations are being poured for 2 and pads have been created for another one, if not 2 buildings.
One building will be 44 units and 4 floors. Here is another 36 unit and 3 floor building that will be in this location. Not sure if they are rentals or condos.

Last edited by billy1; Nov 9, 2018 at 1:21 PM.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2018, 6:01 PM

Here is another building/greenhouse that is going up in the West Royalty Ind park for the cannabis company "Canada's Island Garden". It's estimated to be about 400000-500000 sq. ft.

Last edited by billy1; Nov 7, 2018 at 12:11 PM.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2018, 6:06 PM

And yet another building that was completed in the West Royalty Ind. park for a Cannabis company named Dosecann

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...uana-1.4614295

Old Posted Nov 7, 2018, 12:18 PM

Here is some pics of the 44 unit 4 storey building mentioned above in East Royalty. The never ending rain is probably not helping these projects !

Old Posted Nov 7, 2018, 12:50 PM

It'll be nice to see that area developed. With 77 units going up in that area, on top of the rest of the developing in that area, the province is seriously going to have to consider fixing up the roads in that area. The plan a few years back was an St. Peter's Road overpass over the bypass, and a roundabout at Norwood Road / Northridge Parkway. I wonder what happened to that plan?

Old Posted Nov 7, 2018, 3:54 PM

Quote:
It'll be nice to see that area developed. With 77 units going up in that area, on top of the rest of the developing in that area, the province is seriously going to have to consider fixing up the roads in that area. The plan a few years back was an St. Peter's Road overpass over the bypass, and a roundabout at Norwood Road / Northridge Parkway. I wonder what happened to that plan?
In 2014 they said it was in their 5 year plan, they just didn’t know what year it would be built.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2018, 7:58 PM

UPEI getting new 260 bed residence.

http://www.upei.ca/communications/ne...g-announcement

Old Posted Nov 9, 2018, 2:10 AM

Ok now that we have the new city council in order. It's time for the city to adopt the 2015 building code so APM can start building the new apartment buildings that have been approved. I want to sell my house in the near future but I'm not doing it unless I have a place to live. Lets get on with it!

Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 7:46 PM

Hampton Inn Update

The hotel is coming along nicely. Charlottetown needs another one of these chains to build a similar hotel at the Eastern Gateway of the city.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 7:48 PM

Centennial Nissan

The dealership will tearing down the older building they are in presently once this is finished.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 11:56 PM

Quote:
UPEI getting new 260 bed residence.

http://www.upei.ca/communications/ne...g-announcement
Any idea where they are going to put that? Land is getting scarce and a residence to accommodate 260 students will be a large building. They'll have to build up.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2018, 12:12 AM

Drove by Seafood Express today, project is moving along, but I’m concerned with the drop off so close to the road. I think they’re going to need a barrier of some sort. Anyone else see this potential hazard?

Old Posted Nov 17, 2018, 3:47 AM

Quote:
Drove by Seafood Express today, project is moving along, but I’m concerned with the drop off so close to the road. I think they’re going to need a barrier of some sort. Anyone else see this potential hazard?
Yep! I can see it. Actually the whole intersection needs to be redesigned, widened, etc. How a truck and trailer can turn down that narrow western part of Sherwood Rd. without hitting a car waiting at the light or take a pole down with it, I can see that too.

Last edited by braymondg; Nov 17, 2018 at 4:32 AM.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2018, 11:10 PM

Well, they broke ground for this ugly, ugly building. I'm appalled of the lack of opposition against this. Couldn't they have come up with something more eye appealing. I'm not against it but really, wherever did you get your architect? Send him back!! 😳

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...ound-1.4909436

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces