HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation

Old Posted Jun 30, 2014, 6:19 PM
Administrator

I would if this would apply to all airports, or just the commercial ones accommodating the big twin engine jets they seem to be concerned about?

Old Posted Jun 30, 2014, 10:20 PM
SD/OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Yes, San Diego is a shortest height restrictions. They don't have a supertall tower. Only 100 or 200 feet is enough. Not even more than 200 feet high.
Huh?

San Diego's height limit is 500ft. We have numerous buildings over 40 stories that are built to just under the height limit. We would certainly have buildings over 700ft if allowed, as we have many 40 story twin tower projects where two towers could have easily been one instead.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2014, 1:05 AM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Yes, San Diego is a shortest height restrictions. They don't have a supertall tower. Only 100 or 200 feet is enough. Not even more than 200 feet high.
You are obviously wrong.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2014, 1:14 AM
E pluribus unum

I never fully appreciated/understood Downtown San Jose's height limit in relation to its airport until I visited last year. I thought Phoenix and San Diego's situations were bad.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2014, 2:09 AM
BANNED

In San Diego's defense, the skyline is beautiful with our stubby 400ft+ buildings. We might lack supertalls, but that's ok. We don't have the demand for a 1000 ft. Office tower. Most high rises built in CBDs now-a-days are overpriced condos.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2014, 4:08 AM
SD/OC

^ Well, Qualcomm is looking for over a million square feet of office space, but I don't think they will build downtown, and can't build over 500ft

Old Posted Jul 1, 2014, 6:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonman View Post
Huh?

San Diego's height limit is 500ft. We have numerous buildings over 40 stories that are built to just under the height limit. We would certainly have buildings over 700ft if allowed, as we have many 40 story twin tower projects where two towers could have easily been one instead.
Yes, you're absolutely right. I didn't even know that. I thought they are allowed more than 500 ft, but I don't see any height restrictions by FAA regulations.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2014, 2:24 PM

Air India flight returns to New Jersey airport after engine trouble

Air India flight returns to New Jersey airport after engine trouble

By David Jones
Reuters
July 13, 2014

"An Air India flight with 313 passengers onboard was forced to return to Newark Liberty International Airport on Sunday after an engine on the Boeing 777 appeared to overheat and catch fire, according to airport officials.

The officials previously said a bird strike may have caused the fire but later ruled that out after conducting an investigation, said Erica Dumas, a spokeswoman for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

A few minutes after taking off, the pilot of Air India Flight 144 reported flames coming from an engine on the left side of the aircraft, Dumas said. The plane returned to the airport about half an hour after taking off..."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0FI18S20140714

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation