HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:20 AM

Yeah that building?
That’s somewhere else

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:21 AM

Oh that’s not tomato building anymore

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneFour View Post
Oh that’s not tomato building anymore
Yes, the design has changed as the developer acquiesced to pressure from his neighbours. The building is now six storeys, not ten.

FWIW, I like the design of the new building. I am just disappointed by the loss of height.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyAm00394 View Post
The image you posted was an old rendering. It has since been updated to a 6-storey instead due to opposition of residents nearby. I don’t think you are up to date with information and discussions that have been posted on the forums.

This is the new current rendering:
If there's any doubt (there isn't) that this is the actual building under construction, compare the corner closest to the intersection in this render to the 10-storey version with what's built so far. This render matches the actual structure.

Last edited by MonctonPerson; Yesterday at 2:47 PM. Reason: typo

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:05 PM

I'm not a fan of the "whiteness" but hey, it beats having a dilapidated mufflershop on that corner! I'll be curious to see the finished product.

Also, upon seeing the footprint of the building, I am coming around to feeling that 6 stories might be best suited to that corner with the Tannery buildings matching the height of the area, ten stories might be a bit too much for that spot.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnaygull View Post
I'm not a fan of the "whiteness" but hey, it beats having a dilapidated mufflershop on that corner! I'll be curious to see the finished product.

Also, upon seeing the footprint of the building, I am coming around to feeling that 6 stories might be best suited to that corner with the Tannery buildings matching the height of the area, ten stories might be a bit too much for that spot.
Driving down Vaughan Harvey yesterday I could spot the building before crossing Saint George and they're only finishing the 5th floor. At least it will have a visual impact driving from that direction once completed.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:05 PM

Ok guys prove it because the whole thing is different and designed by spitfire if u check there website that isn’t even there it has to be 10 stories high and for the Vaughan Harvey there will be many 5-10 Story buildings Mostly 6 And Home 2 Suites Is Also Getting built in a year Vaughan Harvey will be surrounded with shadows then

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:17 PM

Quote:
Ok guys prove it because the whole thing is different and designed by spitfire if u check there website that isn’t even there it has to be 10 stories high
It was reported by multiple media sources back in October 2023. Amendments were made at a council meeting to reduce the height and design. https://www.919thebend.ca/2023/10/04/49246/ It's funny how you are really trying to disprove this, when it was stated awhile ago in a council meeting and in the local media that it was redesigned to be 6 stories instead of 10 stories.

Last edited by DyAm00394; Yesterday at 9:14 PM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:21 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Ok guys prove it because the whole thing is different and designed by spitfire if u check there website that isn’t even there it has to be 10 stories high and for the Vaughan Harvey there will be many 5-10 Story buildings Mostly 6 And Home 2 Suites Is Also Getting built in a year Vaughan Harvey will be surrounded with shadows then
We don’t have to prove anything to you. You have no history here. We’ve all been around a long time and know what’s going on in the city. Be careful or you will find yourself banned from the forum. Consider this a warning. Please be respectful and pay attention to what others say.

And, by the way, the Home 2 Suites is no longer planned for the Junction Village. It will be built by the Hampton Inn off Mapleton Road beyond the TCH.

Stop being disruptive and start trying to be a productive member of the forum.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:27 PM

Hi I’m from Toronto and I moved here so what’s the talk here? are There finally having skyscrapers here?

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:31 PM

Idk people hate me for asking for evidence lol u should leave ngl

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPGguy View Post
Hi I’m from Toronto and I moved here so what’s the talk here? are There finally having skyscrapers here?
I’m not sure what you consider a skyscraper but we have a 30 floor mixed used building about to start construction and we have a lot of smaller buildings to:
-18 story apartment
-3x 15 story apartments
-a rumoured 2x 18 story
-a rumoured 2x 50 story’s (I personally don’t see this happening)
-a couple 6 story’
-and probably a lot more that has not gone public yet

Old Posted Today, 12:18 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Idk people hate me for asking for evidence lol u should leave ngl
You have been duly reported to a moderator.

Old Posted Today, 12:31 AM

I hope we start hearing some progress on St. Bernard and Infinity. It is spring, and the former's developer said they want to finish within 2 years.

Old Posted Today, 1:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new kid in town View Post
I hope we start hearing some progress on St. Bernard and Infinity. It is spring, and the former's developer said they want to finish within 2 years.
Another one we haven't heard anything about is the Robinson St. parking lot project. That's the one where Galco traded the Castle Manor lawn for the parking lot with the condition that they develop it.

Old Posted Today, 12:25 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I have a sneaking suspicion the Galco project is dead. Things are far too quiet, and the land is being used for parking again.

Old Posted Today, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

I have a sneaking suspicion the Galco project is dead. Things are far too quiet, and the land is being used for parking again.
I think you're right. Especially with their building at King & Main now empty and for sale.

The agreement with Galco gives the city the option to purchase the land at fair market value. Hopefully they'll do so and find a developer.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces