HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

21e Arrondissement I in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Montreal Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Montreal Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Feb 11, 2013, 3:06 PM
The good old days are now

MONTREAL | 21e arrondissement | 14 FLOORS

MONTREAL | 21e arrondissement | 14 FLOORS

Location: Huge parking lot bordered by Saint-Henri / William / Saint-Paul. In between Old Montreal, Griffintown and Downtown.

Up to 900 units. Phase 1 (88 units) will be have a 6 storey podium topped with an 8 storey tower.

Source: http://maison.lapresse.ca/habitation...europeenne.php

Old Posted Feb 11, 2013, 3:24 PM
Look at me!

^I have a hard time orienting myself based on this rendering. What is the street that runs at the bottom, and what is that building on the far left of the frame?

Old Posted Feb 11, 2013, 3:27 PM

This is the angle of the render, St. Paul Street is the street in the foreground: http://binged.it/XxmAv8

Old Posted Feb 11, 2013, 3:33 PM
Look at me!

Yeah ok, so I guess that this other 14 storey building on the left is an imaginary one then. That was the source of my confusion.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2013, 7:46 PM
Website Manager

Probably a future phase of the project.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 1:52 PM
The Vomit Bag.

I never heard montreal districts referred to by numerical arrondisements a la Paris.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 2:31 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
I never heard montreal districts referred to by numerical arrondisements a la Paris.
They aren't - at least not by numbers. The city is divided into arrondissements but with names instead.

This 21e Arrondissement thing has to be a marketing concept.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
They aren't - at least not by numbers. The city is divided into arrondissements but with names instead.

This 21e Arrondissement thing has to be a marketing concept.
The only connection I can make is with Paris which has 20 arrondissements. Weird to use that in another city.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 6:37 PM
Look at me!

It's just marketing guys, as in you can own a condo in the 21ie arrondissement (ie Montreal). It's like if there was a Condo in Toronto marketed as 'The sixth borough'. (you never know...)

On a side note, it wouldn't be a bad idea to follow Paris in regards to arrondissement numbers. I profoundly despise our "Rivière-des-Prairies–Pointe-aux-Trembles" or "Villeray–Saint-Michel–Parc-Extension". Either stick with one or two words or give it a number. One day, they're going to realize that Montreal's boroughs are too small so they're going to merge them, so what's gonna happen then? A "Villeray–Saint-Michel–Parc-Extension-Rosemont–La Petite-Patrie-Ahuntsic-Cartierville" Borough?

Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 7:06 PM

^ I'll second that, something must be done about those remarkably convenient names.

That said, sooner or later, Paris will count more 20 arrondissements. It's very likely, so they may have to eventually change the name of those condos too, though I'm sure most Parisians would feel flattered by that name.

BTW what's so special about condos? that term is specific to North America, but I guess the concept itself has been pretty much anywhere for long, if not for centuries maybe. I don't know.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
^ I'll second that, something must be done about those remarkably convenient names.

That said, sooner or later, Paris will count more 20 arrondissements. It's very likely, so they may have to eventually change the name of those condos too, though I'm sure most Parisians would feel flattered by that name.

BTW what's so special about condos? that term is specific to North America, but I guess the concept itself has been pretty much anywhere for long, if not for centuries maybe. I don't know.
In North America, it has been quite rare actually to own an apartment until recent times. The vast majority of apartments were rentals, and home ownership was usually only by those who owned stand alone houses or townhouses. This, I think, is part of what contributed to the boom of suburbs in North America. Economic conditions changed so that many people wanted to become owners, not renters, and there wasn't as a much of a culture or model for that happening successfully in the inner cities aside from a few rowhouse neighbourhoods, so people tried to build the sorts of homes they used to own in the countryside.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2013, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
In North America, it has been quite rare actually to own an apartment until recent times. The vast majority of apartments were rentals, and home ownership was usually only by those who owned stand alone houses or townhouses. This, I think, is part of what contributed to the boom of suburbs in North America. Economic conditions changed so that many people wanted to become owners, not renters, and there wasn't as a much of a culture or model for that happening successfully in the inner cities aside from a few rowhouse neighbourhoods, so people tried to build the sorts of homes they used to own in the countryside.
Interesting comment. I agree that except in Manhattan, apartment ownership is rather new in NA. It's good to see them develop in order to slow down sprawl.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2013, 4:26 PM
Look at me!

Old Posted Mar 10, 2013, 6:55 PM
Give us a kiss

This project is pretty exciting in the way it seeks to generate street life - not as an afterthought but as a selling point, as evidenced in the name and renders.
it's also at the edge of what i consider walking distance from the ornage line. with the increasing residential density in old montreal and griffintown i hope the city will finally try to come up with transit solutions for the entire swath of developing land south of saint-jacques.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2013, 2:42 PM
Look at me!

Thanks to Martinmtl for these pics

Old Posted Mar 17, 2013, 6:11 PM

I'm having a bit of a problem of locating that second picture... une cours intérieure? Une vue regardant vers lest? Il y aurait donc un édifice sur la partie sud du lot (Le Bistrot)? Or some more imaginary structures from these guys

Old Posted Mar 18, 2013, 2:33 PM

^ Je pense que c'est une cours intérieure ouverte à la rue (entre la phase 1 et 2).

Quote:
LE SQUARE

Le square du 21e est au cœur de ce projet. Aménagé autour d’un point d’eau et composé d’éléments de verdure, ce square a été pensé pour donner envie de se l’approprier. Entouré de terrasses aménagées pour profiter le plus longtemps possible de la belle saison, ce square invitant favorisera la vie sociale et les rencontres impromptues. Cette proposition commerciale comprendra entre autres une épicerie fine, une boulangerie, un café, un traiteur, un bistro et un fleuriste. Un marché public prendra possiblement place les week-ends à même le square du 21e et offrira des fruits et légumes de saison de maraîchers.
http://www.prevel.ca/21e/fr/square.php

Here are a few more renders (some new, some already posted):

http://www.prevel.ca/21e/en/photos.php

Old Posted Mar 18, 2013, 2:48 PM
Look at me!

I just realized now how big this project is. It's two full city blocks big. http://binged.it/XxmAv8

And I just realized now that it will be directly across the street from the Saint-M project. Plus with the new American consulate, this neighbourhood will be very interesting (although I much doubt it will be exciting).

Old Posted Mar 18, 2013, 2:58 PM
Vorsprung Durch Technik

Pour vous aider a situer le projet, tiré du site web

http://www.prevel.ca/21e/fr/etapes.php

Old Posted Mar 18, 2013, 11:33 PM

J'ai décidé de faire un petit exercice pour le situer pour de bon ce project

Je sais que l'échelle et l'angle de vue n'est pas parfait mais bon, on voit bien où ça s'en va:

Ce que l'on remarque tout de suite c'est que les phases 1-4 vont occupper seulement la moitié ouest du stationnement. Et qu'il semble que la rue Queen va être étendue jusqu'à la rue St-Paul, probablement en allée piétonnière.

Les bureaux de ventes que l'on voit sur les photos plus haut (#13 Rico) sont situés du côté est du parking, donc peut-être les buildings imaginaires que l'on voit à l'est de ce projet sont les phases 5, 6, 7...

En tout cas, leurs rendus des espaces publics (square) ne fonctionnent vraiment pas à court terme - d'après le plan fourni par West_aust, si le square était situé dans la cour intérieure des phases 1-4, il serait enclavé par les buildings, alors que sur les rendus, c'est ouvert aux deux extrémités... Les rendus du square sont probablement une vue sur la future rue (allée) Queen du point de vue de la rue Williams. En fait, l'image avec les tables et le parasol rouge serait située dans le bureau de vente actuel, presque le même POV de l'image de Rico.

Ceux qui vont acheter dans la phase 1 doivent être conscients (et confiants dans le projet!) que le joli square is dooooowwwwwwwnnnnnn the road...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive